Made in India: Military Weapons & Support Systems

Awacs Indian DRDO netra two
Hello everyone, new here, Hope you or anyone else answers my question about why is India not pursuing the E-7 Wedgetail design, it looks better than the current Netra and provides 360 coverage, I hope I am posting in the right place, if not please let me know

There was a time our artillery was so obsolete due to no procurement of new artillery by any government coz every government had a fear in mind after boforce scandle...... we are today very deadly in artillery coz of new items like M777 and homemade Kalyani artillery...... I am always in favor of homemade but i feel for some time we need another addition of Ceasar heavy artillery too...... that's just monster......

There was a time our artillery was so obsolete due to no procurement of new artillery by any government coz every government had a fear in mind after boforce scandle......
Our doctrine is different from the PLA.
IA primarily uses IFG/LFG to supress advancing infantry and to provide quick fire support to mountain troops, it is very light and can be lifted by the exisiting Mi17V5 and Dhruv helicopters of the indian aviation forces. These guns can be disassembled in pieces and transported in secrecy to locations without letting the enemy know about it. 105mm is not obsolete as many claim. US army, italian army, british army, korean army all still use 105mm in various roles. These guns have a good history of raining punishing fire on pakistan army during ceasefire violations
View attachment 18328

Any new developments on India's fire and forget ATGMS?

Adani Defence To Kick-Start Production Next Month

LUCKNOW: Spread across around 499 acres (202 hectares) in Saadh area of Kanpur district along Ramaipur-Jahanabad road, Adani Defence and Aerospace (ADA), an integrated ammunition manufacturing facility, will kick-start production of arms, ammunition, rocket and artillery shells from March.

Adani Group’s Carroballista Systems Limited (CSL) would manufacture around a dozen types of guns with the Israeli firm Elbit System Israel, while Agneya Systems Limited (ASL) would manufacture 40 types of ammunition and rocket systems with Armaco JSCO, a Bulgarian firm.

Back in 2022, Uttar Pradesh Industrial Development Authority (UPIDA) had inked memorandum of understanding (MoU) with several firms, including ADA, to develop Kanpur as South Asia’s largest manufacturing facility for arms and ammunition, following which Adani Defence System and Technologies Limited (ADSTL) had acquired 202 hectares of land, and is developing four manufacturing units with state-of-the-art technology to build small and medium calibre ammunition, along with short-range air defence missiles.

“It will be a key facilitator in India’s goal of achieving US$5.0 billion exports in defence manufacturing,” said Ashish Rajvanshi, chairperson and CEO of ADA. In total, the ADA will invest Rs 2,100 crore and is expected to generate over 1,500 jobs in Kanpur.

According to the deputy commissioner, industries, Kanpur, the CSL will manufacture 300 units of gun system per year for 155 mm calibre to 200 mm calibre, on the five acres of land provided on lease by ADSTL. “The CSL has claimed to generate 1,000 jobs indirectly from their unit,” said Sudhir Kumar Srivastava, deputy commissioner, industries, Kanpur.

Further, the arms manufacturing licence of ASL and ADSTL revealed that every year the group will also manufacture 50,000 units each of bi-modular charge system (BMCS) for artillery guns, anti-aircraft movable rocket, 155mm smoke projectiles, 155 mm artillery shells, mortars (81, 84 and 120 mm), 5 lakh hand grenades, 4 lakh piece of 40mm rocket propelled grenade and other varied calibre of armour-piercing, high-explosive anti-tank ammunition, and different types of demolition charges.

“From March, one of the units of ADA will start manufacturing ammunition and further on their production speed will gradually increase,” said Sirvastava.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back