Opinion: Future governance system of Bangladesh

I am a lot smarter than you. You write like an idiot. you behave like a moron and your comments and analysis are of the lowest quality and something a normal person would be ashamed of. But someone of your quality obviously has no shame or sense. You even pretend to talk like an American 'my bad'.

Try to be original but you are incapable of that and nothing more than a repetitive donkey whose best response is a haha emoji.

Hmm...looks like I hit a nerve. Truth hurts. But you don't have to spill your insecurity like that. Just don't insult others first if you have a thin skin.

because I know Asif Nazrul, Adilur Rahman Khan AG Asaduzzaman and several others personally and they are just American lackeys who care nothing for the country and in that is the actual weakness in the CG.

So, your being 'original' and lot smarter than me is to claim that, Asif Nazrul (probably the second most important person in government given his position and task with reform, and perhaps the most trusted by the students after professor Yunus) is an American Lackey?

Usually, there is not much quality in throwing random accusations.

Only 2 terms please.
Fine...
1. Democratic system must be implemented within each political party as well, including 2 term limits to hold the chairmanship of the said political party.
Agreed 👍
2. After 2 term limits, there must be 2 term ban for all of his/her close and extended family members from holding chairmanship of the party.
One term would be nice...
3. 2 term limits to become president or PM or MP and then a 2 term limit ban for their close and extended family members from becoming President or PM, MP.
I don't think this is required.
4. Anti-foreign interference law to be created with provisions for server punishment including death penalty for those BDeshis who would collude with foreign powers to influence elections or any policy making of the state. There should be an independent authority to monitor foreign interference.
Agreed 👍.
More:

1. All treaties with any foreign state must be published before they become effective. All such treatise must be reviewed against anti-foreign interference law by multiple independent authorities and all must endorse them.

2. All treaties must be reviewed and ensured that they were not against BD national interest, then endorsed by multiple independent authorities and all must endorse them.
If we become Semi Presidential Republic, then parliament have to ratify every treaty signed by the president to come into effect. It is up to the MPs to keep the president inline. This is why I asked to keep MPs pure lawmakers without any admin role.
More:

There must be a separate independent authority to monitor the justice system. Judges must be answerable.
Parliament should have the right to question Judges. And Chief Justice should be nominated by the president and appointed by the Parliament with majority vote.

If we become Semi Presidential Republic, then parliament have to ratify every treaty signed by the president to come into effect. It is up to the MPs to keep the president inline. This is why I asked to keep MPs pure lawmakers without any admin role.

Parliament should have the right to question Judges. And Chief Justice should be nominated by the president and appointed by the Parliament with majority vote.

These two are already there in some form but not being implemented. So need something new.

These two are already there in some form but not being implemented. So need something new.
But under our 3rd class modification of Westminster type parliamentary system without checks and balances. Under semi presidential system things should be different. Assuming we do give too much power to the President or the PM.

But under our 3rd class modification of Westminster type parliamentary system without checks and balances. Under semi presidential system things should be different. Assuming we do give too much power to the President or the PM.

It should not be the MPs only at least, MPs are attached to political parties. There should be other authorities who are totally independent.

Why not put a presidential system once and for all? This way, people from grassroots level can have a representation.

I have read Dr. Shashi Tharoor's book (titled: 'An Era of Darkness') where he says that the current parliamentary system does not suit India's needs which is why he advocates for a presidential system. There were many important details like the tendency for clinging onto power among others. I cannot help but think this similarly applies to Bangladesh.

Another point:
Any politician who has previously or currently engaged in violence should be banned and cancelled.

We must have an environment where ideas and opinions can be exchanged, discussed, challenged and come to a decision from an authority for the betterment of the nation.

And finally, institutions must be strong, independent and their officials accountable. This is a vital pillar for democracy.

I have doubts that the CG is sincere about reforms and appears incapable of doing it ... Everyone is praising Yunus but I am not sure why. He seems to heave lost control of the situation with an alternate power centre in the CG actually running things and doing it very badly. Frustration is already growing in the country with the BNP becoming impatient ...

Is BNP a solution? Pitted against who? AL? Goodness, no. This would open a can of worms.

Also, an interim government cannot create or pass laws. They can however pass ordinances. This is one limitation they have.

It has been three weeks since the interim government was formed. The problems and grievances left behind due to 15 years of rule will not be solved in a matter of days. Give it time.

Now is high time to create political parties and insert new blood into the existing ones. Let us take our time. I am not sure about AL though.

It should not be the MPs only at least, MPs are attached to political parties. There should be other authorities who are totally independent.
If we become Semi Presidential Republic, then only the president and MPs will have people's mandate. In a democracy you can't give any decision making power to any unelected authority. Even the justice system is under the Parliament...

I wanted to ask Bangladeshis living in the West , whether they really think they will be Able to Influence Anything going on inside their country

Because Right now it is a Complete Power Struggle going on , with many players and vested interests at work

Living in Bangladesh I do not think those living outside will have much of an influence on events in the country. Things are moving too fast and according to a different logic with chaos again appearing to take over and the CG having little control and moving too tentatively and there is little that those outside can do about it

Why not put a presidential system once and for all? This way, people from grassroots level can have a representation.

I have read Dr. Shashi Tharoor's book (titled: 'An Era of Darkness') where he says that the current parliamentary system does not suit India's needs which is why he advocates for a presidential system. There were many important details like the tendency for clinging onto power among others. I cannot help but think this similarly applies to Bangladesh.

Another point:
Any politician who has previously or currently engaged in violence should be banned and cancelled.

We must have an environment where ideas and opinions can be exchanged, discussed, challenged and come to a decision from an authority for the betterment of the nation.

And finally, institutions must be strong, independent and their officials accountable. This is a vital pillar for democracy.

Presidential system is great until a scoundrel gets elected

Presidential system is great until a scoundrel gets elected

I would say that is a result of a poor quality democracy while not prioritizing the well-being of the general people. Trump is a consequence of that.

I would say that is a result of a poor quality democracy while not prioritizing the well-being of the general people. Trump is a consequence of that.

people always get who they deserve

1)Two terms for PM/Presidents
2) Two terms for MPs.
3) PM or Presidents immediate family will be ineligible by default following inauguration or completion or terms.

Im favoring Prothom Bangladesh Amar Sesh Bangladesh. Current one is garbage...

A while back, in the old PDF, I proposed a 2030 plan (obviously wanted Hasina to stay until 2030):

1. New presidential system and PR based parliament.

2. Changing the name of Bangladesh to “Sultanate of Bangladesh”.

3. Adopting the Mughal era flag as the current one is awful because it conveys victimhood.

4. New national anthem that regales the Mughal era glory.

5. English as the official language to stop illiterates from assuming public office. And to align the quality of Bangladeshi civil service with that of India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

@UKBengali @Joe Shearer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back