r3alist
Elite Member
@r3alist
So are Americans just lazy slobs who happen to have silicon valley but cannot aspire to work there?
Who said that! Not me for sure. There are many many Americans who are working in top tech jobs in the Valley. I am sure a majority of the tech workers are American citizens. But many of the relatively low paid jobs have gone to Indian immigrants who are working at wages which native Americans are not likely to do.
Do you refuse to empathize or are you unwilling to?
Of course, I empathize. I am just referring to the financial compulsions of the employers.
that no way would Indians entertain ceding many well paid jobs to non Indians in the corporate world
India is one of the poorest countries in the world with low income levels. Where on Earth would you find educated, skilled people willing to emigrate to India to take up corporate jobs?
Regards
It's said the canteen of tech places is as if you were in Bangalore
They are not lowly paid jobs, the hiring company pays an Indian consultancy an amount, the h1b holder gets a cut ....but the actual amount allocated is h1b salary plus margin for the consultancy which would all otherwise go to an American and that would be a good enough wage still, it's a misrepresentation to say lowly paid , thats just how the Indian consultancy pays it's hires
Ahhh look here....I think I have found a value judgement, you mean you say India should protect it's labour market as it's poor
Why wouldn't say Nigerians, Ghanians, Bengalis who might have comparable education, enough English to take some jobs within corporate India, why not?
Are we suddenly territorial on income opportunities






