• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Iranian Special Presidential Elections 2024 (post shaheed Ebrahim Raisi)

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@Hack-Hook are you sincerely impressed by Pezeshkian? I have been very disappointed by him, I think he is not very competent at all. the only reason I would vote for him over Jalili is because Jalili is even less competent. At least Pezeshkian has a better understanding of social issues, Jalili is delusional and his path will lead Iran to 20% election turnout

but the idea of President Pezeshkian and President Trump is very worrying. imagine Israel launches full scale war on Hezbollah/Lebanon under Trump and we have weak Pezeshkian in power. we will be screwed and Axis of Resistance will take a big blow.
I'm not impressed with any participant .
But I knew jalili type and I have lived withem.
Also let be honest comparing pezeshkian with jalili and how they performed in ptheir previous posts I can't give jalili any grade above him
About our president and resistance I am far more varied about one or two of our commanding generals than our president no matter who the winner be. President have a lot less to say about the resistance than those Generals

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I'm not impressed with any participant .
But I knew jalili type and I have lived withem.
Also let be honest comparing pezeshkian with jalili and how they performed in ptheir previous posts I can't give jalili any grade above him
About our president and resistance I am far more varied about one or two of our commanding generals than our president no matter who the winner be. President have a lot less to say about the resistance than those Generals
In the debates I thought they were both horrible.

President of Iran is chairman of national security council which is where all real decisions are made, so President has some importance for that (not to say he can be decisive, but important). Agree many of the generals are extremely incompetent and should not have such high ranks. They lie a lot, with even stupid lies that can be easily proven wrong.

But in a hostile foreign environment I would rather have a hardline president than a soft reformist pro-West (rather, pro dialogue with the West) president. Trump will walk over Pezeshkian.

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In the debates I thought they were both horrible.

President of Iran is chairman of national security council which is where all real decisions are made, so President has some importance for that (not to say he can be decisive, but important). Agree many of the generals are extremely incompetent and should not have such high ranks. They lie a lot, with even stupid lies that can be easily proven wrong.

But in a hostile foreign environment I would rather have a hardline president than a soft reformist pro-West (rather, pro dialogue with the West) president. Trump will walk over Pezeshkian.
Additionally, the language Pezeshkian uses is poor. Full of fake garbage. It’s enough that Zarif is barking for him. No thanks.

Jalili, does not come across as a technocrat, rather an ideological creature. On one of his first debates he constantly spoke over his advisors or didn’t leave room for them to speak. Clear indicator of poor or nonexistent management skills. Additionally, he makes sweeping shoulda coulda meaningless comments. Good comments but hollow. But his language is far superior to Pezeshkian who parrots Zarif’s western liberal gharbgeda stance.

Given two imperfect candidates, Jalili is far better. I’ll vote for him.

Regardless of who wins, I’m keeping a sharp eye on changes on Iran’s foreign policy and nuclear stance. I fully expect it to continue as is.

No excuses this time.

Last edited:

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

controversial perspective but this is a worrying trend. I think it is normal for every country to unify their language and culture as much as possible across ethnic groups.

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

controversial perspective but this is a worrying trend. I think it is normal for every country to unify their language and culture as much as possible across ethnic groups.

Caution with Neutrino, he's gone from superb military, nuclear, and science reporting on multiple platforms to almost entirely tafragheh afkani and racist commentary on X. The language he uses I'm not familiar with as an Iranian. This is imported language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest