Turkish Naval Programs

dBSPL

Mar 1, 2018
GL70acPW0AAn6lz

dBSPL

Mar 1, 2018
- The National Aircraft Carrier, which is planned to have a length of 285m, a width of 72m, a draft of 10.1m and a displacement of 60,000 tons, will be equipped with a COGAG type Main Propulsion system consisting of 4 LM2500 Series Gas Turbines. The National Aircraft Carrier, which will have a STOBAR (ramp take-off and capture system) aircraft take-off/landing system, will be able to reach an unrestricted speed of 25 knots and will have a cruising range of +10,000 nautical miles without refueling.

- The National Aircraft Carrier will be designed entirely in Turkiye by the Design Project Office Directorate and built by Turkish engineers and workers at the Istanbul Shipyard Command.

- The National Aircraft Carrier will have 2 take-off (yellow) and 1 landing runway and 3 running tracks.

- The National Aircraft Carrier's self-defense will be provided with 32-cell MİDLAS VLS launcher and 4 GÖKDENİZ CIWS.

- Work is being carried out to ensure that HÜRJET, ANKA-III, KIZILELMA and BAYRAKTAR TB3 UCAVs can operate unrestrictedly on the National Aircraft Carrier, which will be able to carry a total of 50 aircraft, 20 on the flight deck and at least 30 in the hangar section (it was pointed out that this number may increase further). Every week, meetings are held with both TAI and BAYKAR Technology and DPO personnel on how these aircraft will be used on the National Aircraft Carrier and what modifications should be made to the platforms for this purpose.

- In the first phase, the National Aircraft Carrier will not include a catapult system, as there is still no national/indigenous capability in this field, but the ship design will include a Modular Ramp System, and if it is possible to produce indigenous catapults in the future, this modular ramp will be dismantled and the flight runway/deck will be converted into a flat structure and the catapult system can be integrated into the ship. For this purpose, a space has been reserved for the catapult in the interior layout design of the National Aircraft Carrier in case it is installed in the future.

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
F-515 TCG ISTANBUL Frigate
1713971172425.jpeg

Turkiye has developed Indigenous Sytems to break embargo on Turkiye
400 km CENK AESA Radar
16 cells MIDLAS VLS

64 x HISAR-D Block2 SAMs ... ( quad pack capability in near future )
16 x ATMACA anti-ship Missiles
1 x MKE 76 mm Naval Gun
1 x GOKDENIZ 35 mm CIWS

1713971181114.jpeg

1713971191435.jpeg

1713971704352.png

Last edited:

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler

"We will build a Fighter Jet that can take off and land vertically for the Aircraft Carrier."
1714728904552.jpeg

1714728937965.jpeg

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Turkish Coast Guard, which has the fastest boats in the world, gave the Greek Coast Guard Boat a shower

TURKIYE
KAAN 19 class Boat:
*Maximum speed: 60+ kts
*Displacement: 38.8 tons
*Range: 372 nm

GREECE
Panther 57 MKI class Boat:
*Maximum speed: 44+ kts
*Displacement: 28 tons
*Range: 250 nm

KAAN-19 Boat
1716621867651.png

Last edited:

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Congrats....

apparently 4 boats. If I had to guess I would have guessed Qatar or Saudi, but Qatar ordered 4 Italian Frigates recently, so idk if they will order 4 more, 8 frigates for a time country might be overkill. Saudi is still a possibility, as they have some aging frigates and are probably looking to expand their navy.

The Wildcards would be Algeria or Egypt post rapprochement.

It could be UAE, but the relations there are too volatile.

Oublious

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
apparently 4 boats. If I had to guess I would have guessed Qatar or Saudi, but Qatar ordered 4 Italian Frigates recently, so idk if they will order 4 more, 8 frigates for a time country might be overkill. Saudi is still a possibility, as they have some aging frigates and are probably looking to expand their navy.

The Wildcards would be Algeria or Egypt post rapprochement.

It could be UAE, but the relations there are too volatile.

i prefer not to sell uae.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
i prefer not to sell uae.

Me neither. I don't trust Bin Zayed, they only made peace b/c they failed in the coup and other things, and it ended up in a stalemate, but if the govt decides to take their money via sales, it is what it is. lol

Would be a significant sale, Euro and US shipyards just can't compete on price point with Turkey, and the non NATO countries that can, can't supply NATO standard equipment, the only exception being South Korea, but the advantage over Korea is that Turkey I feel has put a priority in indigenizing the subsystems as much as possible, as opposed to buying off the shelf from EU/US sources, which gives more flexibility on who can buy.

Last edited:

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
TCG MURATREIS, the 3rd of the REIS ( Type-214TN) class Submarines, placed in the floating dock.

1717837459210.png

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Carrier Strike Group in 2035

confirmed projects

-- 285 m Aircraft Carrier
-- 231 m TCG ANADOLU amphibious assault Ship
-- 200 m TCG DERYA Replenishment at Sea and Combat Support Ship
-- TF-2000 class Destroyers
-- ISTIF class Frigates
-- MILDEN class AIP Submarines

The Turkish Navy faced a significant stimulus for change because of major alterations in strategic calculus, military planning, and means of waging war. To cope with pressing security challenges, the Navy charted itself a new course, ‘Towards Blue Waters’ in the 2030s.

This dissertation endeavors to uncover the geopolitical, strategic, historical, cultural, institutional, political, and economic factors behind this move.

To the goal of Turkiye’s quest to become a sovereign, credible and legitimate member of the BİG POWERS community

1719216280853.png

Users who are viewing this thread