Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

So what is new on Iran Airforce , and Sukhoi project ?

Not much news about the Russian new planes or Iran's own local production
We are still waiting for pictures of Su 35 in Iran.

Yasin jet and Simorgh cargo plane and Qaher UAV are doing flight tests.

A squadron of Kausar jets is also under construction.

Bhai, in 2 minutes $30 million dollar Sukhoi gets shot down over Ukraine. I don’t think Irani are even serious about warplanes. In fact I doubt anybody else is either, seeing the carnage in Ukraine.

If it was up to me every one of those 58 or so airframes left (more than the reported Su-35 purchase!) would get new engines, glass cockpit, AESA, Phoenix replacement, and the best medium and short range missiles we could get from the Chinese or Russians. But I'm just a random F-14 nerd on the internet.

You're just a grunt, man! lol, albeit one hell of a knowledgeable grunt! :D

And that's a great idea and seems like they've already addressed the phoenix missiles with the homemade version and we've seen them with R-73s & R-27s on some of the old pics. Engines seem to be working just fine so far anyway, a replacement would be ideal for sure but credit to them with all the sanctions and complete unavailability of OEM or even after-market parts that they're still able to fly those things so well.

They've undoubtedly manufactured their own parts and for the ones they can't, they've probably taken a dedicated number of older platforms and used those parts from them?

It's remarkable what Iran has done to keep these Tomcats flying in such good condition, considering the USN had to retire them because they were just too much to maintain (especially the engines like you said they were having serious issues with them), the labor-intensive factor and logistically wise. But the latter could've also been the product of being brutally abused as carrier-borne platforms and the constant pounding of landings & catapult takeoffs, plus the effects of salt water/air corrosion, Iran's F-14s aren't exposed to all that. But it's possible these Tomcats have reached -- maybe even surpassed -- service life. Considering they were purchased in 1974, that's a huge possibility.

Still up in the air, it seems. I still hope it happens if not for the IRIAF's sake, for my own personal one!

Although I am a bit worried since the time Kim Jong Un visited Russia last year, they took him to visit the Sukhoi plant and specifically a tour of the ex-Egyptian Su-35s that were wrapped up in storage, and supposedly Putin is going to North Korea this week or next and is expected to sign a huge military deal. Combine those two events and put 2 & 2 together.........worrisome. Although some are saying it's only going to be a MOU regarding the production of ammunition to sustain Russia's war effort in the Ukraine, who knows for now we shall see eventually.

Bhai, in 2 minutes $30 million dollar Sukhoi gets shot down over Ukraine. I don’t think Irani are even serious about warplanes. In fact I doubt anybody else is either, seeing the carnage in Ukraine.

1718728575263.png

Meh, don't believe the brutal anti-Russkiye propaganda that's on an all-out mission out there, bro. Just think, this is the same propaganda machine that supports the zionist demons and has been running all the anti-Hamas propaganda and even despises Iran.

And the above chart is even from Wiki and we all know who controls that page.

The VVS has lost only 6 Su-35Ss to date in the SMO and we've already gone over the reasons for that about 20 pages back or so.

There's a reason why Iran is interested in them and TBPH, I've always maintained that no matter who the military is, they know better and much more than us forum dwellers lol. If the IRIAF is interested in them and does eventually get them, then they know what's good for them I would never even question their choice until I at least try to understand the entire context of the situation at hand.

In this case, even if we supposed the Su-35Ss are complete worthless junk and that the latest F-16 would fly circles around it....ehem.....what else it out there for a country like Iran that is of that caliber, as in a potent, heavy fighter with brutal weapons? The F-15? I think we know the answer to that. The J-11 or 16 or whatever? We know China can't export its Russian license-built aircraft so that's out the door. Any other heavy fighters? Those are the only 2 choices and when we look at it in that perspective, it makes all the sense in the world. Plus, with the huge possibility that Egypt has already paid about $1 billion out of the total $2.2 billion for that contract of 30 Su-35Ss, that means Iran would most likely be getting them at a sweet, sweet deal. Makes all the sense in the world.

Last edited:
You're just a grunt, man! lol, albeit one hell of a knowledgeable grunt! :D

And that's a great idea and seems like they've already addressed the phoenix missiles with the homemade version and we've seen them with R-73s & R-27s on some of the old pics. Engines seem to be working just fine so far anyway, a replacement would be ideal for sure but credit to them with all the sanctions and complete unavailability of OEM or even after-market parts that they're still able to fly those things so well.

They've undoubtedly manufactured their own parts and for the ones they can't, they've probably taken a dedicated number of older platforms and used those parts from them?

It's remarkable what Iran has done to keep these Tomcats flying in such good condition, considering the USN had to retire them because they were just too much to maintain (especially the engines like you said they were having serious issues with them), the labor-intensive factor and logistically wise. But the latter could've also been the product of being brutally abused as carrier-borne platforms and the constant pounding of landings & catapult takeoffs, plus the effects of salt water/air corrosion, Iran's F-14s aren't exposed to all that. But it's possible these Tomcats have reached -- maybe even surpassed -- service life. Considering they were purchased in 1974, that's a huge possibility.

Still up in the air, it seems. I still hope it happens if not for the IRIAF's sake, for my own personal one!

Although I am a bit worried since the time Kim Jong Un visited Russia last year, they took him to visit the Sukhoi plant and specifically a tour of the ex-Egyptian Su-35s that were wrapped up in storage, and supposedly Putin is going to North Korea this week or next and is expected to sign a huge military deal. Combine those two events and put 2 & 2 together.........worrisome. Although some are saying it's only going to be a MOU regarding the production of ammunition to sustain Russia's war effort in the Ukraine, who knows for now we shall see eventually.

View attachment 49117

Meh, don't believe the brutal anti-Russkiye propaganda that's on an all-out mission out there, bro. Just think, this is the same propaganda machine that supports the zionist demons and has been running all the anti-Hamas propaganda and even despises Iran.

And the above chart is even from Wiki and we all know who controls that page.

The VVS has lost only 6 Su-35Ss to date in the SMO and we've already gone over the reasons for that about 20 pages back or so.

There's a reason why Iran is interested in them and TBPH, I've always maintained that no matter who the military is, they know better and much more than us forum dwellers lol. If the IRIAF is interested in them and does eventually get them, then they know what's good for them I would never even question their choice until I at least try to understand the entire context of the situation at hand.

In this case, even if we supposed the Su-35Ss are complete worthless junk and that the latest F-16 would fly circles around it....ehem.....what else it out there for a country like Iran that is of that caliber, as in a potent, heavy fighter with brutal weapons? The F-15? I think we know the answer to that. The J-11 or 16 or whatever? We know China can't export its Russian license-built aircraft so that's out the door. Any other heavy fighters? Those are the only 2 choices and when we look at it in that perspective, it makes all the sense in the world. Plus, with the huge possibility that Egypt has already paid about $1 billion out of the total $2.2 billion for that contract of 30 Su-35Ss, that means Iran would most likely be getting them at a sweet, sweet deal. Makes all the sense in the world.
Same tactics used to defend Ukraine regurigitated for Israel

- Dehumanizing Gazans and Lebanese + Iranians
- Israel is the pure victim
- Israel does not do war crimes or any genocide, but the other part is
- Hollywood claims
- Usage of false or distorted news
- Israel intercepted 99% of projectiles, this is the exact one that was used for Ukraine by Zelensky about S-136
- "We strike only high value targets"
- Israel has an invicible technological army of spartans (although this one most people even in propaganda knows that IDF specially ground forces is a massive joke)

Show me Iran made aerial AESA radar.
claim is free
I don't believe he ever said that they were made in the country, rather the tomcat radars were upgraded to aesa. Also, as I think about it, he specifically said "aaraaee phaazi" or phased array; I can't remember if he ever said fa'aal or gheyreh fa'aal for the tomcat, only phased array.
In other podcasts, he does specify actice vs passive when discussing Iran's air defense systems.

I don't believe he ever said that they were made in the country, rather the tomcat radars were upgraded to aesa. Also, as I think about it, he specifically said "aaraaee phaazi" or phased array; I can't remember if he ever said fa'aal or gheyreh fa'aal for the tomcat, only phased array.
In other podcasts, he does specify actice vs passive when discussing Iran's air defense systems.
the only official thing said about F-14 radar is that , they digitized component of RADAR , its the same AWG-9 only some component replaced with modern electric . its probably faster in computing data , but i don't expect groundbreaking increase in capabilities.

he is a low ranking personnel in air-force something like corporal Sergent and talk many nonsense

Last edited:

That's fantastic, man. Not sure what the reposting poster is laughing about lol. The translation says "Not retweeting as much as bookmarking 😅" lol I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds like he's mocking something to do with the process in the video clip.

What I see is that they're showing how they replaced several critical circuit boards on the AGM-65's seeker head and turned it into a precision guided surface to surface weapon. And why not? We know for a fact that Iran has produced very accurate short & medium range ballistic missiles with its own, home-made domestic guidance technology and so why wouldn't it work on a much simpler and smaller missile?

It should be even easier than starting from scratch, like with all the drones and ballistic missiles Iran is & has been producing.

That's fantastic, man. Not sure what the reposting poster is laughing about lol. The translation says "Not retweeting as much as bookmarking 😅" lol I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds like he's mocking something to do with the process in the video clip.

What I see is that they're showing how they replaced several critical circuit boards on the AGM-65's seeker head and turned it into a precision guided surface to surface weapon. And why not? We know for a fact that Iran has produced very accurate short & medium range ballistic missiles with its own, home-made domestic guidance technology and so why wouldn't it work on a much simpler and smaller missile?

It should be even easier than starting from scratch, like with all the drones and ballistic missiles Iran is & has been producing.
He post it now but I saw the video several year ago . It is ira upgrade on agm-65 by replacing the camera and circuits on the seeker they made it lock on target a lot faster (5 to 6) time faster also more resilient to counter measure like smoke screen and such
And no it was not turned into a ground based missile the missile is already have the capability to launch from ground but there is no ground station to control it we usually fire it from aircraft and rarely helicopters

He post it now but I saw the video several year ago . It is ira upgrade on agm-65 by replacing the camera and circuits on the seeker they made it lock on target a lot faster (5 to 6) time faster also more resilient to counter measure like smoke screen and such
And no it was not turned into a ground based missile the missile is already have the capability to launch from ground but there is no ground station to control it we usually fire it from aircraft and rarely helicopters
AGM-65 was fired from helicopter? With all its range or less?

That's even better. So, I'm not sure what the fella making the X post was ragging about lol?

That's what I meant, otherwise it wouldn't make sense that they would launch it from an F-14 like it was designed to in the first place just to test it.

Testing it this way makes it pretty obvious they intend to have a surface-to-surface variant of the AGM-65. Only question now would be if that launcher is the intended one or will they be producing one capable of firing multiple Mavericks.

That's even better. So, I'm not sure what the fella making the X post was ragging about lol?
Haven't you see people on you tube beg for like and subscribe.
On X they beg for retweet and he is doing that it's just X algorithm and have nothing to do with news

Testing it this way makes it pretty obvious they intend to have a surface-to-surface variant of the AGM-65. Only question now would be if that launcher is the intended one or will they be producing one capable of firing multiple Mavericks.
There is no surface variant of it and no it's not f-14 weapon it's f-4 weapon. And some AH-1J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back