Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What are the plans to induct more block 3 thunders
I understand you have only ordered 30
I hear plans for more j10
J31 fifth generation from 2030 onwards latest
So with Pakistan having to think about finances very very carefully
What is going to happen to block three
If you order block three again then there has to be knock on effect of other purchases like j10/j31

Pakistan Space Agency

Apr 22, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
... What is going to happen to block three
If you order block three again then there has to be knock on effect of other purchases like j10/j31
No really. Pakistan has plenty of money for military acquisitions.

This year's Federal Budget of $67 billion announced last week is $17 billion more than last year's $50 billion.

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No really. Pakistan has plenty of money for military acquisitions.

This year's Federal Budget of $67 billion announced last week is $17 billion more than last year's $50 billion.

Where will they find this extra $17billion from ? More loans? ( off topic to this thread - but valid - given the crazyness of the budget ! ).

hussain0216

Elite Member
May 28, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What are the plans to induct more block 3 thunders
I understand you have only ordered 30
I hear plans for more j10
J31 fifth generation from 2030 onwards latest
So with Pakistan having to think about finances very very carefully
What is going to happen to block three

I think for the moment you will get gradual increases in the J10 numbers, which you will see over the next few years

The PGs and Mirages are all headed towards retirement, and I think PAF is satisfied with JF17 numbers for the moment

I personally believe their is truth to the next JF17 project, where Pakistan will seek to increasingly indigenize the project and continue it's development with other partners and a long term strategic link up with Turkey in both development of the project and multiple weapons.

From little bits I'm reading PAF will eventually retire JF17 block 1s, and upgrade block 2s to Block 3 standard giving us about 100 block3s, before the next iteration becomes reality

And PAF will go onto J31 and KAAN

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
1718584976226.png

harpy1

SpeedLimited
Dec 16, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think for the moment you will get gradual increases in the J10 numbers, which you will see over the next few years

The PGs and Mirages are all headed towards retirement, and I think PAF is satisfied with JF17 numbers for the moment

I personally believe their is truth to the next JF17 project, where Pakistan will seek to increasingly indigenize the project and continue it's development with other partners and a long term strategic link up with Turkey in both development of the project and multiple weapons.

From little bits I'm reading PAF will eventually retire JF17 block 1s, and upgrade block 2s to Block 3 standard giving us about 100 block3s, before the next iteration becomes reality

And PAF will go onto J31 and KAAN

So let me get this right
Pakistan is
Buying both j31 and kaan fighters that's two different fighters in fifth gen class

On top of this the are inducting over 100,block three thunders with
,, important upgrades of the thundes

And they will still be designing a new iteration of thunder for the future

Wow. Thats incredible

Especially when you consider you aim to induct more j10

This air force will put firmly as the best in the world bar USA and china on shear technology and five different combat types

Hate to think the cost of maintenance of such a fleet
I won't even ask where the 100 billion is coming from to make it happen

Are you sure about

J31

Kaan

J10

Block three thunders

New version on thunders

That's alot

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So let me get this right
Pakistan is
Buying both j31 and kaan fighters that's two different fighters in fifth gen class

Wow. Thats incredible

This air force will put firmly as the best in the world bar USA and china on shear technology and five different combat types

Are you sure about

J31

Kaan

J10

Block three thunders

New version on thunders

That's alot
The most obvious conclusion would be that its unsustainable and there would be no money.

But then even with no money in the past things kept moving… so where is this moving money coming from if the nation is for all intents and purposes bankrupt?

Wonder why India was so keen on FATF.. was it just terrorism?

hussain0216

Elite Member
May 28, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So let me get this right
Pakistan is

Wow. Thats incredible

Are you sure about

J31

Kaan

J10

Block three thunders

New version on thunders

That's alot

Seems quite reasonable, I'm sure Pakistan has hopes of improving the economy being a nation of 240 million with great scope for development

But Pakistan has always maintained a fleet of about 300-400 fighter's, even today that's what our numbers add up to

So once the PGs and Mirages and later on F16s go they need to be replaced and from various discussions it would seem

J10s - upto 100
JF17 block 3 - PFX - 100 -200 approx

J31 -?
KAAN -?

J31 and KAAN are both different types of stealth fighters, KAAN is much bigger and heavier and has a different mission profile
With Pakistan involved/invited into the KAAn project and J31 development almost complete and offered to Pakistan, Pakistan from the talk will have contingents of both fighters.
Whether that will be 50-50 each, or 80 of one and 30 of the other we don't know

PFX program, I'm not sure if it will radically change the JF17 program but it will I believe gradually increases Pakistans production percentage of the JF17 from the current 60% and the Chinese company will be bought out to give Pakistan total autonomy to work on its own and with it's allies to push the JF17 further and that include development of various air to air and air to ground missiles

In the end Pakistan will maintain that fleet of 300-400 fighters with the JF17s doing the heavy day to day work and everything else primed to hit India

TAC

Jan 11, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So let me get this right
Pakistan is

Wow. Thats incredible

Are you sure about

J31

Kaan

J10

Block three thunders

New version on thunders

That's alot
Yeah ofcourse he’s ‘sure’, he is after all in charge of and running PAF for the next 20 years😂. Maybe little common sense is needed? More J10’s and JF-17 block 3, without doubt based on how quickly PAF needs to replace older types (don’t exactly need congressional approval for that😉), beyond that J31 most likely given recent trends, as for KAAN no harm in keeping an eye on it as a possibility.

HRK

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Sep 24, 2010
KAAN is not a practical option for Pakistan due to American engine, even if Turkey miraculously produced a jet engine within the proposed timeline, maturity of that indigenous Turkish engine, it's maintenance and it's supply line would remain under the shadows of doubt.

Last edited:

MastanKhan

Think Tank
Dec 26, 2005
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The most obvious conclusion would be that its unsustainable and there would be no money.

But then even with no money in the past things kept moving… so where is this moving money coming from if the nation is for all intents and purposes bankrupt?

Wonder why India was so keen on FATF.. was it just terrorism?
Hi,

Maybe we should ask 'Kamran Faridi'.

Users who are viewing this thread