Israel and USA 'jammed GPS signals' in days before Iran's 300-missile launch to confuse attackers

Why I posted good question. I am writing to express my concern regarding recent decisions that seem to compromise Pakistan's security under the new leadership. One significant decision involved transitioning from GPS to China's BeiDou satellite navigation system, which was underway until a halt was initiated under the leadership of Asim Munir and the Air Chief.

The grounding of the SZK 03 Chinese surveillance airplanes, which were acquired between 2001 and 2005, further raises questions about the strategic direction being taken. These aircraft were integral to Pakistan's surveillance capabilities and played a crucial role in safeguarding national security interests.

The timing of these decisions is particularly alarming, considering the events surrounding the surprise airstrike conducted by Pakistan on February 27th, utilizing China's BeiDou system. This successful operation showcased the effectiveness of the BeiDou system in enhancing Pakistan's defense capabilities.

However, the abrupt halt in the transition process and the grounding of the surveillance aircraft raise concerns about the motivations behind these actions. It is widely known that the USA had allegedly informed India about Pakistan's plan to launch 18 missiles, suggesting a potential leak of sensitive information.

These developments highlight the need for transparency and accountability in decision-making processes that impact national security. As citizens, we must demand clarity and justification for decisions that could potentially undermine Pakistan's defense capabilities and jeopardize its sovereignty.

In conclusion, it is imperative that the Pakistani leadership prioritize national security interests above all else and ensure that decisions are made in the best interests of the country and its people. We must remain vigilant and hold our leaders accountable for their actions to safeguard the future of Pakistan.
Alas they are busy with more important issues than national security 😕

I still feel with due respect to move to the strategic affairs section. Thanks

GPS is owned by the US military and it has stated from Day 1 that it reserves the right to do whatever it wants with the signals.
That is my point. Weapons who are using gps system manufactured by Americans for their army how can that befits to China Russia and those countries whom America is hostile towards.. these weapons made by USA will be compromised when time of use against America or its allies..

yeha I agree but I could not find out where to post as I just finshed my 6 months ban on defence.pk. Now I own my own website Defensa.pk. That ban force me to built my own website 😂. I saw this new website so many things has changed hahah
Link please

Looks very recent. Good luck with it.

yeh i built that 4 months ago but I could not run it as I have no time for this. If I get ban again I will push it hard to run website😜

That is my point. Weapons who are using gps system manufactured by Americans for their army how can that befits to China Russia and those countries whom America is hostile towards.. these weapons made by USA will be compromised when time of use against America or its allies..

It has been stated clearly for a long time that countries who decide to get a free ride by pigging backing their weapons on the US military's GPS system are going to find themselves in trouble during wartime.

I don't know why people think the US military is simply going to allow foreign militaries to freely use their GPS system in wars without repercussions.

Last edited:
As if Iran was relying on GPS. Publicly available amature videos showing ballistic missiles falling on Israeli airbases clearly shows multiple missiles targeting the same location with pin point accuracy.

clearly shows multiple missiles targeting the same location with pin point accuracy.

You mean they intentionally put in targeting coordinates that would miss Israeli airplanes and other critical items into their missiles?

You mean they intentionally put in targeting coordinates that would miss Israeli airplanes and other critical items into their missiles?
if we wanted to send a message and avoid major escalation, yes

I believe that any weapon utilizing a GPS system can be remotely disabled by the creators of GPS technology, particularly if it is perceived as a threat to Western powers. The developers of GPS programs possess the capability to manipulate files swiftly and effectively. Furthermore, GPS systems can provide precise, real-time location information for these weapons.

Recent events involving Israel and the USA highlight the utilization of GPS technology to ascertain the exact location of hostile weapons. However, the decision to publicly disclose this capability to the mainstream media may have been ill-advised. By doing so, they inadvertently revealed a potential weakness in their defense strategy.

Israeli and USA GPS developers have implemented geographical boundaries around their assets, triggering alerts within the system when hostile weapons approach these boundaries. This mechanism operates similarly to how live location sharing works on WhatsApp. Just as friends can track each other's movements and estimated arrival times, GPS systems can detect and pinpoint the location of incoming threats.

In essence, the revelation of this capability underscores the delicate balance between maintaining strategic advantage and inadvertently disclosing vulnerabilities. It serves as a cautionary tale for nations relying heavily on GPS technology in modern warfare.
You cannot remotely disable anything in GPS. It is one way traffic of satellite signals to devices. GPS chip uses satellites positioning for triangulation or more. Most likely they can change the accuracy of signals or disable some satellites to throw things off balance in that region.

That seems to be case.

They hit both north and south guard towards. Swimming pool of base commander. Pretty deliberate to send the message across without causing all out war.

That seems to be case.

They hit both north and south guard towards. Swimming pool of base commander. Pretty deliberate to send the message across without causing all out war.
Iranian were very successful as they were mostly depending on Chinese and Russian system. Iranian engineering tech industry is one of the finest in world . Second being descendent of Persian Empire having centuries of war experience is a big thing… Americans are losing big time in Asia and many Arab leaders will lose likes of United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabian royalties.. Isreali and USA turned off the gps system they thought Iranian will use that. But Iranian came with new ideas.. there were five countries defending Israel. Still Iranian penetrated into the defence system.

That seems to be case.

I agree but system Can find the location of hostile weapons coming towards and can can destroy those weapon by activating system like iron dom... You never know when their developers can create or corrupt the files on program as they manufactured the program

300 missile is a big considerable number, I do recall Hollywood made a movie not long ago called "300" where they made fun of Iranians (persians back than)

But correct me if I am wrong , you can actually use a internal Map/Terrain if the GPS is blocked.

It's not difficult to integrate a internal Navigation Map application
or ask Russia or China for help

Last edited:
300 missile is a big considerable number, I do recall Hollywood made a movie not long ago called "300" where they made fun of Iranians (persians back than)

But correct me if I am wrong , you can actually use a internal Map/Terrain if the GPS is blocked.

It's not difficult to integrate a internal Navigation Map application
or ask Russia or China for help
It wasn't 300 missiles, most of them were piston engine drone. they gave them 3 days notice and it was easy target for planes to pick those slow moving drones...what about those missiles that penetrate Jordanian, Saudi, American, Uk and israeli defnces and hit 3 bases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back