Tesla to unveil Robotaxi on 8/8: Musk

Forget the taxi. It would be nice just to make private cars to drive on their own so they can pick up or drop off their owners at train/bus stations or airports.

I'm quite sure that is what people were expecting.
It drives you to the airport..then drives home.

However I can see it being abused.

1) You have it drive to somebody's home at 3am and long beep its horn and then take off.

2) On a rainy day you have it perpetually drive around a block notorious for big puddles on the edge of sidewalks. Thus splashing people.

Basically a troll mobile. This is why it will eventually be ,limited to just taxis.

And each car should come with a blank slate. No AI knowledge should be built in. It should just watch how its owner drives around until it learns enough.
This is a really bad idea. Perpetual drunken sailor mode we will have to dodge until finally the car wrecks.

In this way, if it is involved in an accident, its owner should take the responsibility, not the company that built and sold it.
you'd have to alot first to train it...or you just chose a previous drunken sailor template to build upon.

I'm quite sure that is what people were expecting.
It drives you to the airport..then drives home.

However I can see it being abused.

1) You have it drive to somebody's home at 3am and long beep its horn and then take off.

2) On a rainy day you have it perpetually drive around a block notorious for big puddles on the edge of sidewalks. Thus splashing people.

Basically a troll mobile. This is why it will eventually be ,limited to just taxis.

This is a really bad idea. Perpetual drunken sailor mode we will have to dodge until finally the car wrecks.

you'd have to alot first to train it...or you just chose a previous drunken sailor template to build upon.
You don't need a self-driving car to be a troll mobile. Plenty of remote controlled toy cars can serve that purpose. Besides, your car needs to show the license plate in order to drive around. Being a troll while not being caught isn't easy.

As of this part, what is the difference between the drunken sailor wrecks the car and its self-driving mode does it?

As of this part, what is the difference between the drunken sailor wrecks the car and its self-driving mode does it?

That's like offering people the ability to write their own driving exam test questions.

That's like offering people the ability to write their own driving exam test questions.
Who said the driver doesn't need to pass the driving exam in order to get the driving license? But that reminds me. In order to turn on the self-driving mode, the self-driving mode needs to pass the driving exam, too, when both the examiner and the owner sit in. I was wondering when self-driving mode would be deemed road worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back