Somalia Reportedly Agrees to Acquire Pakistan’s JF-17 Fighter Jets

It can only happen as military aid from Saudi, while Pak does the heavy lifting on the ground.

Ethiopia has Su-30k, maybe Su-35 is coming.
 
Yeah, but what about decent bases, HAS, training aircraft etc? It did have a decent air force, but it has vanished to a large extent. Money can only do so much as we all know.

They require basic instititional capability that they do not have right now. If this deal goes ahead, PAF will have to assume a lot of responsibility, way beyond just the jets
PAF is pretty good at assuming such responsibilities.....most of the middle eastern air forces were built ground up by PAF ....my only gripe is they may become ungrateful rascals like our middle Eastern brothers.
 
The real question is , what is the benefit of these high tech JF17s-for Somalia? Is this military buildup intended to make Somalia a more valuable partner against Israel/ Somaliland or is it against Ethiopian?
 
What is the delivery date? 2035?
JF-17 production rate is so slowly that in order to meet the export depend, they must add another production line.
Who said that Production Rate is slow?

Just because PAF isn't buying anymore JF-17's for the timebeing, doesn't mean its slow.

Please, we're not HAL.

If the orders come in, they can excel the Production. We all know that both Pakistan & China build the JF-17. I'm 💯% that there can't be any delays from China's end & its NOT as if PAC has its hands full.

There are plenty of Specials that have been covered on PAC at Kamra to state that if the time comes - they can speed up the delivery process.

ENDians will be like, "Look - Pakistan is selling to another poor Nation." Jaisay kay khood nay kuch achieve keya hai.

Lay-day-kay wo madr-chood BrahMos he hai. And that too is Russian.
 
PAF is pretty good at assuming such responsibilities.....most of the middle eastern air forces were built ground up by PAF ....my only gripe is they may become ungrateful rascals like our middle Eastern brothers.

Well lets see, certainly likes of Qataris have always appreciated Pakistan, unlike zuleel Emiratis
 
Sorry I have to thumb down this news (n), it is not good news.

We SHOULD NOT sell our valuable JF-17 to cheap customers, mostly Africa or Sudan.

We need to find high value customers who are willing to pay high prices - for example, Saudi Arabia or Australia should purchase 500 JF-17. That's a huge benefit for us.
 
Sorry I have to thumb down this news (n), it is not good news.

We SHOULD NOT sell our valuable JF-17 to cheap customers, mostly Africa or Sudan.

We need to find high value customers who are willing to pay high prices - for example, Saudi Arabia or Australia should purchase 500 JF-17. That's a huge benefit for us.

Well who is to assume Somalis are not paying full price? PAC would not sell at a loss right?
 
Sorry I have to thumb down this news (n), it is not good news.

We SHOULD NOT sell our valuable JF-17 to cheap customers, mostly Africa or Sudan.

We need to find high value customers who are willing to pay high prices - for example, Saudi Arabia or Australia should purchase 500 JF-17. That's a huge benefit for us.
Appreciate your residency in the twilight zone.
 
Well who is to assume Somalis are not paying full price? PAC would not sell at a loss right?
Probably Saudi Arabia or someone covered to pay for it but I think it is not a good idea to sell our valuable jets to Africa, that's my view.

PAC must do marketing better and avoid low-cost poor dumb customers.
 
Probably Saudi Arabia or someone covered to pay for it but I think it is not a good idea to sell our valuable jets to Africa, that's my view.

PAC must do marketing better and avoid low-cost poor dumb customers.

Well for sure it would not be great is AESA/PL-15 secrets exposed but we can assume we may be providing a "dumbed down" version?

I'm not sure, but thats my guess
 
Sorry I have to thumb down this news (n), it is not good news.

We SHOULD NOT sell our valuable JF-17 to cheap customers, mostly Africa or Sudan.

We need to find high value customers who are willing to pay high prices - for example, Saudi Arabia or Australia should purchase 500 JF-17. That's a huge benefit for us.
Man I don't know what you're smoking, but I don't any part of THAT.

No Offence,but, you took a page from...:

India Offers To Sell LCA Tejas LIFT Variant To The US Navy As It Floats Global RFI To Buy Trainer Jet

Be realistic.

What type of Defence Cooperation do you have with Australia? Atleast India gets invited to their Excercise Pitch Black (every year). Not that it matters. Australia still won't touch their TEJAs with a 6-foot pole.

Nations like Australia & these GCC Nations only buy Western Equipment.

Listen, you can dream about nailing a Super Model, doesn't mean you're even going to get close to one.

But challo..., nice to see you're optimistic.
 
Well for sure it would not be great is AESA/PL-15 secrets exposed but we can assume we may be providing a "dumbed down" version?

I'm not sure, but thats my guess

Yup! I am exactly afraid of technology being exposed to poor customers including Azerbaijan (Zionist President Aliyev).

Man I don't know what you're smoking, but I don't any part of THAT.

No Offence,but, you took a page from...:

India Offers To Sell LCA Tejas LIFT Variant To The US Navy As It Floats Global RFI To Buy Trainer Jet

Be realistic.

What type of Defence Cooperation do you have with Australia? Atleast India gets invited to their Excercise Pitch Black (every year). Not that it matters. Australia still won't touch their TEJAs with a 6-foot pole.

Nations like Australia & these GCC Nations only buy Western Equipment.

Listen, you can dream about nailing a Super Model, doesn't mean you're even going to get close to one.

But challo..., nice to see you're optimistic.

Sorry Lol man, I never read any articles of TEJAAAAAS including your link. They are full of garbage.

I am just saying we need to be careful to sell our valuable jets and must find good reliable customers.

Ofc I am optimistic that Pakistan is going in the right direction, I love my country
 
Yup! I am exactly afraid of technology being exposed to poor customers including Azerbaijan (Zionist President Aliyev).



Sorry Lol man, I never read any articles of TEJAAAAAS including your link. They are full of garbage.

I am just saying we need to be careful to sell our valuable jets and must find good reliable customers.

Ofc I am optimistic that Pakistan is going in the right direction, I love my country

Dilemma yaar, if we do not sell someone else will. Thank God Indians made a mess of Tejas otherwise we would be competing with them in Africa.

Remember, PL-15 units that were doing all the killing last year were over 15 years old. I am hoping China is giving PAF new kit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top