Last major Arabic-style mosque in China loses its domes

I think you are a victim of propaganda. lol

If religion was banned, there will be no Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Daoists, etc in China today.
Culture Revolution. Of course it will be difficult to erase any religions even after China impose it for some period of times as it is related to human belief system.

What's surprising about this? China does not oppose religion. As long as you are not a government worker or a Communist Party member, no one cares what religion you believe in. But the taboo in China is that foreign ethnic cultures can change local ethnic cultures through Islam. To understand that we are 56 ethnic groups, we have Islam, but we do not have Arab ethnic culture, foreign ethnic culture ➕ Religion can easily disrupt the existing balance in our country, which is something that no Chinese person wants to see. Looking at it from a different perspective, is it Islam that dominates Pakistan with Afghan style? Does Arab style dominate Iran? This kind of change is correct. Islam must be Sinicized, just like Buddhism and communism, which were all Sinicized after entering China

You mean USA?

USA is sending warships to China.

But not a single China warship in USA coast.

USA bombs Iraq, Israel bombs Palestinians, and soon the entire Middle East, Russia, and China.

Scrolling through these comments gives you a disheartening sense of how many Muslims agree with this 😔

What's surprising about this? China does not oppose religion. As long as you are not a government worker or a Communist Party member, no one cares what religion you believe in. But the taboo in China is that foreign ethnic cultures can change local ethnic cultures through Islam. To understand that we are 56 ethnic groups, we have Islam, but we do not have Arab ethnic culture, foreign ethnic culture ➕ Religion can easily disrupt the existing balance in our country, which is something that no Chinese person wants to see. Looking at it from a different perspective, is it Islam that dominates Pakistan with Afghan style? Does Arab style dominate Iran? This kind of change is correct. Islam must be Sinicized, just like Buddhism and communism, which were all Sinicized after entering China

A Muslim regardless of where he is adheres to the faith, the principles that guide us come from the strength of faith

That goes for any Muslim anywhere, across the world

Mosques on of themselves have various forms, you can see different types of mosques across the world

There is no such thing as a sinicized Islam, their is only Islam

China needs to understand needlessly antagonizing it's own Muslim population risking enmity with the wider muslim world helps neither China not the Muslim world

The only saving grace China has is that's it's largely equal in its treatment of its population so whether it's han or other China has been equally brutal

A Muslim regardless of where he is adheres to the faith, the principles that guide us come from the strength of faith

That goes for any Muslim anywhere, across the world

Mosques on of themselves have various forms, you can see different types of mosques across the world

There is no such thing as a sinicized Islam, their is only Islam

China needs to understand needlessly antagonizing it's own Muslim population risking enmity with the wider muslim world helps neither China not the Muslim world

The only saving grace China has is that's it's largely equal in its treatment of its population so whether it's han or other China has been equally brutal
Since Islam is global, why is its architecture constrained by the dome form? We do not have Arab nations, but we also have Chinese people who believe in Islam. Islamic architecture in the Arab world is dome shaped, so our Chinese Islamic architecture must be our own style. Religion is global, but I have never seen a nation that is global

Since Islam is global, why is its architecture constrained by the dome form? We do not have Arab nations, but we also have Chinese people who believe in Islam. Islamic architecture in the Arab world is dome shaped, so our Chinese Islamic architecture must be our own style. Religion is global, but I have never seen a nation that is global

Hey, I get it and their are various kinds of mosques across the world

All I am saying is China needs to be careful,, if the Chinese Muslims start to feel targeted it have needless knock on consequences

Hey, I get it and their are various kinds of mosques across the world

All I am saying is China needs to be careful,, if the Chinese Muslims start to feel targeted it have needless knock on consequences
China knows very well where the boundary lies. Our bottom line has never been to resist religion, but to be replaced by another ethnic culture as a whole, because China is essentially a country with Han ethnic culture as the main focus and diverse cultures of other ethnic groups gathered together. Therefore, China will renovate Islamic buildings with domes, not targeting Islam, but we do not accept the conversion of Hui people into Arab ethnic groups. To be honest.

Mosques in Beijing, Nanjing, and Yangzhou photographed by Western travelers during the Qing Dynasty (1869).
I'm surprised that historically, Chinese mosques never seemed to have domes in the hundreds of years before the founding of the People's Republic of China?
yz1.pngyz2.pngyz3.png

Last edited:
Mosques in Beijing, Nanjing, and Yangzhou photographed by Western travelers during the Qing Dynasty (1869).
I'm surprised that historically, Chinese mosques never seemed to have domes in the hundreds of years before the founding of the People's Republic of China?
View attachment 43443View attachment 43444View attachment 43445
A great photo that illustrates history very well. The reason why China has been able to accept multiple religions and continues to this day is that our culture is our lifeline. Chinese people who believe in Islam/Chinese people who believe in Christianity/Chinese people who believe in Buddhism

China knows very well where the boundary lies. Our bottom line has never been to resist religion, but to be replaced by another ethnic culture as a whole, because China is essentially a country with Han ethnic culture as the main focus and diverse cultures of other ethnic groups gathered together. Therefore, China will renovate Islamic buildings with domes, not targeting Islam, but we do not accept the conversion of Hui people into Arab ethnic groups. To be honest.

But at the same time those hui ethnic groups can't be Han

The hui ethnic groups have widely accepted Islam as have uighurs and other groups within China, they have their own ethnic and religious nuisances, they literally are not Han people, so you can't expect them to act like han

I believe you when you say China is trying to encourage a Chinese integrated sort of Islam, but it's a dangerous path

And once again Han themselves have suffered over the years with the Communist parties plans and views and programs and so have other religious groups from Buddhists to Christians and that saves China because it's kind of equal to its population in behavior

But at the same time those hui ethnic groups can't be Han

The hui ethnic groups have widely accepted Islam as have uighurs and other groups within China, they have their own ethnic and religious nuisances, they literally are not Han people, so you can't expect them to act like han

I believe you when you say China is trying to encourage a Chinese integrated sort of Islam, but it's a dangerous path

And once again Han themselves have suffered over the years with the Communist parties plans and views and programs and so have other religious groups from Buddhists to Christians and that saves China because it's kind of equal to its population in behavior
The Hui people believe in Islam, and they also have their own ethnic costumes, but we do not want it to become an Arab nation. Just like some of us have a strong belief in communism, but they won't become Germans. China was formed by the combination of local culture and various religions/ideologies (including foreign communism). When its local culture is also replaced by another ethnic group, there will be no more China in the world. The Islamic Church has always existed in China and has devout believers because there are believers around me. The same goes for China. That's why the last dynasty in China was founded by the Manchu people, but in the end, they integrated into China

Whilst it is true the oldest Chinese mosques did have Chinese architecture as they were Hui dominated, an ethnic group very similar to the majority Han.
That being said there was no need for this and it is simply antagonistic, something which has become the norm under Xi.
Anyway it has stayed as a mosque and worshipers go there in droves.

Last edited:

Non-religious people just make their political beliefs into a religion. They even have leaders and a messianic zeal. They become zealous and icono clas tic. So look in the mirror before you question someone elses strongly held beliefs. You are no better in your belief friend.

Last edited:
Non-religious people just make their political beliefs into a religion. They even have leaders and a messianic zeal. They become zealous and icono clas tic. So look in the mirror before you question someone elses strongly held beliefs. You are no better my god less communists $$ lover friend.
Sir, as far as China is concerned, transforming the dome into a Chinese style mosque is still essentially a mosque. Just changing the Arabic style to Chinese style. This is the difference between me and you. There are many countries in the world, and everyone has different perspectives. I will look at myself in the mirror. I don't want our own country to become Arab style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back