• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
GEhhVLPaQAAaLQ9

GEhhQ0ha0AASW5A

One of the newly delivered Ababil 5s pictured carrying an Arman glide bomb
Arman-2

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Wonder if it arrive empty or with some “goodies” for Iranian armed forces.

Strange that Iran is loading military cargo at a civilian airport tho. I used to land at Mehrabad back before IKA was built.

Does Iran not have any military airfields around Tehran region that can accommodate this size aircraft?

@jauk @Hack-Hook

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Strange that Iran is loading military cargo at a civilian airport tho. I used to land at Mehrabad back before IKA was built.

Does Iran not have any military airfields around Tehran region that can accommodate this size aircraft?

@jauk @Hack-Hook

Ummm..i don't know.

Kyussis

Dec 16, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

@jauk @Hack-Hook

Mehrabad is dual use and there is even a Mig-29 squadron based there ( North/east corner).

Flotilla

Dec 23, 2023

@jauk @Hack-Hook

Yes, there are a small airfield at the east of Tehran;

Velayat Park, at the south it is another airfield now reconverted into park, but it can be transformed in few days back to airfield.

And lastly you have Payam airport in Karaj at the west, where there are a pair of Fokker 50/60 operating and some aeronautical industries. For sure there must be any military utility for the IRIAF fleet.

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

@jauk @Hack-Hook

no there is no such field .

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Velayat Park, at the south it is another airfield now reconverted into park, but it can be transformed in few days back to airfield.
only suitable for small aircrafts

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
And lastly you have Payam airport in Karaj at the west, where there are a pair of Fokker 50/60 operating and some aeronautical industries. For sure there must be any military utility for the IRIAF fleet.
also a civilian airport .

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes, there are a small airfield at the east of Tehran;

only 1.7km runway too small for An-124 around Tehran 3 air port have the necessary length , Payam and Imam Khomeini airport which are civilian and then we have Mehr-Abad which is double use

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
only 1.7km runway too small for An-124 around Tehran 3 air port have the necessary length , Payam and Imam Khomeini airport which are civilian and then we have Mehr-Abad which is double use

Seems strange this day and age to not have an military airfield dedicated to the capital province.

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Seems strange this day and age to not have an military airfield dedicated to the capital province.
there is one , the 1.7km runway is enough for fighters , its enough for our c-130s (they need 1,093 m at max weight) , its twice the length our il-76 need (900m)
it just small for an aircraft we don't operate

Flotilla

Dec 23, 2023
no there is no such field .
Partisan YT channel suggest that another 2 Yaks 130 are being transferred in such AN-124 flight...

But I cannot credit it until it is announced. IRIAF announced first two in semi-official news channels.

Users who are viewing this thread