Turkish Operations in Northern Iraq

L

LegionnairE

*sigh*

If I speak a bit of Japanese,will you think I'm from Japan and get over with it?

Enough with your nonsense. I spoke a tiny bit of broken Serbo-Croatian and since that day you've been saying that I'm a Serb. Get over with it. I'm not a Serb.
Türkçeni geliştirmek için bir sebep daha

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Gentleman, as you can see the title of this thread is "Operations in Northern Iraq" Please stay on topic. No discussions on anything other than Northern Iraq operations and the PKK. There are other threads where you can hash out your other disagreements.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Gentleman, as you can see the title of this thread is "Operations in Northern Iraq" Please stay on topic. No discussions on anything other than Northern Iraq operations and the PKK. There are other threads where you can hash out your other disagreements.
By the way,if the PMU actually clears Northern Iraq of PKK,it will be a win for Turkey. Much easier for them. I don't know if the Peshmerga would help them,but still it would be interesting from a military point of view.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
By the way,if the PMU actually clears Northern Iraq of PKK,it will be a win for Turkey. Much easier for them. I don't know if the Peshmerga would help them,but still it would be interesting from a military point of view.

Indeed it would but at some level I'm skeptical b/c the PKK at one point was embedded inside a unit of Hashd Al Shabbi. So its an internal process for them to weed out people they themselves incorporated. Lets see. But this news is positive nonetheless.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Indeed it would but at some level I'm skeptical b/c the PKK at one point was embedded inside a unit of Hashd Al Shabbi. So its an internal process for them to weed out people they themselves incorporated. Lets see. But this news is positive nonetheless.
It's always been a fragile peace between Iraqis and Kurds. But then again,it's officially Iraq even though the territory is an autonomous Kurdish region.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It's always been a fragile peace between Iraqis and Kurds. But then again,it's officially Iraq even though the territory is an autonomous Kurdish region.

Yes but the Official elements are Baghdad and the KRG which is run by the KDP. The PKK has no legitimacy in Iraq, its an insurgent group from Turkey thats latched on and using the political vacuum left behind since the chaos of Iraq. Eventually they will make a play for the KRG against the KDP as well, so they are a threat for them as well. KDP went to war with them in the past, Everyone has mutual interests here in getting rid of these foreign backed actors.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It has little legitimacy generally,but oh well

nah almost none. You will find Iraqi Kurds tend to be more religious than Turkish Kurds(the Iraqis didn't go through kemalization post ottoman era), so this foreign atheist marxist organization is looked at quite suspiciously, they tend to prefer the KDP. The PKK has never been able to make headway outside of latching on to the Yezidis, but even there, there is some tension. For the most part they have no presence in cities, they are in mountains in Qandil. Like for example in elections, you don't see them win elections in Iraq like you would see the HDP get votes in Turkey. Outside of maybe the PUK, they don't have any allies in Iraq, but the PUK Kurds are Sorani Kurds and that partnership is more KDP PUK rivalry, where the PUK tries to undercut the KDP's control over Kurmanji Kurds by trying to prop up the PKK to use against the PDP, but its very little traction.

Users who are viewing this thread