Pakistan Engine Development

Oh, of course! Turkey, which needs Pakistan’s help to develop fighter jets, is being compared to India's aviation industry?

I already explained this, scroll up, its not a "need" as in Turkey can't do it. But something Turkey CHOSE to do, to speed up the development process, they have wind tunnels, Turkey's wind tunnels are already dedicated to other projects, so Turkey asked Pakistan for some additional tests on their tunnel.

I already explained this, scroll up, its not a "need" as in Turkey can't do it. But something Turkey CHOSE to do, to speed up the development process, they have wind tunnels, Turkey's wind tunnels are already dedicated to other projects, so Turkey asked Pakistan for some additional tests on their tunnel.

It's also a political/strategic interests choice

Both countries are tying up various projects etc and the reason is to create a long lasting foundation and in future if one country is attacked you have a products base in a allied country that can continue support and supplies

A country that needs Pakistan's help to develop fighter jets should be the last to mock India's aviation industry—Pakistan doesn't even produce a motorcycle, let alone a fighter jet.

Look buddy, you don't seem to know too much about Defense things, as seen by your B-52 UAV claim, something that your own countryman found embarrassing. lol, so I don't know how much I can do to convince you of this, but asking someone for help with something doesn't necessarily mean that you can't do it yourself. Turkey produced many parts of the F-35, and its not b/c the US is not capable of doing it, but that it found it to be convenient. Some testing and collection of data was outsourced to save time and money.

Every single piece of the KAAN is produced in Turkey, except for the ejection seat and the engine.

Look buddy, you don't seem to know too much about Defense things, as seen by your B-52 UAV claim, something that your own countryman found embarrassing. lol, so I don't know how much I can do to convince you of this, but asking someone for help with something doesn't necessarily mean that you can't do it yourself. Turkey produced many parts of the F-35, and its not b/c the US is not capable of doing it, but that it found it to be convenient. Some testing and collection of data was outsourced to save time and money.

Every single piece of the KAAN is produced in Turkey, except for the ejection seat and the engine.
I mistakenly confused the Northrop Grumman Global Hawk drone with the B-52 bomber, but my point still stands—Turkey’s aero engine program is at least 30 years behind India. India has been testing Kaveri engine prototypes for the last 25 years, while Turkey hasn’t even started.

I mistakenly confused the Northrop Grumman Global Hawk drone with the B-52 bomber, but my point still stands—Turkey’s aero engine program is at least 30 years behind India. India has been testing Kaveri engine prototypes for the last 25 years, while Turkey hasn’t even started.
So proud of the quarter of a century that the Kaveri has been in development, so is it being used on the LCA it was intended for after all that time and money spent on it? Next you’ll beating your chest about how many decades the LCA has been in development.

So proud of the quarter of a century that the Kaveri has been in development, so is it being used on the LCA it was intended for after all that time and money spent on it? Next you’ll beating your chest about how many decades the LCA has been in development.
The question isn’t whether the Kaveri engine can power Tejas or not—the question is how can Turkey be considered to have a more advanced aero engine program when they don’t even have a prototype engine yet, something India achieved back in 1995.

Listen, you really don't know what you are talking about.

The TS1400 is flying on helicopters and is getting ready for mass production, whereas the indian equivalent HAL HTSE-1200 is nowhere close to production.

Similarly in all likelihood we will see the TF6000 in production far earlier than the HAL HTFE-25.

India launching an engine program and failing in it with the engine being too heavy, not enough thrust or as durable does not mean its somehow "30 years ahead".

Last edited:
the question is how can Turkey be considered to have a more advanced aero engine program when they don’t even have a prototype engine yet, something India achieved back in 1995.

Prototype in what class? of course Turkey has turbofans, you need to be more specific.

Turkey has the TF6000, and the TF10000 The Engine thats being developed is the TF35000. These are different classes of engines. The Kaveri if you want to compare is somewhere between the TF10000 and the TF35000 in terms of Thrust.

India failed with the Kaveri engine, and is going back to the drawing board with more humble ambitions of developing the HAL HTFE-25 which produces about 5000-5600lbf thrust.

Thus far when we look at Turkish engine development they have met the timelines for their projects and up to spec. India has not done that yet. Infact India is notorious for project delays in all of the things it develops, I can't remember a single defense development project that wasn't delayed. lol

1726099953275.png

@Mods.. People are debating over Indian & Turkish engine development in a thread about Pakistani engine development. Time to close the thread I guess.

Prototype in what class? of course Turkey has turbofans, you need to be more specific.

Turkey has the TF6000, and the TF10000 The Engine thats being developed is the TF35000. These are different classes of engines. The Kaveri if you want to compare is somewhere between the TF10000 and the TF35000 in terms of Thrust.

India failed with the Kaveri engine, and is going back to the drawing board with more humble ambitions of developing the HAL HTFE-25 which produces about 5000-5600lbf thrust.

Thus far when we look at Turkish engine development they have met the timelines for their projects and up to spec. India has not done that yet. Infact India is notorious for project delays in all of the things it develops, I can't remember a single defense development project that wasn't delayed. lol

View attachment 64427
Turkey’s defense industry might like to flaunt achievements, but let’s be real: it’s far from the self-reliant powerhouse some claim it to be. Sure, they’ve got the TF6000 and TF10000 engines, but those are largely prototypes. Neither of these engines have been fully integrated into operational platforms yet. The TF35000 engine, which Turkey is hyping, is still in its development stage, and there's no evidence of it being anywhere near testing or production. To compare that to India's Kaveri is missing the point. While Kaveri didn’t meet its original fighter jet ambitions, the tech is being repurposed for UAV applications like the Ghatak stealth drone program. The Kaveri engine's evolution is tangible—it’s heading toward actual use, not just a "vision." https://defencepk.com/forums/threads/gtre-kaveri-80-kn-engine-new-engine-or-rebirth.2306/

Turkey’s defense sector still leans heavily on external support. Take the Altay tank program—what happened when Germany stopped exporting engines? The entire project stalled. This isn't a one-off issue; their T129 ATAK helicopter also faced grounding due to export issues with American engines. Turkey has a habit of talking big, but when sanctions or foreign dependency come into play, the projects fall apart. You can’t call a defense industry advanced if it relies on others for critical components. Even with the engine development, Turkey needed Rolls-Royce and General Electric just to move forward with the TF-X project. This dependency undermines the whole argument about timelines or supposed success.

Let’s talk about real achievements. Turkey likes to boast about timelines, but when it comes to actual, successful inductions, India has a solid track record, especially with its helicopter programs developed by HAL. Take the ALH Dhruv for instance—this helicopter is a game-changer. It’s not just another prototype but a fully operational platform that has been successfully inducted into the Indian Armed Forces. Over 400 units have been delivered to various branches, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. The Dhruv isn’t just sitting pretty in a hangar somewhere; it’s deployed in high-altitude operations, disaster relief missions, and maritime roles.

Let’s get technical for a moment: The Dhruv’s advanced Shakti engine (co-developed with Safran) ensures it performs reliably even in challenging environments like the Siachen Glacier at altitudes above 20,000 feet. Turkey has made some drones and helicopters, but nothing that operates consistently at such extreme altitudes. Plus, the Rudra variant of the Dhruv brings a whole new dimension, with attack capabilities that include a 20mm turret gun, rocket pods, and ATGMs. Rudra is already operational and has been performing exceptionally well in military operations and during the 2020 standoff with China.

And if we’re talking about versatility, India’s Light Utility Helicopter has also been designed to replace the aging fleet of Cheetah and Chetak helicopters. The LUH has been successfully tested in high-altitude regions like Siachen, where it proved its capability in extreme conditions. HAL has not only designed and produced these helicopters but has done so with indigenous technology, ensuring that India doesn’t have to depend on foreign components or approvals.

India's success in helicopter development goes beyond flashy prototypes or media hype. HAL’s helicopters are in the hands of soldiers, operating in the harshest conditions imaginable. India’s platforms are battle-tested, inducted, and operational—making a real impact where it matters most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back