Pakistan manufacturing any Wheeled (6x6 or 8x8) APC????

Samurai

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Indian firm TATA has recently been awarded a contract to manufacture 150 WhAP armored vehicles for Morocco.

"The WhAP 8x8 (Wheeled Armoured Platform) is India’s First Amphibious Infantry Combat Vehicle (Wheeled), designed for optimised survivability, all-terrain performance and increased lethality"

WhAP 1.jpg WhAP 2.jpg

WhAP APC is India's version of US Stryker. So my question to the community here is, why haven't we seen any developments of wheeled APC by HIT or any Pakistani defence firm yet. At this point, I think HIT is quite capable enough to manufacture one if it can manufacture V4/Haider Tanks. We know that HIT is already manufacturing its tracked IFV Viper (status still unknown) which is also state of the art to modern standards. However, making a full portfolio of defence products of almost every sector and type must be the aim for Pakistan defence industry to thrive. On the plus side, HIT (or any other firm) can market its Wheeled APC through GIDS on the internal forum.

If there are already any Wheeled APC projects being manufactured by Pakistan defence firms that I don't know, please do share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back