Sea Sultan Long-Range MPA | Updates & Discussion

One of the sickest paint jobs I have ever seen. If I ever become rich enough to buy a private jet like the Lineage 1000, I would like a similar paint job on the nose.

It will be paint back to original PN standards prior inducting into service...

This livery may be used for an airshow as a launch product for Leonardo, as previously posted (below).

Perhaps this is a livery for Leonardo to use as a product presentation in an upcoming airshow before it is given to the customer (PN)

Three aircraft were previously acquired and are presently undergoing conversion.

▪️ Embraer E190-1000 Lineage [ex- B-3203]
▪️ Embraer E190-1000 Lineage [A6-HHS]
▪️ Embraer E190-1000 Lineage [M-AKKU]

But fingers crossed to get the specified ten aircrafts.

Lets hope so - the meagre budget has been eating away so the conversion gets done instead of them ending up in the usual VIP transport.

View attachment 5863

The 1st conversion of 5yr age Brazil Embraer Lineage 1000 South ChinaAir VIP Platform into PN Sea Sultan LRMPA. Serial #19000453 Reg B3203 No. 28 MS SqnLeonardo-Paramount MRO. Seaspray Radar Internal weapons bay Rotary magazine
I think the picture and description are sus.

The aircraft in question is an Embraer E190-E2, not a Lineage 1000E. It isn't a problem in itself (because the E2 and Lineage 1000Es are fundamentally the same), but it's not among the aircraft the PN bought for the Sea Sultan program.

Lets hope so - the meagre budget has been eating away so the conversion gets done instead of them ending up in the usual VIP transport.
Ideally, we'd buy the know-how transfer to carry out the modification work in Pakistan. That way, the PN can get this work done locally (save a bit more) and incrementally, e.g., batches of 2-4 planes at a time.

At least these three previously acquired aircraft won't be used for VIP purpose because they are all either in the process of undergoing conversions or have already finished.

Furthermore, there are no recent indications of any further units being purchased.

VIP transport isnt a bad thing btw. The first plane is being used for just that while the other two are being converted. How else do you train flight crews and give them hours without flying planes?

VIP transport isnt a bad thing btw. The first plane is being used for just that while the other two are being converted. How else do you train flight crews and give them hours without flying planes?
Its when it gets stuck doing nothing but that when the problem comes in.

Its when it gets stuck doing nothing but that when the problem comes in.
what else is it going to do? Once again- VIP transport kills two birds with one stone, instead of dedicated training flights- combine both.

That's why I still hope for that PAF Bombardier Global Express 6000-based EA/ECM aircraft.

That's why I still hope for that PAF Bombardier Global Express 6000-based EA/ECM aircraft.
it does make sense, realistically, SAAB is still offering globaleye to Pakistan, logically the next step for the PAF will be globaleye(hopefully lol) so it would be nice to get that commonality

it does make sense, realistically, SAAB is still offering globaleye to Pakistan, logically the next step for the PAF will be globaleye(hopefully lol) so it would be nice to get that commonality
Brazil just upgraded their first older AEW&C with the Erieye-ER. So, besides net-new AEW&C, I would keep an eye on upgrades too. It's something that can sneak under the radar, so to speak.

Brazil just upgraded their first older AEW&C with the Erieye-ER. So, besides net-new AEW&C, I would keep an eye on upgrades too. It's something that can sneak under the radar, so to speak.

Previous reports from 2021 stated that the PAF was thinking about accepting the SAAB's offer to enhance Erieyes to global-eye standards and increase the number to 12.

Is the latest aircraft (number 08) inducted is Global-eye?

Why is India not investing to increase aewcs density vis a vis Pakistan or China or both ??? There is something we don't know.

Previous reports from 2021 stated that the PAF was thinking about accepting the SAAB's offer to enhance Erieyes to global-eye standards and increase the number to 12.

Is the latest aircraft (number 08) inducted is Global-eye?
12 is a huge number especially for a country like Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back