Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

a downed russian “hightech” drone
parts are clued together with door closing mechanism and black tape
the russians appear running out of western and Chinese parts.

Eine Drohne mit Klebeband und Türscharnieren: Die Ukraine schoss bei einem russischen Drohnen-Angriff ein unbekanntes Modell ab.

Eine Drohne mit Klebeband und Türscharnieren: Die Ukraine schoss bei einem russischen Drohnen-Angriff ein unbekanntes Modell ab. © Fotomontage Telegram/@Generaloberst

A russian assault on Donetsk front ends in disaster. 13 from 17 tanks and armor vehicles are destroyed by Ukraine artillery, drones, land mines.

The new normal
Ukraine attacking Moscow

French television LCI (it covers the war every day).
How war boosts Russia economy or economy of the deaths.
Putin, the Nicolas with big money coffers, throws money on the invasion arny..
High sign-off bonus, high salary multiple times of average wages in Russia
100,000 euro bonus if killed in combat
(parents can buy things, or chinese cars they never dream of).

( @Mr X - For the admins - i am finding that i dont see this thread on the main page on "Defense News" or "Latest Post" when i login ??! Anyone else seeing this ? ). So i have not been able to follow this thread unless i find it manually and when i do find it - it is not from where i left off the last time i viewed the thread - so i am missing alot of updates.

even when yommie is posting away - the thread does appaer on the main pages update botter for latest news or latest posts..
I will check but it should appear in the Latest Posts tab

Entire Lugansk in Russian Control, Donetsk soon is gonna come under Russian Control. The main objective of "liberating Donbass" is soon gonna be reality. Sad to see Ukrainians becoming the sacrificial lamb.
What's next after Donbass?
If the ukranian government does not surrender as per russian wishes then in the longer run the russians will probably attempt to capture the odesa coast. This will allow russia to reach transnistria as well. A dangerous move but one which sides with Russian narrative.
But before possible odesa adventure in 2 yrs or so time... alot needs to be done at donetsk/luhansk and zaporhizhia/kherson areas.
If russia advances to odesa, then Ukraine with 6/7 oblast lost (Donetsk, luhansk, Kherson, zaporhizhia, kharkiv, and partly regions of Dnipro, mykolaiv and odesa), will be a toothless country. The mining, agriculture and manufacturing industry will be wiped to a major extent and the non availability of a coastline will kill or atleast make any future development in Ukraine very difficult. It will always need Russian support or goodwill.

If the ukranian government does not surrender as per russian wishes then in the longer run the russians will probably attempt to capture the odesa coast. This will allow russia to reach transnistria as well. A dangerous move but one which sides with Russian narrative.
But before possible odesa adventure in 2 yrs or so time... alot needs to be done at donetsk/luhansk and zaporhizhia/kherson areas.
If russia advances to odesa, then Ukraine with 6/7 oblast lost (Donetsk, luhansk, Kherson, zaporhizhia, kharkiv, and partly regions of Dnipro, mykolaiv and odesa), will be a toothless country. The mining, agriculture and manufacturing industry will be wiped to a major extent and the non availability of a coastline will kill or atleast make any future development in Ukraine very difficult. It will always need Russian support or goodwill.
After Donbass, next is Kharkiv, Ukrainians themselves have established a second front on the North, I don't think Russians would do anything much in the South before stabilizing the Northern Front.

On 1 September, China will introduce a ban on the export of goods and components for UAVs, which will affect their quantity and cost.

This was stated by the commander of an aerial reconnaissance group of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the call sign "Magyar", Censor.NET reports.

"Everyone involved in the use of drones should prepare for a new test. And it will be disproportionate to the temporary shortages of ammunition. At least from time to time, our partners supply them (ammunition, not drones). This will not be the case with drones. They will be expensive and scarce. And a couple of dozen new millionaires will appear. Of different ‘suits.’ I believe that the restriction described below will be one of the components of ‘shrinking’ us at the negotiating table. And not on parity terms at all. We are talking about the next wave of export restrictions from China," he said.

Magyar reminded that a month ago, the Chinese government announced restrictions on the export of a number of UAV-related goods from the country starting from 1 September.

"Starting from 1 September 2024, exports from China will be subject to even stricter inspections. The goods subject to the ban will not be available for air and sea delivery," the commander added.

Thus, according to Magyar, the following goods will no longer be accepted for transport from September 2024:

Carbon frame for a quadcopter;
Carbon beam for a quadcopter;
Quadcopter;
Motor for a quadcopter;
A set of components for a quadcopter;
A set of frames for quadcopters;
Navigation camera for a quadcopter;
Flight controller for a quadcopter;
Landing gear for a quadcopter;
Propeller for a quadcopter;
Frame for a quadcopter;
Signal amplifier for the remote control of the quadcopter;