JF-17 PFX program

Zarvan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

On anniversary of Operation Swift Retort and Abhinandan being our guest. PAF has released a video in which they have mentioned a program called JF-17 PFX. Can anyone explain what this program is. They way they were showing the graphics my guess some new 4.5 ++ version of JF-17 like Grippen NG.

Source:
Twitter
Performance Fighter experimental
Payload Flexibility experimental
Prototype Fighter Experimental

PTI Force X?
Sir last wala hua to Army nay PAF hi sari arrest kar laini hai. On serious note my guess at this moment is JF-17 next version which would be similar to Grippen NG.

Sir last wala hua to Army nay PAF hi sari arrest kar laini hai. On serious note my guess at this moment is JF-17 next version which would be similar to Grippen NG.
It is possible - the PAF could be looking for a stop gap to fill in numbers and do a KF-21 type situation with less effort needed.

But even if this is the case it wont go beyond the 3d model to desktop wooden gift much like AZM or NASTP

It is possible - the PAF could be looking for a stop gap to fill in numbers and do a KF-21 type situation with less effort needed.

But even if this is the case it wont go beyond the 3d model to desktop wooden gift much like AZM or NASTP
I think it might because few months back when a NASTP was opened a breifing was being given to Shabaz Shareef in which there was a slide of this program and it showed flags of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, and even Iran. And we recently had a meeting of Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia.

I think it might because few months back when a NASTP was opened a breifing was being given to Shabaz Shareef in which there was a slide of this program and it showed flags of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, and even Iran. And we recently had a meeting of Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia.
Hazrat - the situation on the Saudi side is - if a new development is made, someone from there will leave the meeting immediately and call someone in the west to tell them what was discussed and say “what are you going to do about countering that with an offer for us”.

Much has changed in calculations for them but much has not.

Hazrat - the situation on the Saudi side is - if a new development is made, someone from there will leave the meeting immediately and call someone in the west to tell them what was discussed and say “what are you going to do about countering that with an offer for us”.

Much has changed in calculations for them but much has not.

IMG-20230805-WA0005.jpg

The PAF has almost reinvented itself in the last 5 years despite a bad economy and political instability! It shows how strong the Pak Deep State is! And, how deep its financial resources are!! Tackling hostile enemies in 2 fronts and a wolf under the sheep's skin in another front is no joke.....

I sure hope so. They realize the benefits that can be gained from pushing the design further, especially with a new engine.

I have been thinking about the practical ways the JF-17 design can be improved (for the A2A role) and was thinking about the a couple things. One should be told to PAF privately, but the other should be an obvious one.

Improve the gun. Get an air frame and swap out the current gun for a gun off of one our Mirage 3/5. A better performing gun doesn’t seem like much, but having a decent gun is a low cost improvement that can go a long way.

As for overall improvements, the PAF and PAC Kamra should look towards an improved design that allows the plane to be made in a manned nod unmanned version. A capable unmanned platform, could be marketed to a number of customers looking for a loyal wingman, perhaps even the PLAAF. They may need 1000+ loyal wingman, if the PAC can secure even 5-10% of that kind of business it could a sizable business for them.

The JF-17 is the perfect size to function as a loyal wingman to the J-20

Last edited:

Isnt the j31 supposed to be the stopgap? Or there is something else thats coming and jf pfx is another stopgap?

Hi, in another thread I specifically asked "what is F 10...." no one replied because I m no one.. but 4 examples on an operational base for tests.. the thing is real and working... May be there is new name at production level...

Isnt the j31 supposed to be the stopgap? Or there is something else thats coming and jf pfx is another stopgap?
Hopefully a replacement for the JF-17 Fleet, over the next 15 years, to fill the need for a modern backbone fighter. The first JF-17 airframes are going to have close to 20 years on them soon enough, and swapping out the engine on those older airframes as well as all the other modification work would probably justify a clean sheet design.

Hi, in another thread I specifically asked "what is F 10...." no one replied because I m no one.. but 4 examples on an operational base for tests.. the thing is real and working... May be there is new name at production level...
What F-10?
On operational base for what?

The term J in Chinese means Jian or fighter
So F-10 is a pretty straightforward translation for J-10

The PAF has almost reinvented itself in the last 5 years despite a bad economy and political instability! It shows how strong the Pak Deep State is! And, how deep its financial resources are!! Tackling hostile enemies in 2 fronts and a wolf under the sheep's skin in another front is no joke.....
No sugar coating please. Just respects are enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back