Rafale M Deal: India and France to Fast-Track Negotiations After Elections

A 7-year-old article? That says everything about your credibility.

Article from last year. Let me know when you want the beating to stop

"During Aero India 2017, it was reported that DRDO has begun work on developing a Kilo-class submarine launched version of the torpedo."

Interestingly, all the six Scorpene submarines built for India do not have the main weapon— heavy-weight torpedoes. They are currently using a Russian-made torpedo that has been given a life extension

Interestingly, all the six Scorpene submarines built for India do not have the main weapon— heavy-weight torpedoes. They are currently using a Russian-made torpedo that has been given a life extension

Ah, I stand corrected, they use out of date torpedos. Thanks for confirming.

PN Agosta has AIP and uses DM2A4 Torpedos, and there are Indian jokers here boating about Scorpene over A 90B. Tells you everything....

This post shows very little knowledge of Sub warfare. During crisis subs may need to be submerged and on patrol for long periods. Subs with no AIP have to snorkel during this period as often as very few days, presenting themselves as targets. subs with AIP can stay submerged for weeks. That means a pn sub can stay off the coast of West Bengal for weeks and not have to snorkel. Can you understand this?

Main issues with Scorpene, and maybe a reason IN has chosen not to order more is as follows, and unlike you and other Indian posters, I will post the below with supporting evidence and FACTs.

1) Secrets of this sub have been leaked already

"The leak of more than 22,000 pages exposes secrets about the combat capabilities of Scorpene-class vessels."

2) This sub still has no torpedos, it literally cannot fight other subs

"as the nation’s state-of-the-art Scorpene submarines sit idle without their integral assortment of heavyweight torpedoes."

3) PN assets have forced Scorpene subs to surface on more then one occasion

"According to reports, a Pakistan Navy maritime patrol aircraft observed a submarine on October 16 2021. The accompanying video shows two masts of a submarine. Analysis of the footage suggests that it is a Scorpène class submarine. "

4) No AOP. DRDO AIP will not be in the first Scorpene for 6-7 years

" If the contract is signed by the end of this year, the first AIP-equipped submarine is expected to join the Indian Navy by 2030-31. "

View attachment 49372
You're beating the shadows.....

It's really surprising to learn how super intelligent and clever Bharatis can miss on the basic stuffs of the subs like AIP, heavy torpedoes etc.! Even the Turkish STM 500 mini subs are designed to have them from indigenous sources....

@Pingle @vkdindian @Guru Dutt @MirageBlue @kaku @Raj-Hindustani @harpy1 @JaneBhiDoYaaron @Circadian Rhythm @panzerfaust 3
Great news... now hope the deal is signed this year only....

36 airforce plus 26 naval total 62 rafales not a bad number....

Now hope airforce gets the deal done for 48 F5s and close the matter for once and all.....

Great news guys 😃 can't wait to see 20 plus of on Vikrant carrier alongside 10 mh 60 romeo helicopters X..will look stunning and menacing

I am also desperate for India to ink the deal for Rafale F5 with french wingman drones

For me this is the perfect bridge to fifth generation war fighting techniques until 2040 when either Amca comes on board or dare I say we sign for European sixth generation fighter ie Tempest or FCAV

Which I hear is Indian fall back plan

Would love to see Air Rafales numbers approaching 100 in total

Great news guys 😃 can't wait to see 20 plus of on Vikrant carrier alongside 10 mh 60 romeo helicopters X..will look stunning and menacing

I am also desperate for India to ink the deal for Rafale F5 with french wingman drones

For me this is the perfect bridge to fifth generation war fighting techniques until 2040 when either Amca comes on board or dare I say we sign for European sixth generation fighter ie Tempest or FCAV

Which I hear is Indian fall back plan

Would love to see Air Rafales numbers approaching 100 in total
Only 20 Marines on Vikrant? I think number is 26.... when do expect this deal to be signed? This year or next?
F5s will be a great deterrence no doubt.... Airforce now should rush....

This is why the next batch of 114 Rafales should come with Indian avionics, particularly an Indian radar and Mission computer.

Great news... now hope the deal is signed this year only....

36 airforce plus 26 naval total 62 rafales not a bad number....

Now hope airforce gets the deal done for 48 F5s and close the matter for once and all.....
The deal will be signed within this FY.

But if I'm not mistaken the issue with the too small lifts and hangar doors are still not solved?

No , we are going to leave them on the deck
😆😆😂

Well, again that's what I heard too.

It's hard to believe and all joking aside, that actually seems to be the plan because there is no other solution. I had an interesting conversation with an Indian analyst in February and he confirmed all of these points to me. There is no solution and the problem is deliberately being hushed up and suppressed because it doesn't fit the political picture.

But if I'm not mistaken the issue with the too small lifts and hangar doors are still not solved?
I had heard that Rafale in some particular angle can easily fit on our lift.... there is no issue.... but we have to wait till these jets start arriving.... I do not think Indian nave will make such kind of mistake.... if it was the case they would have surely gone ahead with Super Hornets with foldable wings....

With this many Rafales being bought, the total cost of acquisition would surpass the $100 billion mark. India must ensure a complete transfer of technology before signing the deal for 114 Rafales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back