• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Rafale M Deal: India and France to Fast-Track Negotiations After Elections

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
With this many Rafales being bought, the total cost of acquisition would surpass the $100 billion mark. India must ensure a complete transfer of technology before signing the deal for 114 Rafales.
No way its going to surpass 100 billions.....

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
With this many Rafales being bought, the total cost of acquisition would surpass the $100 billion mark. India must ensure a complete transfer of technology before signing the deal for 114 Rafales.

Not again ... oh well, we pay so much, so we have the right, NO, we demand "a complete transfer of technology"! That's how business goes, how India is again being milked doe to its own incompetence in delaying important decisions. And as I said so often: Accept it or leave it!

But France will never ever give "a complete transfer of technology" to India.
Dream on!

JaneBhiDoYaaron

Jul 15, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This part you are wrong about

If India attacks krachi or gwader and will.attavk both it will come from carrier groups and the Indian air force

Quite simply a combined force of over 150 planes both navy and airforce drones helicopters and Mari time planes would overwhelm Pakistan

They don't have enough air assets to protect their airspace and coastline
Something has to give.

Staying on shore lane your are tracked easily and I fia. Can pick and choose it moments

A moving fleet is so much harder to detect and engage

Your sea lanes out side of 400km will be blocked

Rafales carry 600km range scalp cruise missiles they can cause serious damage to your small surface fleet

Yes eight new hangor if you get them.are massive threat but your economy is so bad I highly doubt this happening
I just heard your annual defense budget was some 7 billion dollars ..no offence that's getting you nothing
Just minor correction Pakistan army has lot of other avenues for income so 7 billion might be all for acquisitions and not payrolls or pensions. Our Pakistani friends can correct me if I am wrong.

harpy1

SpeedLimited
Dec 16, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Just minor correction Pakistan army has lot of other avenues for income so 7 billion might be all for acquisitions and not payrolls or pensions. Our Pakistani friends can correct me if I am wrong.

You cannot maintain a army of over six hundred thousand men and their basic equipment needs and air force no matter how old 400 fighters of five or six types on 7 billion dollars
It's near impossible now matter how many corners you cross

Either the budget is double what they tell us in which case the rest of the country like education infrastructure development healthcare debt servicing suffers X
Or
The bulk of the armed forces are redundant and mostly ineffective due to no service rations fuel and ammo missiles for real deployment
Ie bulk of army stays at home or barracks and half the fighters and ships never start up
You simply can't operate that huge military on such a tiny sum of money

panzerfaust 3

SpeedLimited
Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well, again that's what I heard too.

It's hard to believe and all joking aside, that actually seems to be the plan because there is no other solution. I had an interesting conversation with an Indian analyst in February and he confirmed all of these points to me. There is no solution and the problem is deliberately being hushed up and suppressed because it doesn't fit the political picture.
Yeah yeah
Thanks for the concern

India is not china , that's what you need to know !
Nobody can hush / shush anything anymore because it may or may not fit the political picture

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Yeah yeah
Thanks for the concern

India is not china , that's what you need to know !
Nobody can hush / shush anything anymore because it may or may not fit the political picture

Come on ... I know China is not peace on earth and far from perfect, but at least China is not constantly bragging around with wild claims, endless fantasies and wet dreams, the just do their work and the - just like with the latest KJ-700 AEW - they reveal it without much fanfare. Yes for sure, it si not an open society nor a democracy.

But as long as India only is on paper a democracy - its ruling and party system at all is not really democratic - and as long as it does not change anything on its system at all, nothing will change. As such, only since India calls itself an open society or even democracy does not mean it is an open society or does not have its own dark secrets, no-one in the public should know.

Or why this?

DDG-80

Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Come on ... I know China is not peace on earth and far from perfect, but at least China is not constantly bragging around with wild claims, endless fantasies and wet dreams, the just do their work and the - just like with the latest KJ-700 AEW - they reveal it without much fanfare. Yes for sure, it si not an open society nor a democracy.

But as long as India only is on paper a democracy - its ruling and party system at all is not really democratic - and as long as it does not change anything on its system at all, nothing will change. As such, only since India calls itself an open society or even democracy does not mean it is an open society or does not have its own dark secrets, no-one in the public should know.

Or why this?

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
100B$ ?? even with 40-50 years of lifecycle cost it wont cross 300M$/Jet.

JaneBhiDoYaaron

Jul 15, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

But as long as India only is on paper a democracy - its ruling and party system at all is not really democratic - and as long as it does not change anything on its system at all, IT’S nothing will change. As such, only since India calls itself an open society or even democracy does not mean it is an open society or does not have its own dark secrets, no-one in the public should know.

Or why this?

Just FYI twitters thread is BS ain’t no Indian general is billones in USD.

DDG-80

Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think that user is half Pakistani, he hates India more than some Pakistani members 😂. No sane guy would trust ISPR source without double checking somewhere else.
Just see how our enemies spread disinformation against our country and countrymen, and how proactively they are doing it periodically. And what exactly are we doing to counter it? Nothing. Zero, null, and void.

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Just see how our enemies spread disinformation against our country and countrymen, and how proactively they are doing it periodically. And what exactly are we doing to counter it? Nothing. Zero, null, and void.
India is not to be blamed here. There are Pakistani comments debunking that ISPR stooge handle on twitter, but our German-Pakistani did not bother to go through the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts