Turkish Engine Programs

another 1 or 2 year test, we can expect 2026 first Altay with Turkish engine delivered to the armed forces.
It won't take that long. We don't have time. I think they will complete the very necessary tests within 6 months and mass production will begin.

It won't take that long. We don't have time. I think they will complete the very necessary tests within 6 months and mass production will begin.

Will be be ready in 1-2 years though?

The current plan seems to be production with the South Korean powerpack. I doubt they would have gone with the south korean powerpack if mass production with the domestic powerpack was possible in 1 year.

I think we will not use S. Korean Power Pack. I have no proof. Just a personal opinion.

I do think same, they came with stupid prices. A single unit was if i remember correct 1 milyon dollar :ROFLMAO:.
I think The BATU Power Package has matured faster than expected. Add to that the exorbitant price of the S. Korean Power Package and in this economic crisis environment, no other decision could have been made.

Of course, these are just my personal speculations. We will wait and see.

I think The BATU Power Package has matured faster than expected. Add to that the exorbitant price of the S. Korean Power Package and in this economic crisis environment, no other decision could have been made.

Of course, these are just my personal speculations. We will wait and see.

Aren't they field testing with the Korean Powerpack currently?

The next milestone should be when we see the first altay tank integrated with Domestic powerpack integrated up and running for tests.

Depending on how that goes, we will know the timeline much better.

I still think they should do mass production with the South Korean powerpack if it passes all tests. And they wait until the domestic powerpack is fully ready. If they cancel the production with the south korean powerpack and things are delayed with the domestic engine, it will delay mass production again. The priority should be getting mass production up and running as soon as possible, even if the price for the powerpacks being supplied is not ideal.. Mass production has been delayed since 2016.

The German arms embargo forced BMC to become the power of Turkiye

1500hp BATU Engine was successfully ignited for the first time in 2021 and just within 3 years BMC has delivered its Engine for tests .... what a quick success

All these projects have been developed simultaneously by BMC POWER
-- The 1500 hp diesel Engine
-- Transmission with steering and braking capability and high torque
-- High efficiency chiller and multi functional control unit

Maybe the ALTAY Tank mass production was delayed for years,
but eventually Türkiye had a say in the strategic engine field, and very few countries have this technology in the world

We will see the ALTAY Tank to use indigenous BATU Engine in 2026
1727598607207.jpeg

Not only 1500hp BATU Engine but also ecosystem has been developed by BMC POWER for military vehicles

TUNA is a 400 hp diesel engine
1727600013847.png
AZRA is a 600 hp diesel engine
1727599925378.png

UTKU is a 1.000 hp diesel engine
1727600158856.png

BATU is a 1.500 hp diesel engine
1727600077382.png
Also LEVEND is a 600 hp marine diesel engine
And BLUE BATU is a 1.040hp marine diesel engine
1727600312582.png

The Germans thought that all these technologies can not be developed by the TURKS

just wait and see , including turbofan Engines for the KAAN , KIZILELMA and ANKA-3/4 manned - unmanned stealth Fighter Jets

Last edited:
What Germany persistently fail to understand is that with embargoes they are only stealing our time. They're actually creating a very strong competitor which soon taught them harsh realities in a tank mod tender. Now they are threatening own customers not to work with Turkiye

1727603652297.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back