• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Shehbaz Sharif and Vladimir Putin meet in Astana, discuss expansion of Pakistan-Russia ties

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Why would Pakistan buy Russian oil to save $100 million and risk a $3 billion IMF loan ? Would it make sense ?

Volume matters. For all practical reasons most of the discounts went to China & India
This is moronic, first you were why would Russia sell, now you are why would Pakistan buy.

You know if you need to flex for India all the time you just sound insecure.

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
He is just desperate to have Pakistan in his USA camp. He just won't say it out loud like his pathetic leaders. Why else would an American/Indian literally beg on a daily basis to Pakistanis to view China and Russia as villains?

You are free to call Russia/China as friends. When the begging bowl time arrives we all know who is going to be asked for pennies and bread crumps

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This is moronic, first you were why would Russia sell, now you are why would Pakistan buy.

You know if you need to flex for India all the time you just sound insecure.

The first question is: Did Russia offer the discount Pakistan in the first place ? You realize Russians are stuck with tens of billions of dollars in Indian currency. Why would anyone want to be stuck with Pakistani currency ? The second question is: Whether Pakistan has the finances to make use of the offer ?

If a $1500 iPhone is being offered for $500 and I do not have $500 in my pocket what good is the discount ?

The questions being asked are very simple and fundamental.

HAIDER

Think Tank
May 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
All I noticed, when Putin look at Shahbaz face , he control his laugh....

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The first question is: Did Russia offer the discount Pakistan in the first place ? The second question is: Whether Pakistan has the finances to make use of the offer ?

If a $1500 iPhone is being offered for $500 and I do not have $500 in my pocket what good is the discount ?

The questions being asked are very simple and fundamental.

New goalposts, let's make it about a discount as if we re in a communal phone market where favourite caste get a discount, moron.

Russia at that time would have welcomed any buyer just to prove their lack of isolation, the agreements on finance would get worked out in the ways they could

Keep imagining your communal phone shop played out in life

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
New goalposts, let's make it about a discount as if we re in a communal phone market where favourite caste get a discount, moron.

Russia at that time would have welcomed any buyer just to prove their lack of isolation, the agreements on finance would get worked out in the ways they could

Keep imagining your communal phone shop played out in life

These are the facts: China and India made tens of billions in discounts on purchases of Russian oil. Pakistan did not. Let me know if you disagree here. Otherwise there is no point in continuing the whole discussions.

We are arguing about the reasons why Pakistan did not make it. I gave plausible reasons why it did not happen for Pakistan. I am not saying I am even correct.

You have not stated why Pakistan chose not to make billions in discounts on Russian oil purchases

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
These are the facts: China and India made tens of billions in discounts on purchases of Russian oil. Pakistan did not. Let me know if you disagree here. Otherwise there is no point in continuing the whole discussions.

We are arguing about the reasons why Pakistan did not make it. I gave plausible reasons why it did not happen for Pakistan. I am not saying I am even correct.

You have not stated why Pakistan chose not to make billions in discounts on Russian oil purchases

If you don't buy any you don't get a discount, stoooopid.

You keep spamming this thread with India, insecure.

Russia is in China's pocket, your own analysts say this.

Invariably you will have to choose the USA over Russia, in two decades time what will deeply bind Russia and India?

Well done, you kept Russia strong enough to benefit China and you quietly pissed off the west with your current pro Russia stance.

Muji.Iqbal

Apr 18, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Premier emphasises increasing Pakistan-Russia trade, which currently stands at around $1 billion
View attachment 53152
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif met Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday, emphasising the expansion of bilateral trade between Pakistan and Russia.

In his televised opening remarks, Shehbaz noted that bilateral trade currently stands at around $1 billion. He suggested this could be significantly increased by resolving financial and banking issues.

PM Shehbaz, attending the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Council of Heads of State (CHS) and SCO Plus summits, expressed pleasure in meeting Putin, recalling their previous interaction in Samarkand.

He congratulated President Putin on his re-election and expressed confidence in Russia's continued progress under his leadership.

Shehbaz highlighted that Pakistan-Russia relations have been on a positive trajectory for several years. He expressed readiness to work closely with Putin to further strengthen bilateral ties, noting the benefits of Putin’s experience and leadership.

He thanked the Russian government for a recent oil shipment to Pakistan and expressed a desire for continued cooperation in this area.

Shehbaz stated that Pakistan-Russia ties are not influenced by geopolitical factors, citing a long history of business relations. He recalled the barter trade between the two countries from the 1950s to 1970s when Pakistan imported machinery from Russia and exported leather and other commodities.

President Putin echoed Shehbaz's sentiments, mentioning their prior discussions in Samarkand on improving bilateral relations. He noted that Pakistan and Russia enjoy cordial relations, bolstered by trade linkages.

He said both countries could enhance their cooperation in energy and agriculture and expressed his readiness to promote cooperation with Pakistan in the field of food security.
Wise move in order to counter the arrogance of USA. lol.

Dalit

Elite Member
Mar 16, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If you don't buy any you don't get a discount, stoooopid.

You keep spamming this thread with India, insecure.

Russia is in China's pocket, your own analysts say this.

Invariably you will have to choose the USA over Russia, in two decades time what will deeply bind Russia and India?

Well done, you kept Russia strong enough to benefit China and you quietly pissed off the west with your current pro Russia stance.

This nathanbob is an Indian. That is why he keeps parroting Indian stance. You don't become an American by just displaying US flags.

Dalit

Elite Member
Mar 16, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You are free to call Russia/China as friends. When the begging bowl time arrives we all know who is going to be asked for pennies and bread crumps

We know why you come to this forum to beg on a daily basis. Everyone has figured you out by now. You are the most hated individual on this forum. Just letting you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts