Morocco to acquire Israeli spy satellite worth $1 bln- mediaBy Reuters

This pretty much sums up the current state of Ummah.

So Morocco will pay baby killers $1B so that they can spy on them. You couldn't make this up!

This is a typical act of political contribution and is not worth discussing.

A country like Morocco does not have any capacity to use spy satellites. Even if it were given it for free, it would not use it. The act of purchasing a spy satellite is just a sign of its support for Israel, and it is not convenient for it to make political contributions directly to Israel.

It is just that we do not know whether Morocco paid this political contribution voluntarily or was forced to pay it.

Modern version of paying tribute.

Any idea why Morocco is such a wuss for Israel?

Morocco is currently behaving erratically because it is also part of the Abraham Accords. Whatever Morocco does with regards to Israel has the blessing of Gulf countries.

Morocco also has beef with Algeria over Western Sahara Desert. Western Sahara gives Morocco strategic depth. Morocco is constantly seeking recognition from Western powers. By the way, Spain, France and the US are among the countries that have already acknowledged Moroccan claim over Western Sahara Desert.

The Americans have a lot of interest in Morocco. They have been providing weapons to Morrocco. By the way, quite a sizeable Jewish community lives in Morocco. The right hand of the Moroccan king is Jewish: André Azoulay - Wikipedia

One more thing, Algeria behaves even more erratically and also seeks recognition from Western powers. Algeria still has a French colonial hangover.

Now you understand why Morocco is behaving the way it is.

Last edited:
This is a typical act of political contribution and is not worth discussing.

A country like Morocco does not have any capacity to use spy satellites. Even if it were given it for free, it would not use it. The act of purchasing a spy satellite is just a sign of its support for Israel, and it is not convenient for it to make political contributions directly to Israel.

It is just that we do not know whether Morocco paid this political contribution voluntarily or was forced to pay it.
Morocco is replacing 2 french spy satellites it was operating for years..

The new reconnaissance spacecrafts will replace the two remaining in orbit, the 1,110-kilogram Mohammed VI-A and Mohammed VI-B, which were positioned at 620 kilometres and launched in November 2017 and 2018, respectively. Costing around €500 million, with a resolution of 70 centimeters and based on the Pleiades platform, both were manufactured by the consortium formed by Airbus Defence and Space France and Thales Alenia Space France.

The Israeli OptSat-3000. Weighing some 370 kilos and positioned at an altitude of between 475 and 500 kilometres, they offer a resolution of 40 centimeters, as well as geolocation of positions on the ground.

Two intelligence gathering satellites will be built..

1725884347055.jpeg

The spacecraft offer location accuracy and high quality imagery. The satellite is adept at capturing optical data for military and civil applications and, in combo with the ground segment capabilities and advanced data processing, can delivery accurate, multi-level data with impressive speed.

The main point in this deal.. is TOT

Where do you get your information..or is it speculation from your your own mind!?

Morocco is replacing 2 french spy satellites it was operating for years..

Where do you get your information..or is it speculation from your your own mind!?
It's a different cognitive difference.

In Chinese perception: only when you are in a situation where you are completely out of anyone's control, we consider is it 100% your own. That is, you can use these facilities independently without relying on anyone. No one else can know what you are communicating or control your communication devices. (This does not include attacks in a state of war)
There are a number of countries around the world that have direct satellite communications capabilities, but they certainly do not include Morocco.
It's like: we don't think countries like Japan and South Korea really own the F35 for the same reason.
It's a difference in perception. Maybe the wording is different.

An example:
I paid for a fountain pen.
Every time I write, I need to ask permission from the person who sold me the pen ...........
He knows every word I write with this fountain pen ...........
I need to ask him for permission when I need to add ink ...........
Excuse me: is this fountain pen still mine?

Last edited:
It's a different cognitive difference.

In Chinese perception: only when you are in a situation where you are completely out of anyone's control, we consider is it 100% your own. That is, you can use these facilities independently without relying on anyone. No one else can know what you are communicating or control your communication devices. (This does not include attacks in a state of war)
There are a number of countries around the world that have direct satellite communications capabilities, but they certainly do not include Morocco.
It's like: we don't think countries like Japan and South Korea really own the F35 for the same reason.
It's a difference in perception. Maybe the wording is different.

An example:
I paid for a fountain pen.
Every time I write, I need to ask permission from the person who sold me the pen ...........
He knows every word I write with this fountain pen ...........
I need to ask him for permission when I need to add ink ...........
Excuse me: is this fountain pen still mine?
The other perception is you buy the fountain pen..and you need ink cartridge replacement from time to time..

Morocco has an independent satellite control room/center.. a small one but very sophisticated..That is the pen.. the ink is the satellites.. when their time is finished you need new ones..only this time.. they come with ToT.. meaning more independence in the future!

The other perception is you buy the fountain pen..and you need ink cartridge replacement from time to time..

Morocco has an independent satellite control room/center.. a small one but very sophisticated..That is the pen.. the ink is the satellites.. when their time is finished you need new ones..only this time.. they come with ToT.. meaning more independence in the future!
From the point of view of the Chinese nationalists: they would like to see more and more countries becoming independent and no longer under the control of certain countries.
From the point of view of human development: we would like to see Morocco's scientific and technological development and progress.

So, of course, we would like to see Morocco have complete and independent satellite control and communication capabilities. Even if Morocco does not have the capacity to manufacture and launch satellites, we would like to see it at least have full control over these spy satellites.

But calm analysis: we need to understand that control of a spy satellite is not a simple matter. Perhaps Morocco can communicate directly with satellites, just as we can now communicate directly with satellites using cell phones.
But is the content of these communications entirely within Morocco's control and not secretly known to other countries?
Do other countries use these spy satellites directly without Morocco's knowledge or permission?
When these spy satellites need to be reorbited urgently, do they need to turn to other countries?
Are these satellite control centers under the absolute control of Morocco?

Let us consider the above questions in the light of the following: What are the conditions required to fulfill these requirements? Does Morocco possess these conditions?

I guess the machine translation is going to be wrong again with these words .............

OK. it's hard to describe it accurately because of the language and culture. This controversy is not important, so let's leave it at that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back