Turkish UAV/UCAV Projects

CSAW

Mar 9, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Turkiye is a Powerhouse in UAV

EI General Manager Prof. Dr. Mahmut Faruk AKŞİT:

Our TF-6000 (TF10000 with afterburner) engine, which we designed for ANKA-3 and KIZILELMA, is in the manufacturing phase and we are operating it within a few months.

1702351795035.png

Last edited:

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

New record in test flight from Bayraktar TB3​

Bayraktar-TB3-2

Bayraktar TB3 SİHA, developed by Baykar, broke a record by staying in the air for 32 hours during its 13th test flight.

Bayraktar TB3 SİHA, developed nationally and uniquely by Baykar, successfully completed its 13th test flight, in which it remained in the air for 32 hours. The National UCAV covered a total distance of 5,700 km in the sky during its 32-hour flight.

The testing process of Bayraktar TB3 , an armed unmanned aerial vehicle developed nationally and uniquely by Baykar, continues successfully. The national SİHA, which went through successive performance tests after making its first flight on October 27, successfully completed its 13th flight test, where the system and endurance performance at medium altitude was measured.

FLYED FOR 32 HOURS

Bayraktar TB3 SİHA remained in the air for 32 hours uninterruptedly at an average altitude of 20,000 feet in its 13th test flight held at AKINCI Flight Training and Test Center in Tekirdağ's Çorlu district. The national UCAV, which took off with the PD-170 engine developed domestically by TEI, successfully passed all the tests in which the system and endurance performance at medium altitude were measured during the long flight test.

HE CROWDED 5,700 KM IN THE SKY

Bayraktar TB3, the new record holder of the Baykar S/UAV family, covered a total distance of 5,700 km in the sky during its 32-hour flight. Bayraktar TB3, which remained in the air for 12 hours in the 12th flight test where the system performance at medium altitude was measured, thus broke its own record.

EXHIBITED AT TEKNOFEST FOR THE FIRST TIME

Bayraktar TB3 SİHA was exhibited publicly for the first time at TEKNOFEST Istanbul at Atatürk Airport between 27 April and 1 May, within the scope of TEKNOFEST, which was held in 3 major cities to crown the 100th anniversary of our Republic. Then he also participated in TEKNOFESTs held in Ankara and Izmir.

Bayraktar-TB3-2 (1)

FIRST FLIGHT FROM TCG ANADOLU WILL BE IN 2024

Bayraktar TB3 UCAV will be the first armed unmanned aerial vehicle in the world with the ability to take off and land from short-runway ships such as TCG Anadolu with its foldable wing structure. Baykar Chairman of the Board and Technology Leader Selçuk Bayraktar announced that they planned to start tests for Bayraktar TB3 on the TCG Anadolu ship in 2024.

The capabilities that Bayraktar TB3 will have will be an important innovation for unmanned aerial vehicles in this class. The national SİHA will also have beyond-line-of-sight communication capability, so it can be controlled from very long distances. Thus, it will have a multiplier effect on Turkey's deterrent power by performing reconnaissance-surveillance, intelligence and attack missions against overseas targets with the smart munitions it carries.

EXPORT TO 33 COUNTRIES

Baykar, which has carried out all its projects with its own resources since the beginning, has obtained 83% of its revenues from exports since the beginning of the UAV R&D process in 2003. According to the data of the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TİM) in 2021 and 2022, it became the export leader of the defense and aerospace industry. Baykar, whose export rate was 99.3% in the contracts signed in 2022, achieved exports of 1.2 billion dollars. Export agreements have been signed with 33 countries, 32 countries for the Bayraktar TB2 SİHA, and 8 countries for the Bayraktar AKINCI TİHA so far.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Brothers, lets separate the threads, based on Topics, the TFX Hurjet threads should be separated from the UAV projects I think, will be easier, otherwise things will get overwhelming and discussions will be messy and harder to follow. I have created the UAV page, please use this for the Bayraktar UAVs and ANKA posts.

dBSPL

Mar 1, 2018
Oh s. Here we go again. lol. It will be necessary to create an index again for each heading, for projects and ongoing programs. Anyway, today is not the day. Let me say hello to the forum by sharing some phoenix pictures:

GCcKdsfW8AA0Y_e
GCcKdscXQAAhLwO
GCcKdsfWEAASPl9

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Brothers, lets separate the threads, based on Topics, the TFX Hurjet threads should be separated from the UAV projects I think, will be easier, otherwise things will get overwhelming and discussions will be messy and harder to follow. I have created the UAV page, please use this for the Bayraktar UAVs and ANKA posts.

Thanks, bro. Could you change the title to "UAV/UCAV"? It just bothers my inner Monk.🥲

ANKA-3, an unmanned combat aircraft developed by TAI, successfully made its first flight this morning. Right next to it is TAI's light attack and training aircraft, HURKUŞ.

▪️6.5 tons maximum takeoff weight ▪️Ability to carry 1.2 tons of payload ▪️Standard payload at 40,000 ft altitude
▪️10 hours air time
▪️250 kts cruising speed
▪️Very low radar cross section ▪️Internal weapons stations ▪️Maximum speed of 425 kts

silicon0000

Mar 1, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@mod @Waz @Hyde @RescueRanger @Musings

Can we merge this thread with the thread Turkish UAV Projects

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Thanks, bro. Could you change the title to "UAV/UCAV"? It just bothers my inner Monk.🥲

gonna have to contact Zarwan for that, threads were merged, I don't think I can change the title now.

@mod @Waz @Hyde @RescueRanger @Musings

Can we merge this thread with the thread Turkish UAV Projects

I found a couple more older threads, with older posts. that should also be merged.

Also I think if we create stickies like the old forum had(https://pdf.defence.pk/forums/turkish-defence-forum.101/), with the same topics. and have the mods sticky some of the topics, we won't have the issue of newer duplicate threads.

silicon0000

Mar 1, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
gonna have to contact Zarwan for that, threads were merged, I don't think I can change the title now.

I found a couple more older threads, with older posts. that should also be merged.

Also I think if we create stickies like the old forum had(https://pdf.defence.pk/forums/turkish-defence-forum.101/), with the same topics. and have the mods sticky some of the topics, we won't have the issue of newer duplicate threads.

@Waz @Hyde @RescueRanger Can you help please.

Users who are viewing this thread