Pakistan Air Force Transport

We only had 4, they performed their roles really well, we raised a CN235 specific sqn too, I guess the small fleet was deemed too expensive in terms of overhaul and maintenance.

Can be many reasons.

We found cheap used C-130s from Aus and Belgium which increased fleet to 24 odd planes
CN-235 has narrow body, not much outsize cargo you can fit
As we bought many spare SAAB 2000s to support Erieye fleet, then CN-235 fleet redundent

Our 235s were from IPTN Indonesia, there were always problem with spares and after sale support. The economies of scale weren’t there to set up overhaul shops for four planes. I am just curious, where they might end up. Maybe with the Navy

PAF never wanted the ZDK3. They were forced upon it by Musharraf. Very high operating costs.

Same thing with the Mirages, they have become too maintenance heavy with limited effectiveness.

Not that I am privy to inside information, it seems PAF did a good analysis of operating cost versus effectiveness/utility. Keeping a lower number of more capable aircrafts rather than simply more numbers might be more effective. A good move away from older approach of keeping a certain minimum number of combat aircraft irrespective of capabilities.

Last edited:
This ac is old...operational cost must be high.....should retired.
Could have been acquired along the mirages

This is the D20 (Dassault Falcon 20; Falcon 20F). PAF EW sqdn (blinders) are currently deployed on these aircrafts.

This is the D20 (Dassault Falcon 20; Falcon 20F). PAF EW sqdn (blinders) are currently deployed on these aircrafts.
I know thst but this one seems to be used as a transport unless its an old pic....I am sure PAF can retire this as well as its seems ti be consolidating its assets.

img_17-4_26.jpg
Special markings on the Pakistan Air Force C-130E

Correct me if I'm wrong, the current fleet C130 fleet is 16 + 7 = 23 Aircrafts (07 ex-Belgium)?

@Fatman17, as per your above shared data we should have 19 C130s in fleet other than ex-Belgium 07 aircrafts.
Have you accounted for attrition cases

Yup.... the count is on active duty fleet.
My information is that at least 3-4 Belgian C-130s will be used for spares.

My information is that at least 3-4 Belgian C-130s will be used for spares.

You have asked the same question in Pakistan Air Force discussion thread & I replied you in details (post # 59) with unit numbers ...

Please note...

PAF signed the agreement for all 12 aircraft from Belgium, 4 out of the 7 were recently integrated into the fleet and would all be on active service. The remaining 5 will be used as spares.

www.key.aero

Another ex-Belgian C-130H ready for delivery to Pakistan

Another former Belgian Air Force-operated Lockheed C-130H Hercules tactical transport has been readied for transfer to the Pakistan Air Force and was recently spotted at Melsbroek Air Base – which is co-located at Brussels Airport and home to the 15th Air Transport Wing – awaiting delivery to...
www.key.aero
www.key.aero

"Seven of these remaining aircraft were sold with spare parts, propellers, engines and ground support equipment to a consortium consisting of SABENA Aerospace and Blue Aerospace".

Below is the list ...

BAF serial CH-04, PAF-4467
CH-01 (4455)
CH-05 (4470)
CH-07 (4476)
CH-09 (4479)
CH-11 (4482)
CH-12 (4483)

That's wt they said about the aus, Lebanese n the Libyan mirages.....but all of them were/are flying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back