Rafale M Deal: India and France to Fast-Track Negotiations After Elections

IAF with 126 Mirage 2000-5 now, even without Rafale, would have been far stronger. So I don't agree with you about a non strategic decision.
Add that with the full line in India it would have been possible to export some more units (with french agreement).
And with the M53 engine, a first gen of AMCA more easy to have.
So a good decision not taken.

Why do you always want Dassault to milk its customers? No one force Egypt, UAE, Greece, India etc... to purchase gen after gen french fighters. If you purchase Dassault fighters it is because they are potent and offer a good quality to cost ratio. If not go to russian (already tryed) or american solution (good but delivered with a dual key system !)
I won't blame Dassault for doing what is best for them, good on them for trying and if they are not then its gross derelictions of their duties.

Now coming to milking its customers, don't think there is any other way to put across, when you are flogging a soon to be discontinued product to some poor country to make money using consulting fees, selling tools for production process and extra charges further integrations.

I’ll say it again, nothing wrong with it as they were looking after French jobs at DA, Snecma and Thales. Just to provide further context, production line transfer is as vague as it comes, engine, radar and other high-end items would have been still shipped from France. In other words, apart from local production of fuselage, everything else would have still came from France.

Also, I’ll never a use milking word for Rafale sales does not matter how expensive they are as it’s state of art product in French arsenal and actively making it better for foreseeable future and not discontinuing it short term, as was the case for M2000.

Don’t think France give a crap to India and vice versa, and everyone looks after their own self-interests. I’m glad someone in Indian government had the foresight to see what is coming.

Have a good one.

Don't give small heart attacks to Indian Fan boys ;)
He is confusing the initial versions of the UTTAM AESA radar, which were developed around 16 years ago, with the modern versions. The new UTTAM AESA radar is GaN-based, and the versions that will be integrated into the Tejas MK1A, MK2, AMCA, TEDBF, Su-30MKI, and MiG-29 are all GaN-based as well.

that GaA verssion came out in 2009 right now they are testing its GaN verssion called Virupaksha
OK. But from a prototyp to a serially produce radar, long is the road !

You can 'hand made' produce a small lot of GaN T/R modules for a proto, but not for serial one (because of the cost).
The french decided on a financial basis (and not technical one) to use GaN in Spectra first, because it needs less modules.
But Radar antenna is onother beast and we decided to wait a price cut before to go (and the greater range GaN antenna needs also more processing power, needed another architecture. So a GaN antenna with the actual RBE2 processing power is not clever).

production line transfer is as vague as it comes, engine, radar and other high-end items would have been still shipped from France. In other words, apart from local production of fuselage, everything else would have still came from France.
I'm not sure.
All can be discussed, specially with french.
The assembly line, but also the engine line, radar line, etc... have been scrapped.... So I'm sure that if India really wanted it all, it was in the interest of all.
But the Tejas was on the horizon, with Kaveri.... and India top brass, probably poorly advised by HAL, DRDO, etc... decided to put all the eggs in the Tejas basket.

He is confusing the initial versions of the UTTAM AESA radar, which were developed around 16 years ago, with the modern versions. The new UTTAM AESA radar is GaN-based, and the versions that will be integrated into the Tejas MK1A, MK2, AMCA, TEDBF, Su-30MKI, and MiG-29 are all GaN-based as well.
will be integrated.
With the indian time black hole, it is highly difficult to traduce this "will be" in a serious entry date.
So so far it is a prototyp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back