'Indus Water Treaty Not feasible to maintain': India serves notice to Pakistan, seeks Modification.

Again, if India could do so, why didn't it? Modi has been saying this for a long time now, so why hasn't it?
What use is breaking a treaty if you are not in position to take advantage of breaking that treaty.

Ground work is being done. I know they will not allow 80℅ of water to flow to Pakistan. The change will be gradual.
Depends all on Pakistani rulers. For some it will be a red line and lead to conflict - but others could sit back and let it slide.

India is not making these moves in isolation unless it sees a path to being able to so this without conflict.

You just answered your own point.
Have i ?

My point is when the time comes, when the Indian government is ready to withdraw from the treaty, they will.

No threat of any court of arbitration or an all out war will stop them from doing that.

The only thing that will stop them is Pakistan agreeing to negotiate on the treaty, right now and addressing Indian concerns.

India took 10 years to sign this treaty and has upheld it for last 65 years, they wouldn't break it in a day.

Have i ?

My point is when the time comes, when the Indian government is ready to withdraw from the treaty, they will.

No threat of any court of arbitration or an all out war will stop them from doing that.

The only thing that will stop them is Pakistan agreeing to negotiate on the treaty, right now and addressing Indian concerns.

India took 10 years to sign this treaty and has upheld it for last 65 years, they wouldn't break it in a day.
If India had the power to, they'd have done so. Modi has been talking about it since he first ran and won for the PMship.

It's not gonna happen. It would lead to international alarm

If Pakistan is not interested in renegotiation. Then we will all be seeing india walking out of the treaty, it's just a matter of time.
Cassus belli for war. If you think those insurgency the 90s was intense, walking out on this treaty will more or less bring out an insurgency that’s slowing dying off (because the military they establishment is playing balls with yall for the time being).

The current illegal government will do everything in power to show the Pakistani people that they are in control. Which means you guessed restarting problems in IOK. Let me how things work out for everyone then.

Cassus belli for war. If you think those insurgency the 90s was intense, walking out on this treaty will more or less bring out an insurgency that’s slowing dying off (because the military they establishment is playing balls with yall for the time being).

The current illegal government will do everything in power to show the Pakistani people that they are in control. Which means you guessed restarting problems in IOK. Let me how things work out for everyone then.
There is one river which has already dried up. And you know what your govt and establishment are doing, they are making real estate out of the dried up land.

its all about two things

Money & Geo politics .... in 1960s USA & west needed Pakistan as it needed its air bases against USSR and later against afghanistan in 1980s,1990s till 2019 now they dont as Pakistan has on a platter given to China for which USSR and later USA had been pouring billions into AF PAK region but now they dont care as they are thinking of using Iran and india

so the point is Pakistan cannot fight or attack India alone until either NATO+USA helps it or either China+Russia comes behind it and niether is ready to back it specially on so called Indus Water Treaty when in last 60 years Pakistan did nothing on things it had promised to do in first twenty five years of signing the treaty

what makes you think even nations like Iran that supported you till Shah was there will support you when they know how you guys are known double crosserres after what hapenned to USA & NATO in afghanistan and how those same so called STRATEGICK ASSETS are helping Pakistani Establishment in the way they never desired ;) :P

Only Indians can claim that changing their own constitution as a great achievement
well Article370 was always a temporarry provission and was to be abolished in twenty years but then congress goverment had very clerly deleted the abolishing machanism from the constitution but we found the original constitional copy in Library of Kashmir and that copy had that part of article

anyway its owr article owr nation owr democracy we will make constitution amendment by voting in both houses parliament and then passing it which cannot even be rejected in a court of law ... then who is Pakistan to object that had its constitution been overturned multiple times either by its jeudicarry or Militarry or policticans

as for Indus water treaty well we need water for owr people while your nation is wasting it as you are not storing it even after promissing to make multiple storage facilities in 1960s so even world bank or world bodies in arbitration cannot do anything cause we even have logic and law on owr side ... in short pakistan cannot do anything and there is nothing china or usa or europe will do or can do by making stupid articles in some newspapers ;) :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back