Made in Pakistan Night Vision Devices

You’re probably right. depending on the manufacturer these numbers could be completely different. I was looking at the higher end American made NVGs, likely the kind left for the ANA, but considering the videos show Gen 2 tubes breaking down at 400/800 hours, it’s likely the lives of the tubes are 1000 hours max.
On top of that the technology proliferation and availability of decent commercial products basically means old/damaged units can get replaced, both NV and thermal.

On top of that the technology proliferation and availability of decent commercial products basically means old/damaged units can get replaced, both NV and thermal.
Your right. Many countries sell it now but for most international consumers, there are export controls for the highest end equipment.

It will come back to how these are employed, by individuals and whole units (defensively to guard a point or offensively to find an adversary), that will make the difference.

As panzerkiel said in older forum PA procured large batches of Polish Mono NVGs and Chinese Mono NVGs, the polish ones we subsequently saw in use with troops on LOC.
The PN also procured batch of 200 NVGs goggles last year for Marines, the PAF probably got some fresh batches too but i only saw tender for 25 IR Thermal sights by PAF this year.

Additionally pretty much every small border post under PA/FC has 1 IR Thermal now. Even the small Punjab Police outpost attacked this week had 2 Thermal PTZ Cameras and 1 Tarsier Mid range thermal sight mounted on AK.
Question, how is it a nation with a military industrial comlex can’t produce NVG on its own? I know for a fact some US/NATO stock NVG made their way into the hands of the Army/ISI in the last 20 years and could be easily reserve engineer.

Does this makes sense to anyone? Is there not a high tech factories producing equipment for the military instead importing it from countries? Even the average soldier photo I see looks ill equipped.

Question, how is it a nation with a military industrial comlex can’t produce NVG on its own? I know for a fact some US/NATO stock NVG made their way into the hands of the Army/ISI in the last 20 years and could be easily reserve engineer.

Does this makes sense to anyone? Is there not a high tech factories producing equipment for the military instead importing it from countries? Even the average soldier photo I see looks ill equipped.
Do you have any mental issues ? Did you not see the title of the thread or the first post on which thread was started !!!

You’re probably right. depending on the manufacturer these numbers could be completely different. I was looking at the higher end American made NVGs, likely the kind left for the ANA, but considering the videos show Gen 2 tubes breaking down at 400/800 hours, it’s likely the lives of the tubes are 1000 hours max.

Can the tubes be replaced, or is it a once it's finished the entire unit is useless

Do you have any mental issues ? Did you not see the title of the thread or the first post on which thread was started !!!
The real deal would be if are we also manufacturing the tube for NVG and FPA core for thermals.

When the talibs NVGs, left by America for the old ANA, run out of their useful life, and Pakistan makes these NVGs more common place, the PA will own the night.

US has provided 2.7 BILLION USD aid to Taliban

Other countries also are doing so

Did you see the Afghan parade a few days ago and their Hardware

Do you?

Every other comments here including yours is discussing purchasing Polish and Chinese NVGs to be distribute throughout the army.

A title doesn’t mean anything given how much dubious information regularly gets posted here by the members.

If Pakistan was producing its own, why the need to procure them from China and Poland?

@Musings @Waz @Oscar since yall been giving me warnings and limiting my speed AND putting me a watchlist of some sort for making personal attacks, think this guy deserves one too for claiming I have mental issues.
When the talibs NVGs, left by America for the old ANA, run out of their useful life, and Pakistan makes these NVGs more common place, the PA will own the night.

As panzerkiel said in older forum PA procured large batches of Polish Mono NVGs and Chinese Mono NVGs, the polish ones we subsequently saw in use with troops on LOC.
The PN also procured batch of 200 NVGs goggles last year for Marines, the PAF probably got some fresh batches too but i only saw tender for 25 IR Thermal sights by PAF this year.

Additionally pretty much every small border post under PA/FC has 1 IR Thermal now. Even the small Punjab Police outpost attacked this week had 2 Thermal PTZ Cameras and 1 Tarsier Mid range thermal sight mounted on AK.

US has provided 2.7 BILLION USD aid to Taliban

Other countries also are doing so

Did you see the Afghan parade a few days ago and their Hardware
Is this regularly or a one time thing back in 2021?

They don’t have to turn on the equipment to show it works during a parade. These NVGs have a limited lifespan. Once used up, unless the afghans are getting resupply, they will lose the capabilities.

The real deal would be if are we also manufacturing the tube for NVG and FPA core for thermals.
I suspect, if we are showing it publicly, we can produce everything shown, in house. I also hope we have thermal tubes with these IR NODs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back