NVIDIA discussion thread

Get Ya Wig Split

Feb 21, 2017

Nvidia Sales Reach New Heights as Company Forecasts Bigger AI Boom

The chip maker at the heart of the artificial-intelligence craze has had a record run, nearing $2 trillion valuation

1708555867567.png

Nvidia’s quarterly sales tripled from a year ago, surpassing Wall Street’s heightened expectations, and the company indicated momentum from the artificial-intelligence boom remains strong.

The chip company that underpins almost all of the world’s most advanced AI systems said it made $22.1 billion of revenue in its last fiscal quarter, higher than analyst forecasts of around $20.4 billion. Net profit was $12.29 billion, compared with $1.41 billion a year earlier.

Nvidia also forecast around $24 billion of sales for its current quarter, ahead of Wall Street expectations in a FactSet survey.

The company’s shares were flat in after-hours trading. The stock has more than tripled over the past year.

Nvidia has been the primary financial beneficiary of the AI wave so far, as big tech companies like
Microsoft , Google and Apple place large bets on the technology and need Nvidia’s hardware to drive them. In addition to ChatGPT, a number of other popular AI products have started to hit the market in recent months, including digital assistants for coding and business from Microsoft.

Nvidia has transformed itself in the space of three years from a company focused on chips that help videogames run faster to the red-hot center of an AI boom that has propelled it to a valuation near $2 trillion. The stock’s run made Nvidia the U.S.’s third-most-valuable listed company earlier this month before losing ground in the past two days. Only Microsoft and Apple were worth more.

1708556102521.png

Hamartia Antidote

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
another great quarter....I am so pi%@$$ed that I sold $200 ago !

I sold back somewhere in the dot.com bust for a $38K loss. I thought it would be the next Apple..but year after year it did nothing. You really have to be in it for the LONG haul.

Get Ya Wig Split

Feb 21, 2017

$1400?? That's practically a 4 trillion market cap

Time is money so I'm moving fast
getting duffle bag money no black mask

Hamartia Antidote

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nvidia will be worth half a trillion within three years because there are some major surprises coming from competitors.

People have been saying that since 1999. Can you bucket this with the numerous "Country X will collapse this year", "Tesla is a scam and will never turn a profit", and the "ISS will be retired by 2024" threads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread