JF-17 PFX program

What experience does this "massive engineering" team have in aviation design of military/high performance jets ??? Where in Pakistan have these "engineers" done anything approaching what is required for the intended goals of the JF17 PFX.
Kya chahta hai phir bhai tu, sirf import karein? Wo to abhi bhi chal raha hai kaam.

Pfx

No oscar I don't work in eco system.
But I know what I see and read
See the link attached on first flight of upgraded thunder it's in Chengdu

The increase on composites improving fbw system are significant structural improvements which pac cannot do
As per agreement with Ali Baba in the earlier post
Its maiden flight was in china not in Pakistan plus it clearly states china have delivered 30 new block threes to Pakistan for x money

I'm not suggesting anything that is made up you just don't have the aero science to go it alone as yet and imo the funds either to set this up
Did you not see any image that has been revealed so Far? There's at least 2 partner countries in the project.

Pakistan has 154 Jf17s, 36 J10cs (16 on order), 75 F16s, all are 4th and 4.5th fighter jets, after 2030s they will order 5th generation planes, mostly likely J10cs orders will increase aswell to 100.
What is the main reason to spend alot of resources on pfx, will the older Jf17s need replacing by 2030s, and more planes are needed to replace 1980s F16s? If that is the case then a large Jf17 type of plane is a good move, paf can induct Chinese and Turkish avionics and weaponary and use the pfx and J10cs to replace all the older Jf17s and F16s, whilst 5th generation in small numbers will give us a good offence.

Pakistan has 154 Jf17s, 36 J10cs (16 on order), 75 F16s, all are 4th and 4.5th fighter jets, after 2030s they will order 5th generation planes, mostly likely J10cs orders will increase aswell to 100.
What is the main reason to spend alot of resources on pfx, will the older Jf17s need replacing by 2030s, and more planes are needed to replace 1980s F16s? If that is the case then a large Jf17 type of plane is a good move, paf can induct Chinese and Turkish avionics and weaponary and use the pfx and J10cs to replace all the older Jf17s and F16s, whilst 5th generation in small numbers will give us a good offence.
By 2030, First Gen jF-17s could become LIFT aircrafts. As I learned, they have a limited upgrade curve.

Pakistan initiated JF-17 work in 1996. They won't be wrong if they'd start PFX on the similar ground with 2030 maturity timeline.

What experience does this "massive engineering" team have in aviation design of military/high performance jets ??? Where in Pakistan have these "engineers" done anything approaching what is required for the intended goals of the JF17 PFX.
This massive team consists of very bright youngsters who don't need to unlearn anything .. . hope you got the drift .

PFX will get the nick ' Giants killer '.... don't waste your time on unknown nitty gritties .

PAF is managing it wisely. We need to give them credit. It is one of the few departments that is actually delivering and doing some good work in Pakistan. The diversification drive has paid dividends. The focus should now be a 5th gen fighter from China and Türkiye.

The J-10C and JF-17 Block2/3 fighters are some good milestones in a very short period of time. PFX would a great bonus. Even if PFX didn't happen, it won't be any loss.

Last edited:
Hi,

Basically a larger JF17---which I had proposed when the original design had come out or supposedly the original JF17 design that was one size larger than the current aircraft---and not thought to be feasible design at that time.

If that happens then basically a 4.5 gen +++ aircraft with many a sensors mounted on it as close to an F-35.
Hi @Deino,

What's there tp laugh at this post---.

You want to start it again---I am game--- .

Hi @Deino,

What's there tp laugh at this post---.

You want to start it again---I am game--- .

It's not about to start again but to refute to illogical stuff:

"Basically a larger JF17" is unlikely, in fact IMO impossible since it makes no sense. Why should Pakistan "a larger JF17"? Better would be one with more local content, better sensors, maybe more Turkish or international content and being able to be produced totally in Pakistan but surely not larger.

Larger is not always better! ;)

Exactly. But sir you are missing it out.
Exactly. But sir you are missing it out.

Attachments

• 20240830_233831~2.jpg
    20240830_233831~2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3

"Basically a larger JF17" is unlikely, in fact IMO impossible since it makes no sense. Why should Pakistan "a larger JF17"? Better would be one with more local content, better sensors, maybe more Turkish or international content and being able to be produced totally in Pakistan but surely not larger.

It is speculated that the PFX would be a jet of small to medium size, larger than the JF-17, which falls into the small category. However, PFX would not be large enough to be definitively classified as medium-sized.

IMO... The best case scenario will be a concept on paper that'll be offered to potential buyers to invest in. However, I don't think the saner minds at AHQ have the stomach to deal with any original fighter development work.

This isn't to say there isn't any interest in developing something...but I suspect there's more interest in UCAVs than crewed jets. UCAVs are cheaper, more disposable, and more scalable (enabling a continual production run rather than one with a cap, like JF-17).

It is speculated that the PFX would be a jet of small to medium size, larger than the JF-17, which falls into the small category. However, PFX would not be large enough to be definitively classified as medium-sized.

I know we are in a forum and almost any idea can be shared but one must be rational and not each and every fancy idea is equally realistic.

So please ask yourself:

- Does Pakistan has the capabilities to "enlarge" the JF-17 to a "medium sized" fighter?
- Does such a type make any sense between the JF-17 and the J-10CE and maybe "soon" J-31?
- can Pakistan afford its development on its own?

IMO all three points can only be answered with a negative reply!

So what all this fuss about a larger JF-17? It's almost as Pakistan wants to repeat the Indian way by enlarging the Tejas Mk.1 to Mk.2! It makes no sense at all.

But hey, I'm just a military analyst and have no clues at all even more so since some think I'm at best an evil spy who only wants anything bad for Pakistan! :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back