'Indus Water Treaty Not feasible to maintain': India serves notice to Pakistan, seeks Modification.

No. You were going around and round about the legality of the issue.
No, you just made shit up about me and I called you out on it.
No. Why would we want to be like China? It's on some imaginary competition with the west. On the other hand India is simply going to get the best of both worlds.

Point being the treaty is perpetual, I don't think it is going to last but sure enough you will have to make concessions.
Another lie.

1. Most courts have powers to enforce its rulings, be it criminal or civil courts.

2. However court of arbitration is a court where both parties have voluntarily accept that they will accept its ruling.

When and if times comes, and India decides to aborogate the treaty, no court arbitration will be able to stop it.
Again, if India could do so, why didn't it? Modi has been saying this for a long time now, so why hasn't it?

Again, if India could do so, why didn't it? Modi has been saying this for a long time now, so why hasn't it?
What use is breaking a treaty if you are not in position to take advantage of breaking that treaty.

Ground work is being done. I know they will not allow 80℅ of water to flow to Pakistan. The change will be gradual.
Depends all on Pakistani rulers. For some it will be a red line and lead to conflict - but others could sit back and let it slide.

India is not making these moves in isolation unless it sees a path to being able to so this without conflict.

You just answered your own point.
Have i ?

My point is when the time comes, when the Indian government is ready to withdraw from the treaty, they will.

No threat of any court of arbitration or an all out war will stop them from doing that.

The only thing that will stop them is Pakistan agreeing to negotiate on the treaty, right now and addressing Indian concerns.

India took 10 years to sign this treaty and has upheld it for last 65 years, they wouldn't break it in a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back