Trio of JF-17s Land in Azerbaijan For ADEX 2024 !

Like a person above state , it is welcomed to see Pakistan Airforce focused on expanding the footprint of JF17 Block III across Eurasia

Missed Opportunity we could have sold 500 Jets across region 10 years ago via China help

• Turkey (150 units)
  • Azerbaijan (50 units)
  • Iran (100 units)
  • Syria (100 units)
  • Eygpt (100 units
  • Bangladesh (50 units) <High Potential for sale now>

-----------------------------
Current Thunder Footprint

Azerbaijan - 24 Orders Pending Delivery <high potential for reorder>
Iraq - 12 Orders Pending Delivery <high potential for 100 plane>
Nigeria - 3 Orders <Need new order>
Myannamr - 11 Orders (5 pending Delivery)

Last edited:
I think those were our Mirages the old 70's planes
The Thunders Block III are more lethal

I am a bit disappointed the Nigerians have not picked up at least 40 Thunders, they do have the oil wealth

They likely were more expected to close in deal for 40-50 Thunders

I did recently found out even Mexico does not have a decent airforce anther potential sale

Mexico does not need an airforce. Who are they going to fight ? The best thing for them is to invest that money in policing, health and education!!!

I think those were our Mirages the old 70's planes
The Thunders Block III are more lethal

I am a bit disappointed the Nigerians have not picked up at least 40 Thunders, they do have the oil wealth

They likely were more expected to close in deal for 40-50 Thunders

I did recently found out even Mexico does not have a decent airforce anther potential sale
The problem is, selling a fighter jet isn't just about the specifications and price of the weapon. It's the politics as well. When you're selling someone a fighter jet, your competitor is literally companies Lockheed Martin and Sukhoi.

Were it not for that, I am sure the JF-17 would have been in numerous third world air forces by now, to replace old MiG-21s, J-7s and MiG-29s, F-5s and Mirages.

Pakistan has sent 3 JF-17 Thunders to Baku, Azerbaijan for the ADEX Defence Exposition 2024. These include 2 Block 2s and 1 Block 3 jets. The package also includes the very JF-17 Block 2 aircraft that dropped Takbir bombs in IOK on Feb 27th, 2019.
1727202016258.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back