The country has gone bankrupt, and no one is willing to lend us money," says Qaiser Bengali.

people should sing the song, “jarnail asif munir, meri jind meri jaan” …

do it for 30 days and the country will come out of economic crises..

all jokes aside, no one trusts Pakistanis.. people see Pakistan as the most corrupt and dishonest nation..

Thanks to bajwa, hafiz and nadeem, they brought Pakistans doom..
Congratulations establishment!
Awaam ne khud kushian karni hain if we collapse!.......its not a good patch were going thru bhai. Just a bad time in our current affairs. I'm tired of being worried now. Totally worn down.

We can do all the above, like you say……but we don’t have functioning institutions bhai.

Saza nahi hae for violators, accountability nahi hae right? Sense of nationhood nahi hae.

Where do we start? Do we ask Iran for help in this regard? They’ve been doing it what? 2500 years now? Cuz clear as day they got it down, we can’t govern/ manage/ control our own tribal jahils no?

What do we do? Our entire diaspora is in agony, let alone our ghareeb badbakht back home.
We need to organize the right experts, in each economic field to lay out what needs to be done. Then we bring back the politics leadership to implement those changes.

Institutions are at the end of the day, made up of individuals that follow rules and procedures. This is the time to lay out those rules and procedures, so when the political moment happens, change can be implemented and correctly and quickly.

One change is how court cases take 20 years to be resolved. That bogs down many plans for how investment can be done, or how people can pull money out of bad investments and quickly into good investments.

This shouldn’t be a matter of politics, but what we have now is politics that obstructs, and maintains the power of the oligarchies to continue the status quo.

Pakistan has nearly become the Argentina of Asia, but give it another 10 years like this and we will be. Now is the time for change, where no change will make any difference. Everyone sees the need, and if we course correct now, it can be an opportunity of rebirth, stronger than ever, on our own merits and not artificially on a foreign dime.

Last edited:
We need to organize the right experts, in each economic field to lay out what needs to be done. Then we bring back the politics leadership to implement those changes.

Institutions are at the end of the day, made up of individuals that follow rules and procedures. This is the time to lay out those rules and procedures, so when the political moment happens, change can be implemented and correctly and quickly.

One change is how court cases take 20 years to be resolved. That bogs down many plans for how investment can be done, or how people can pull money out of bad investments and quickly into good investments.

This shouldn’t be a matter of politics, but what we have now is politics that obstructs, and maintains the power of the oligarchies to continue the status quo.

Pakistan has nearly become the Argentina of Asia, but give it another 10 years like this and we will be. Now is the time for change, where no change will make any difference. Everyone sees the need, and if we course correct now, it can be an opportunity of rebirth, stronger than ever, on our own merits and not artificially on a foreign dime.

Living within your means is the only way for Pakistan to get out of the current predicament. I do not think anyone in Pakistan is interested in it

Living within your means is the only way for Pakistan to get out of the current predicament. I do not think anyone in Pakistan is interested in it
The majority of the regular public is interested, which is why many carefully avoid the tax net and try to live within their means.

It’s the extractive oligarchs that live disproportionately.

Tax code needs to be simplified and tax rate needs to be lowered by half on the current payers while those industries avoiding the tax net need to be brought into system.

Cash transactions also make it impossible for companies (such as MNCs) that pay taxes (because they have a paper trail) to compete.

Doing productive business (especially those that employ lots of people) needs to be incentivized.

Solve the political crisis, end the monopoles and oligarchies hold on the tax code, and restore the duly elected candidate to their rightful place, and investor confidence will spike, with investors looking to quickly Snatch up market share for “pennies on the dollar” before the country rebounds. Investment in import substitutions; especially food processing and food storage will see a decrease in imports and the potential end to the circular debt.

FDI From the diaspora, in the form of remittances directed to prioritize investments could raise productivity and coupled with more broader tax ( but lower) could create the right incentives to raise taxes in a sustainable manner that doesn’t hurt growth and meets the IMF demands.

1) remittances should not be given to Pakistan, as it supports the crooks to stay in power. They should only be given if elected people are given power back, meaning Pakistanis are given power back
2) dark economy should be taken out, and only digital currency should be allowed. this will allow smooth taxation and digital foot print leaves a track, BUT, govt will never allow it as it weeds out and crushes corruption.

3)FDI wont happen, as no one trusts pakistan,
as an example as overseas Pakistani, i investment close to $100,000 in a startup business, but the people i knew from my childhood swindled the money. My american wife talk about it everywhere we go, that how corrupt Pakistanis are. just imagine the shame people bring to Pakistan. on a flip side if pakistanis who swindled the money, had worked honestly, the projected growth was 18% to 25% per year. just imagine if business grows, more money would've poured in..
i moved my investment to India 🇮🇳 and now have invested roughly $400,000. and same projected return.

there is something seriously wrong with DNA of Pakistanis. At Pakistan embassy washington DC, met with Ambassador Masood khan with american pakistani entrepreneurs, majority of issues were around money swindling, hard to invest in pakistan, as govt wants share (corruption) and lastly, $ being stuck in invesments in Pakistan for various reasons.

who will like to invest in Pakistan.. no one will, its a mess of a country, i recommend every pakistan american in my entrepreneurial group to not invest in pakistan unfortunately

Last edited:
The majority of the regular public is interested, which is why many carefully avoid the tax net and try to live within their means.

It’s the extractive oligarchs that live disproportionately.

In my opinion avoiding the tax net is not living within your means

as an example as overseas Pakistani, i investment close to $100,000 in a startup business, but the people i knew from my childhood swindled the money. My american wife talk about it everywhere we go, that how corrupt Pakistanis are. just imagine the shame people bring to Pakistan. on a flip side if pakistanis who swindled the money, had worked honestly, the projected growth was 18% to 25% per year. just imagine if business grows, more money would've poured in..
i moved my investment to India 🇮🇳 and now have invested roughly $400,000. and same projected return.

Why is one bad investment example of an whole country ?

Why is one bad investment example of an whole country ?
i added more to my post, countless examples faced by overseas pakistanis around me.

when your hard earned money is taken away, even one example is good enough and a reflection of people of Country

overseas pakistanis out of love want to help Pakistan but the local Pakistanis see as a free handout because it’s not their money. It’s really hard to work with Pakistani. They are truly not honest people.

i added more to my post, countless examples faced by overseas pakistanis around me.

when your hard earned money is taken away, even one example is good enough and a reflection of people of Country

overseas pakistanis out of love want to help Pakistan but the local Pakistanis see as a free handout because it’s not their money. It’s really hard to work with Pakistani. They are truly not honest people.

I am sorry to hear that

1) remittances should not be given to Pakistan, as it supports the crooks to stay in power. They should only be given if elected people are given power back, meaning Pakistanis are given power back
2) dark economy should be taken out, and only digital currency should be allowed. this will allow smooth taxation and digital foot print leaves a track, BUT, govt will never allow it as it weeds out and crushes corruption.

3)FDI wont happen, as no one trusts pakistan,

there is something seriously wrong with DNA of Pakistanis. At Pakistan embassy washington DC, met with Ambassador Masood khan with american pakistani entrepreneurs, majority of issues were around money swindling, hard to invest in pakistan, as govt wants share (corruption) and lastly, $ being stuck in invesments in Pakistan for various reasons.

who will like to invest in Pakistan.. no one will, its a mess of a country, i recommend every pakistan american in my entrepreneurial group to not invest in pakistan unfortunately
The pre-requisite are indeed the rightly elected democratic government and institutional and tax reforms to create the right environment to safeguard investments, as well as spread the tax burden to those industries out of the tax net, so it’s a level playing field for all investors.

did any one of you guys heard about Maryum Baji's latest plan to develop Pakistan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back