New Wave of Refugees from Myanmar to Bangladesh

Junta is losing control all over the place. At the moment the resistance controls approximately 385.000 km2, that's around 57% of the entire country

A more generalized version of the situation in Myanmar, dividing the different faction up into NUG and its allies, the 3BHA, and neutral or ceasefire factions.1726261008012.png

The junta will most likely lose all the Shan state if uwsa decides to enter the conflict.

we cannot let these fools into our country... please don't repeat the same bs hasina did

I think Bangladesh needs to evolve an effective and multifaceted strategy to deal with the issue. It cannot be solved merely by having ‘ramped up vigilance at its border with Myanmar’.

By blocking or denying entry of the refugees, Bangladesh is depriving itself of a useful leverage. Normally refugees are one of the most effective assets in the defense policy of a state. You know what it means?

Second, Bangladesh needs to launch a diplomatic offensive against the oppression of Burma’s Muslims. It should constructively engage China, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Malysia to bring diplomatic pressure of the military junta of Myanmar. It should be much more active at the UN platforms and, with the help of friendly and sympathetic states, bring resolutions against the genocide of the Muslim minority in Myanmar.

Lastly, Bangladesh needs to actively support the Muslim fighters with training, logistics, intelligence, and moral assistance. Bangladesh needs to help them in creating the right perception in the world to counter the indifference currently being shown by the international community at large.

China's policy is no internal interference in another country

I think Bangladesh needs to evolve an effective and multifaceted strategy to deal with the issue. It cannot be solved merely by having ‘ramped up vigilance at its border with Myanmar’.

By blocking or denying entry of the refugees, Bangladesh is depriving itself of a useful leverage. Normally refugees are one of the most effective assets in the defense policy of a state. You know what it means?

Second, Bangladesh needs to launch a diplomatic offensive against the oppression of Burma’s Muslims. It should constructively engage China, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Malysia to bring diplomatic pressure of the military junta of Myanmar. It should be much more active at the UN platforms and, with the help of friendly and sympathetic states, bring resolutions against the genocide of the Muslim minority in Myanmar.

Lastly, Bangladesh needs to actively support the Muslim fighters with training, logistics, intelligence, and moral assistance. Bangladesh needs to help them in creating the right perception in the world to counter the indifference currently being shown by the international community at large.

Here's the problem: One of your neighbors has been having serious problems in his family. So much so, things start being thrown out of their house and land on your backyard damaging your stuff. This has been going on unchanged for the past 50 years. Is it a problem? Yes, of-course it is.

That country had always been in a state perpetual of war for the past half a century. It is not just Muslims, there are many ethnic groups in that country fighting for the right of self determination. Even amongst Muslims, they fall under various ethnic groups of Myanmar. It is a diverse country.

If help is to be provided, help should be provided to the various resistance groups fighting against the junta. I have read mere city girls becoming hardened soldiers overnight with some even KIA. I have met dozens of Burmese long-term refugees during my stay in Thailand who surprisingly pay taxes over there.

A peaceful and orderly Myanmar will be in the best interests of Bangladesh given it is interested in joining ASEAN.

I hope the CA or the upcoming coalition government will take the issue of Myanmar seriously. This is a neighbor which seriously needs all the help it can get.

BD should welcome them and if BD can't handle them, they can be given safe passage to other nations like Pakistan. India would happily aid in giving them passage. Brotherhood is good.

Brotherhood is good.

What is their policy on Rohingya Muslims, I understand the current Junta were supporting the extremists who committed genocide against the Rohingya people. Rohingya needs someone to rise who wants peace and safety of all citizens, not sectarian extremists.

What is their policy on Rohingya Muslims, I understand the current Junta were supporting the extremists who committed genocide against the Rohingya people. Rohingya needs someone to rise who wants peace and safety of all citizens, not sectarian extremists.

While the current government does not encourage Rohingya refugees to seek shelter in Bangladesh, they will not stop them from coming in the case of facing violent persecution by the Arakan Army.

The Arakan Army is largely in control of Rakhine state instead of the Junta. They are a ruthless and well-armed ethno-nationalist force.

While the current government does not encourage Rohingya refugees to seek shelter in Bangladesh, they will not stop them from coming in the case of facing violent persecution by the Arakan Army.

The Arakan Army is largely in control of Rakhine state instead of the Junta. They are a ruthless and well-armed ethno-nationalist force.

Thanks, Arakan Army is part of the Three Brotherhood Alliance so not good news for the Rohingya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back