TCG ANADOLU Amphibious Assault Ship
TCG ISTANBUL Frigate
TCG PİRİREİS Submarine

1703146417633.jpeg

1703146473689.jpeg

1703146486909.jpeg

xbat

Dec 16, 2023
AKYA heavy torpedo live test is coming, i quess(hope) that will hit an ex-aviso this time, because we dont have a frigate size real target.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Critical decision for MİLGEM 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th ships​

TCG ISTANBUL

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...gem-91011-ve-12nci-gemiler-icin-kritik-karar/

The decision was made for the construction of the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th ships of the MİLGEM Program. The ships will be built as frigates and not the TF-2000 Anti-Air Warfare Destroyer as originally planned.

The Defense Industry Committee (SSİK) Meeting was held today under the chairmanship of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. At the first SSİK meeting of the year, decisions of critical importance for the Turkish defense and aerospace industry were taken.

The most important of these decisions was the start of construction activities of the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th ships of the MİLGEM Program. Within the scope of the MİLGEM Program, Turkey initially built 4 Corvette-type warships with national resources and put them into service. The construction activities of the 4 STACK Class Frigates to be built within the scope of the second phase are currently continuing. TCG İSTANBUL (F-515), the first İSTİF Class Frigate , is expected to be put into service in the coming weeks.

The 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th ships to be built within the scope of the third phase of the project were expected to be in the TF-2000 Anti-Air Warfare Destroyer (HSHM) configuration. However, within the scope of the decision taken today, the 4 ships mentioned will be in the İSTİF Class Frigate configuration.

TF-2000

In summary, the Turkish Navy will have 8 İSTİF Class Frigates instead of 4 in the next 4-5 years. The production decision for the TF-2000 Anti-Air Warfare Destroyers is expected to be taken in the coming years, following payload development activities such as radar and weapon systems.

It would seem that the TF-2000 is either delayed or Turkey feels that it needs more frigates.

The decision to start the design activities of the domestic aircraft carrier was taken today during the critical meeting at the Presidential Complex.

Oublious

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Major boost for our Navy.

Another 4 I class for the navy, this 4 will replace old Yavuz class. Looks like 16 modern Frigattes. Hisar Class OPV. total 26 ships 2030+. Hisar Class is a modulair ship what always can be armed more when it needs. Overal not bad, we will have 8 AESA radar ships. The first test block for the MILDEN subs are going the start and they will get VLS, what this test block is i don't now.

In the Defense Industry Executive Committee; Decisions were taken for the construction of Offshore Patrol Vessels, New Type Landing Ships, New Generation Mine Hunting Ship and National Assault Boat.

What important is, for the agean sea we need FAC, Assualt boats what translator means. Ther wher several project going on for that so what it was we will see soon.

Design phase for AC will start :p. I hope 50000ton+...

Qureshi

Apr 18, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Another 4 I class for the navy, this 4 will replace old Yavuz class. Looks like 16 modern Frigattes. Hisar Class OPV. total 26 ships 2030+. Hisar Class is a modulair ship what always can be armed more when it needs. Overal not bad, we will have 8 AESA radar ships. The first test block for the MILDEN subs are going the start and they will get VLS, what this test block is i don't now.

In the Defense Industry Executive Committee; Decisions were taken for the construction of Offshore Patrol Vessels, New Type Landing Ships, New Generation Mine Hunting Ship and National Assault Boat.

What important is, for the agean sea we need FAC, Assualt boats what translator means. Ther wher several project going on for that so what it was we will see soon.

Sounds quite interesting in particular AC, would you please highlight the numbers of each new type which will be built.

Oublious

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Sounds quite interesting in particular AC, would you please highlight the numbers of each new type which will be built.

This is a long run project, this will get in shap after maybe 5 to 6 years with design. After that we will begin to build it. First AC build and finished is from today to 10 years later.

What interesting is MILDEN 3000ton+ sub with VLS.

Reactions: HRK

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

I think TF-2000 might be delayed. what do you think?

Oublious

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think TF-2000 might be delayed. what do you think?

Normal, what if they build it now and deliver it in 2026? I mean is the radar ready? Siper block 2 and Gezgin cruisemissile ready?

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Normal, what if they build it now and deliver it in 2026? I mean is the radar ready? Siper block 2 and Gezgin cruisemissile ready?

Milgen 9,10,11,12 were supposed to be TF-2000 in the original plan, now they are saying they will be Istanbul Class Frigates instead, idk unless somehow capacity is increasing and they build simultaneously, it might be a delay. Perhaps the planners feel they need to put out ships as soon as possible and obviously Istanbul class is fully developed and will be faster to built, with no growing pains.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Why a second aircraft carrier, though?

Oublious

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Milgen 9,10,11,12 were supposed to be TF-2000 in the original plan, now they are saying they will be Istanbul Class Frigates instead, idk unless somehow capacity is increasing and they build simultaneously, it might be a delay. Perhaps the planners feel they need to put out ships as soon as possible and obviously Istanbul class is fully developed and will be faster to built, with no growing pains.

Ther is a rumor according to Fatih Mehmet Kucuk from DefenceTurk, that they have revise the tonnage of TF-2000 to 9000 ton because the war in Ukraine.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Why a second aircraft carrier, though?

The first one technically isn't an aircraft carrier, its an amphibious assault ship that has a slope. This new one that they are suggesting, is supposed to apparently be a more full sized carrier, with a significant air wing.

Zarvan

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What is the status of TF 2000 Destroyer. Why is that program getting so much delayed?

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What is the status of TF 2000 Destroyer. Why is that program getting so much delayed?

They switched priorities to trying to push out production on more Istanbul class Frigates, so either the priority is to get as many ships as possible in the short term or maybe the TF-2000 has some subcomponents still in development and not yet mature. Perhaps a combination of both.

Users who are viewing this thread