India's MIL signed a contract worth $225 Million for supply of Artillery ammunition to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

what work ethic? Last several years I have had to deal with state government bureaucracies and banks in three southern states of India. There is no work ethic. 95% are corrupts or inept. The 5% carry the whole load.
If you recall in that post I mentioned larger populations and percentage.

So its a skewed representation because those Pakistanis that went to the UAE didn’t represent the better ones and the ones you are talking to don’t represent the better ones. Its who is going where but in general the Pakistani focus is more selfish than the Indian focus - but all beyond the scope of this thread

POF builds high standard artillery ammo, if they cannot sell to even 'brotherly' countries then where they will be able to sell it? Army has terribly failed yet again and I keep coming across posts for the praise of leadership and fake glorification like 'game changer' and 'checkmate'. No country becomes strong by buying weapons (and that too on loans) . Real success is when you are able to export defense goods. The so-called "leadership" has failed miserably.

Lastly, It's natural that you will ruin country's standing, its foreign policy if you implement CIA backed regime change. You just played in their hands. They will always look for their own benefit. If 'some' countries were not happy with you, it meant your govt was thinking for the benefit of its self and its people for the first time.

You keep repeating the same tape record on every thread. Everyone agrees with the the issues - but if you cannot provide any other positive input other than the pro-PTI messaging on every thread - you will be banned from sections that don’t involve politics. This is your last warning.

I have to agree with the original OP. His assessments are fair and though bitter truth, still ought to be told and repeated - especially with the censorship and other tyrannies. Parallels between Pakistan and India are natural and expected within scope of discussions.

POF used to dominate the middle eastern market compared to other countries in South Asia, so why do we see the regression we have seen the past couple decades while India is surging ahead? These are legitimate points of discussion.

India is a very big country and the Indian influence in the middle east was built by the Malayalees(people from Kerala, sometimes called Malabaris). They live on the southern coast and have a population of only 3 crores, but form more than half of Indians working in GCC countries. Their work-ethic mixed with high education(Kerala has 100% literacy) set the stage for Indians to work in middle east.

Pakistanis did not have the same work ethic. Nowadys Indian from UP(Lucknow, Agra etc.) are flooding the middle-east labour markets. These are the same people as Karachi Mohajirs.

I heard from one Keralite that their state used to be Communist and even had land redistribution policies. That's something to think about.

I have to agree with the original OP. His assessments are fair and though bitter truth, still ought to be told and repeated - especially with the censorship and other tyrannies. Parallels between Pakistan and India are natural and expected within scope of discussions.

POF used to dominate the middle eastern market compared to other countries in South Asia, so why do we see the regression we have seen the past couple decades while India is surging ahead? These are legitimate points of discussion.
Absolutely - but repeating the same aspect in every other threads adds nothing and especially with no pragmatic solution presented is nothing more than a waste of time.

Absolutely - but repeating the same aspect in every other threads adds nothing and especially with no pragmatic solution presented is nothing more than a waste of time.

Fair point.

I heard from one Keralite that their state used to be Communist and even had land redistribution policies. That's something to think about.
Land reforms have been present all over India. All Indian states underwent land reforms.

Keralites turned away from communism, so did West Bengal. One of the reasons people had to go to work in the gulf is because they couldn't find employment within their state even after being highly educated and hard working.

Now the disease of communism is being eradicated, it's almost dead in India. Indians are not Chinese, we will not live as slaves.

Several states had land redistribution policies, Kerala was just one of them. They are alternately Communist and Congress; right at the moment, they are Communist. Another state also went through extensive, very deep land reform, and 34 continuous years of Communist electoral success, but today, in that state, the Communist party stands totally discredited, and struggles to win even a handful of seats against a thoroughly despicable government, whose only virtue is opposition to the horrible socio-political agenda of the Sangh Parivar.

So - will the military in Pakistan explain why they could not offer the quality and quantity to Saudia Arabai, such that they have now gone to India for procurement?

This is quite embarrasing for the Pakistani military ... for their expectations of "brotherly" relationship ?!?!
Follow the feedback on (Pakistani mujitions) from the Ukrainians in the ongoing artillery war.

Private companies over government run enterprise is always better. We're still using ancient machines in our factories, any profit they make goes to pad generals pockets.

Private companies usually reinvest in R&D and better equipment.

Private companies over government run enterprise is always better. We're still using ancient machines in our factories, any profit they make goes to pad generals pockets.

Private companies usually reinvest in R&D and better equipment.
I think it's just a lack of education. Education is the key.

Pakistan's education has fallen decades behind it's rivals. India has been investing in education since independence and even though progress has been slow it is showing results in every field. Banking, telecom, technology, IT, space exploration, aerospace, maritime, construction Indians are beginning to flex their muscle in every field. Pakistan's education sectors needs to be reformed from scratch.

I think it's just a lack of education. Education is the key.

Pakistan's education has fallen decades behind it's rivals. India has been investing in education since independence and even though progress has been slow it is showing results in every field. Banking, telecom, technology, IT, space exploration, aerospace, maritime, construction Indians are beginning to flex their muscle in every field. Pakistan's education sectors needs to be reformed from scratch.
Rote learning and studying to get marks in a exam, isn't education.

Even today Indian Education on whole, is way way behind any Western country. So many states don't have proper schooling and teachers etc.

Concentration is always on getting marks, rather than innovation. Look at the spending done on R & D, and that should give anyone answer. I mean when will we be pumping innovative products, rather than clap hands when a Indian does it in USA's silicon valley? For someone to be successful, if they have to leave India its kind of pathetic.

Even scientific papers published, India lags far behind others. Lot has to change, for us to find success that we want to.

Rote learning and studying to get marks in a exam, isn't education.

Even today Indian Education on whole, is way way behind any Western country. So many states don't have proper schooling and teachers etc.

Concentration is always on getting marks, rather than innovation. Look at the spending done on R & D, and that should give anyone answer. I mean when will we be pumping innovative products, rather than clap hands when a Indian does it in USA's silicon valley? For someone to be successful, if they have to leave India its kind of pathetic.

Even scientific papers published, India lags far behind others. Lot has to change, for us to find success that we want to.
Both agree and disagree.
Rote learning at school stages is being replaced as most IIT/NEET exams now have a lot of application and aptitude questions. Nobody cares about school syllabus anymore. Colleges vary greatly, some are awesome though.

Both agree and disagree.
Rote learning at school stages is being replaced as most IIT/NEET exams now have a lot of application and aptitude questions. Nobody cares about school syllabus anymore. Colleges vary greatly, some are awesome though.
Not sure its widespread, but let's see how it goes. Results should show up, in coming decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back