TF-X / KAAN / Hürjet Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircrafts News & Discussions

I will not be hyped to much before turks introduce domestic engine solution. Until then it is not complete air fighter in political and military service terms meaning it has limited operational and strategic value.
But never the less it is so far great achievement for turkish aerospace industrial complex.

I will not be hyped to much before turks introduce domestic engine solution. Until then it is not complete air fighter in political and military service terms meaning it has limited operational and strategic value.
But never the less it is so far great achievement for turkish aerospace industrial complex.
What is a complete fighter in those terms?

What is a complete fighter in those terms?
Full control over armaments, sensors, software and engine, first three achieved, engine remained to be domesticated.
Otherwise they can forget potential sales and potential war or sanctions situations they could be of limited use due limited hours of engine usage and overhauling processes.

So, what's your solution to the problem? Not doing anything until a domestic turbojet engine is readily available?

While I appreciate your concerns, I wholeheartedly reject your statements. With the recent Chinese progress in this field and the consequences it will yield globally, the Western manufacturers of jet engines will change their attitude towards potential customers like Türkiye anyways.

They simply have to in order to be able to compete with their rivals in China and Russia.

From a customers perspective, I'd rather have an underperforming Russian engine or an untested Chinese one than no one at all.

In addition, it's not like Türkiye is sitting idle and waiting for a miracle to happen. Time's changed and firmly believe that Western companies are aware of the new reality.

I did not say that, said i will not be hyped and never said you should do nothing actually commended your efforts so far.
Chinese and russian options carry their own set of strings but can agree less risky option but same shit basically unless they do not make some sort of agreement for local production and no restrictions for reselling to third parties.

Was looking forward for the first flight but I would say if its not ready for a flight then its best to wait a few months, the plane must go through alot of checks before the full flight. Turkey still has 7 years left to improve the plane, around 2030s the plane should be fully ready for induction and the engine should also be ready. Does Turkey have underpowered engine for this plane or no engine at all? Also are the radars, missiles etc all ready?

Full control over armaments, sensors, software and engine, first three achieved, engine remained to be domesticated.
Otherwise they can forget potential sales and potential war or sanctions situations they could be of limited use due limited hours of engine usage and overhauling processes.
What is the assumption that if these aren’t achieved they wont be effective?

What happens if the Turks get a US engine or a european solution? And then they go to war and end up with sanctions that they cannot service and continue operating the type? Their industrial base allows them to fully service the F-100 and they could easily adopt it for the EJ-200 barring Germany’s approval.

Worst case scenario even if they are dependent and sanctioned they have the ability to reverse engineer most components.

Your concerns are hyperbole at this point.

Worst case scenario, they switch out the US engine for a Chinese or Russian equivalent. like the WS-10C or WS-15 or the Al-41/Al-51.

There are always going to be some dependencies, it can't be helped. The key is in how you adapt depending on what sort of restriction has been placed..

Worst case scenario, they switch out the US engine for a Chinese or Russian equivalent. like the WS-10C or WS-15 or the Al-41/Al-51.

There are always going to be some dependencies, it can't be helped. The key is in how you adapt depending on what sort of restriction has been placed..
The fact is that they will have none of them,if F-110 is baned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back