J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

My prediction is that INSHALLAH these pictures will get more frequent plus you would soon see INSHALLAH some prototypes which were never seen before but have been flying for some time now. Like at least 2 to 3 years. And no, I don't have any news. It's my prediction.

Sorry to interrupt again the party, but all we see is maybe a J-31 flying high above a city, most likely SAC!

To conclude from them they are progressing well, production is ramping up, PAF pilots are training on them and we may get them soon (and other similar ridiculous claims you can read all over the social media) can only be wrong! We have seen more and better images of J-20AS twin-seater since years and recently and still it is not ready.

Even more - and IMO there seems to be a pattern - on Pakistani fan-boy's way of concluding: similar to the funny story about whatever fighter Pakistan may get, now about Iraq's (intention to) purchase, JF-17 & Azerbaijan, "PAF will get 80 or more J-10C soon" and here too the J-31-saga there is still nothing!

And if you look on what became of all these previous rumours ... I still won't hold my breath!

Sorry to interrupt again the party, but all we see is maybe a J-31 flying high above a city, most likely SAC!

To conclude from them they are progressing well, production is ramping up, PAF pilots are training on them and we may get them soon (and other similar ridiculous claims you can read all over the social media) can only be wrong! We have seen more and better images of J-20AS twin-seater since years and recently and still it is not ready.

Even more - and IMO there seems to be a pattern - on Pakistani fan-boy's way of concluding: similar to the funny story about whatever fighter Pakistan may get, now about Iraq's (intention to) purchase, JF-17 & Azerbaijan, "PAF will get 80 or more J-10C soon" and here too the J-31-saga there is still nothing!

And if you look on what became of all these previous rumours ... I still won't hold my breath!
It's copium. The country's political, economic, and legal situation has gone to the gutters. You either embrace the grim reality and work to reverse it, or live in fantasies as a way to cope with problems. For some, fantastical J-31 claims are a way to cope.

Some of the members here used to be on forums 20+ years ago, and we (myself included) used to be 12-14 in age. Yet, we never went this far with our wish-lists and stuff. There was more to do in Pakistan in those days (like parks, sports, studies, work, etc).

You corrected me also but also endorsed me. So yes, my point stands if China wants J-31 prototypes hidden from social media and also from pictures getting outside China they can, until they want to show them to the world. So, nobody should be surprised if J-31 prototype 4 and 5 exists and if they are flying for a year or two but no picture of them is out yet but may soon get revealed.

No, we have a pretty clear "image" even if not photos on what's going on there ... surely we don't see everything, but for the J-20 and all previous FC-31/J-35 we got quite credible and reliable info, hints at least always after a new aircraft flew. So to think, here everything is better, more secret and since we nothing but the few confirmed ones, means, there MUST be already 4-5 prototypes flying since years is as ridiculous like concluding "we haven't seen a H-20 prototype and also not a single rumour yet, but since the Chinese are so good at OPSEC, there are surely several ones flying!"

When it comes to China they are dam good at keeping things hidden. Even satellites see those which they keep on open for them to see. When they want to send a message or introduce something. Other wise the pictures you see of prototypes from bases allegedly getting leaked those are no leaks. They are taken by those photographers assigned by Chinese Government and when they give permission they post photos on Chinese social media sights.
Your just speculating anyone can see take pics and videos of J-31 when flying into cities and villages, how can Chinese govt stop people taking pictures/videos of J-31 from cities? And how Chinese govt knows someone took the pictures and videos of J20/J-31 and J35

That's called a conspiracy theory with no logic and base

Won’t believe the before 2026 timeline unless I see it with my own eyes. Even 2030 is optimistic.
Been hearing alot of rumors like a team being scheduled to be sent to aid in conversion/translation of the j-31 HUD and maintenance manuals from chinese. Something similar happened incase of j-10. Or of pilot’s sent for training.
But…. At the end of the day I find them to be just that.. rumors.
Some retired old farts trying to stay relevant.

So your SOME PROTOTYPES have some kind of CLOAKING DEVICE OR they made up from DARK MATTER so they can immune to all ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATIONS even to the NAKED EYE, what kind of these KIND OF YOUR INVISIBLE PROTOTYPES THAT WE CAN'T SEE LOL
Hi,

US has flown its aircraft for years and there were no pictures available---why can't china do the same---?

Can satellite also unable to take a Pic of additional prototypes of J-31 on the ground? And one of the most restricted place on earth US Aera 51 we have a lot of pictures of the base by satellite

It's a export oriented jet Mr not a Top secret project we have the pictures of J20 and J35 from day one these projects are much secret and strategically important to China then compare to J31 project, so your logic is absurd and ridiculous
Hi,

But no pictures of the aircraft they don't want to be seen---.

Welcome to the forum---barley 7 post and you starting to confront members---oh well.

All aircraft are build for national use---till they are allowed for export purposes---.

Security of information is paramount in all cases---be it for local use or for export---. No foreign buyer wants it secrets to be disclosed other than general visual inf0ormation.

Last edited:
Not again ….😩
What happened? Is it not sidebays? Granted, they look a bit small even for short range missiles, but they do look like them.

Forgive me if I'm asking an annoying redundant question, it's been a while since I participated on PDF in any earnest way for the past few months.

Hi,

US has flown its aircraft for years and there were no pictures available---why can't china do the same---?
USA has much less population as compare to China hence it has more empty places compared to China ( remember China is second largest country in the world by population)

Hi,

But no pictures of the aircraft they don't want to be seen---.

Welcome to the forum---barley 7 post and you starting to confront members---.

All aircraft are build for national use---till they are allowed for export purposes---.

Security of information is paramount in all cases---be it for local use or for export---.
Oh bhai I'm white and green with m/s aka current NGAD IS THE BEST which is banned right now this is my new account and this is my real name

When it comes to China they are dam good at keeping things hidden. Even satellites see those which they keep on open for them to see. When they want to send a message or introduce something. Other wise the pictures you see of prototypes from bases allegedly getting leaked those are no leaks. They are taken by those photographers assigned by Chinese Government and when they give permission they post photos on Chinese social media sights.
In any country and in any industry, hiding one's own secrets and obtaining other people's secrets is a very costly thing. Whether or not to protect a secret depends on the cost of protecting it and the cost of divulging it

China does have very strict secrecy measures in the field of military scientific research. Like what:
Chinese reusable spacecraft (similar to the United States X-37B). This thing has been in operation for more than a decade, and every time it is launched and recovered, the official news has a written announcement telling us that this thing does exist. But to this day, we only have one unconfirmed (many suspect fake) old photo.
t0gvgk1o.png

In China, military enthusiasts are no less fanatical than their friends on the PDF. They will use all kinds of legal and illegal methods to obtain information about the PLA and show it off on the Internet.

More than a decade ago, there were many very well-known military online communities in China. Among those who are active here are researchers in military scientific research units and active high-ranking technical officers of the PLA. When they speak, they directly use very professional terminology and data, and some even directly publish the most cutting-edge academic papers. This has led to a number of very serious leaks. Eventually, the Chinese government had to force the closure of these online communities.

However, this did not stop Chinese military enthusiasts.

Now, we usually communicate on some integrated social platform rather than a dedicated military forum. We use special terms that the average Chinese can't understand at all, let alone translate into other languages. We only communicate in these unique coteries, and any information we deem inappropriate for public release will be kept strictly confidential. No one wants to go to prison for the rest of their lives.

======================================

The FC31 is an export fighter, and the SAC has secrecy measures in place for some of its internal designs and data, but there is no need to keep its flight activities secret.

I have been emphasizing: so far only the PLA Navy procures J35, PLAAF does not procure J31. Whether PLAAF will purchase J31 in the future is not certain, and we have not even seen any official news of PLAAF's interest in FC31, all of which are analyses by so-called military experts. The development of the FC31 into three models similar to the F35A/B/C is also reported by the manufacturer.

From a military point of view, the J31 does not fit into the current PLAAF. CAC is already manufacturing J20 on a large scale, and the pulsating production line has greatly reduced the cost of J20. So, why did PLAAF buy the J31? (Except for nominal purchases)

We know that China now uses pulsating production lines for the production of new aircraft. Such a line would produce at very high speeds and significantly reduce costs. But it requires a certain amount to have to have this effect. Otherwise, the high cost of production line construction will not be recovered at all.

At the moment, we know that only PAF is willing enough to buy FC31. However, PAF was unable to support a large fleet of FC31s. With the purchase volume of PAF, it is not enough to support a pulsating production line. If the manufacturing cost will be much higher if the traditional assembly mode is not used for the pulsating production line, can PAF accept a higher price?

Although the J35 was developed from the FC31, they have a lot in common. But the bodies are so different that they can't share a pulsating production line. The demand for the J35 in the PLA Navy is a huge number, enough to support the pulsating production line.

My analysis, this is the current dilemma of FC31.

India presently has only two projects on ground Tejas Mk2 (IAF project), and TEDBF (IN project) AMCA is just on drawing board just like Chinese had J15, J16, J20 at the same time.
Is there any concrete work going on on MK2 and TEDBF? they both are also just on drawing boards right?

In any country and in any industry, hiding one's own secrets and obtaining other people's secrets is a very costly thing. Whether or not to protect a secret depends on the cost of protecting it and the cost of divulging it

China does have very strict secrecy measures in the field of military scientific research. Like what:
Chinese reusable spacecraft (similar to the United States X-37B). This thing has been in operation for more than a decade, and every time it is launched and recovered, the official news has a written announcement telling us that this thing does exist. But to this day, we only have one unconfirmed (many suspect fake) old photo.
View attachment 61321

In China, military enthusiasts are no less fanatical than their friends on the PDF. They will use all kinds of legal and illegal methods to obtain information about the PLA and show it off on the Internet.

More than a decade ago, there were many very well-known military online communities in China. Among those who are active here are researchers in military scientific research units and active high-ranking technical officers of the PLA. When they speak, they directly use very professional terminology and data, and some even directly publish the most cutting-edge academic papers. This has led to a number of very serious leaks. Eventually, the Chinese government had to force the closure of these online communities.

However, this did not stop Chinese military enthusiasts.

Now, we usually communicate on some integrated social platform rather than a dedicated military forum. We use special terms that the average Chinese can't understand at all, let alone translate into other languages. We only communicate in these unique coteries, and any information we deem inappropriate for public release will be kept strictly confidential. No one wants to go to prison for the rest of their lives.

======================================

The FC31 is an export fighter, and the SAC has secrecy measures in place for some of its internal designs and data, but there is no need to keep its flight activities secret.

I have been emphasizing: so far only the PLA Navy procures J35, PLAAF does not procure J31. Whether PLAAF will purchase J31 in the future is not certain, and we have not even seen any official news of PLAAF's interest in FC31, all of which are analyses by so-called military experts. The development of the FC31 into three models similar to the F35A/B/C is also reported by the manufacturer.

From a military point of view, the J31 does not fit into the current PLAAF. CAC is already manufacturing J20 on a large scale, and the pulsating production line has greatly reduced the cost of J20. So, why did PLAAF buy the J31? (Except for nominal purchases)

We know that China now uses pulsating production lines for the production of new aircraft. Such a line would produce at very high speeds and significantly reduce costs. But it requires a certain amount to have to have this effect. Otherwise, the high cost of production line construction will not be recovered at all.

At the moment, we know that only PAF is willing enough to buy FC31. However, PAF was unable to support a large fleet of FC31s. With the purchase volume of PAF, it is not enough to support a pulsating production line. If the manufacturing cost will be much higher if the traditional assembly mode is not used for the pulsating production line, can PAF accept a higher price?

Although the J35 was developed from the FC31, they have a lot in common. But the bodies are so different that they can't share a pulsating production line. The demand for the J35 in the PLA Navy is a huge number, enough to support the pulsating production line.

My analysis, this is the current dilemma of FC31.
Could you shed some light on the key technologies of J-20 that are kept secret and are not incorporated in J-31?

Could you shed some light on the key technologies of J-20 that are kept secret and are not incorporated in J-31?
You ask such a question, you will only get ridicule.

This is not a question that a military enthusiast should ask, nor is it a question he should know.

Usually spies are very keen to know the answers to these questions.

So, are you a spy?

I don't know anything!

You ask such a question, you will only get ridicule.

This is not a question that a military enthusiast should ask, nor is it a question he should know.

Usually spies are very keen to know the answers to these questions.

So, are you a spy?

I don't know anything!
I am not asking for formulation of the RAM or source code of the radar or exact radar cross-section, I was asking if both are using same EOTS, or different, or both are using same RAM or not as I saw somewhere on Indian forum that J-20 has RAM coating backed into the body while on J-31 they spray paint it (not sure if it is true or not),
things like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back