Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

Harbyharb

Oct 24, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
that's wrong news , MAPNA didn't reverse engineered a complete CFM56, they built the contraption that the engine is tied to and is used to test engines after maintenance
Unfortunate. Then there’s still a very very long way to go for the IRIAF. Thanks for the clearification

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@Hack-Hook

Mi-28 is sti useless or still using this old CAS platform and producing new one based on that (nothing has been produced by HESA)?
Mil-28 still useless as always said the correct way is investing in Toofan , accident happens it don't mean go after something because a foreign country built it. and specially a system which is not safer
or the last crash that killed all on board and one civilian on the ground.
and Uganda Mil Mi-28 delivered in 2022

tsunset

The Legend
Sep 26, 2022
Mil-28 still useless as always said the correct way is investing in Toofan , accident happens it don't mean go after something because a foreign country built it. and specially a system which is not safer
or the last crash that killed all on board and one civilian on the ground.
and Uganda Mil Mi-28 delivered in 2022
0 of those Touphan and AH-1 prototype have been constructed

Mi-28 performs in Ukraine and with Iranian armament with more than 25+km range missiles it would be a beast

Now show us how much of those Supercobras crashed since the Iran Iraq war because of malfunction

The number should be at least more than 20, so posting random crashes from the Uganda army or random crash from Russia isn't changing anything

It's not my fault but you really seem to want Iranian pilots dying in those flying coffins and refusing modernity for the sake of continuing projects that were and are never fruitful

Kyussis

Dec 16, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Why are you guys discussing Army Aviation in the IRIAF section?

Tehrani021

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It's not my fault but you really seem to want Iranian pilots dying in those flying coffins and refusing modernity for the sake of continuing projects that were and are never fruitful

Either subservience to the West or this. These are his two options.

Fatman17

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Screenshot_20240606_053535_Combat Aircraft Journal.jpg

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
that's wrong news , MAPNA didn't reverse engineered a complete CFM56, they built the contraption that the engine is tied to and is used to test engines after maintenance

I can’t believe anyone on this planet thinks Iran reverse engineered CFM56.

Iran would be praised across the world for such a feat.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This was my idea. 1 year prior to official unveiling I theorized about building underground air bases.

Someone on this forum works for IRGC and steals my ideas without providing credit 🤔

Wish they listen to my fighter jet idea however.

I know what you mean, I feel the same exact way!

I'm sure you know this already; the Yugoslavian Serbs originally came up with Željava underground MiG-21 shelter base which wasn't really underground, more like inside a mountain on what's today the Bosnian/Croatian border.

1718479525839.png

The Serbian forces ended up destroying it while retreating at the end of '94 after NATO bombed the living daylights out of Yugoslavia. Brilliant idea but I would think potentially difficult logistically and probably costly, too.

For Iran it's probably a great thing because it'll save the fighters and if the runways get hit, at least those can be quickly repaired and put back into action whereas the fighters are a different story. And that one for the F-4 Phantoms looks like it's huge with many converging tunnels. And difficult to find.

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I know what you mean, I feel the same exact way!

I'm sure you know this already; the Yugoslavian Serbs originally came up with Željava underground MiG-21 shelter base which wasn't really underground, more like inside a mountain on what's today the Bosnian/Croatian border.

View attachment 48574

The Serbian forces ended up destroying it while retreating at the end of '94 after NATO bombed the living daylights out of Yugoslavia. Brilliant idea but I would think potentially difficult logistically and probably costly, too.

For Iran it's probably a great thing because it'll save the fighters and if the runways get hit, at least those can be quickly repaired and put back into action whereas the fighters are a different story. And that one for the F-4 Phantoms looks like it's huge with many converging tunnels. And difficult to find.

North Korea has one with the runway inside the mountain.

Taiwan has the largest underground airbase in the world can fit over 120 fighters I believe.

China, Germany, Russia etc all have had hardened or nuclear proof underground airbases throughout various points in history.

The idea I had isn’t ‘new’ by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread