Two Wheel Club

DEOSAI to MINIMARG 1000 KM Off Road Bike Adventure (line of control) | UKHANO

A nicely produced vblog that brought back memories of my own trips in those areas a long time ago. TFS!

Going on currently in Sturgis (August 2 to 11):

Last edited:

@Sharma Ji @Guru Dutt @VCheng @_NOBODY_ @Joe Shearer @Jbgt90tankguy

Please tag other bikers here.

A proper contender to the now absent retro thumper slot in India.

The tried and tested thumpy Rotax motor of the old BMW Funduro is the icing on the cake.

Mahindra and Classic Legends the potential likely spoiler ....

2.99 lakhs ex showroom.

45 bhp with 55 Nm torque at just around 3500-4000 rpm. And a claimed ton plus top end.

Cheers, Doc

The tried and tested thumpy Rotax motor of the old BMW Funduro is the icing on the cake.

2.99 lakhs ex showroom.

45 bhp with 55 Nm torque at just around 3500-4000 rpm. And a claimed ton plus top end.

Cheers, Doc

Seems to be nicely done. If not too heavy or with too much vibration, this could be a cool choice.

Seems to be nicely done. If not too heavy or with too much vibration, this could be a cool choice.

Its only competition in India and globally is the Royal Enfield Interceptor, which is a parallel twin.

It is just 2 bhp lower, with a cylinder less. And makes 3 Nm more torque but more importantly at more than a thousand rpm lower down than the RE. A proper true blue single pot big thumper.

It is also more than 5+ kilos lighter, in spite of being liquid cooled to the air cooled RE.

To my mind everything depends on Mahindra in terms of support for service and spares and warranty. If they get that right, this bike will sell itself.

Let's see. As a Bullet 500 rider (owned three in fact, having kept only one) I am really looking forward to swinging a leg over one and riding it properly.

Cheers, Doc

Fireblade 30th Anniversary: Three Decades of Continuous Challenges

The legendary Tadao Baba, responsible for the creation of the original game-changing 1992 Fireblade, reflects on 30 years of Fireblade history and philosophy with three of his successors as Chief Engineer in charge of our much-loved super sports flagship.

Fireblade 30th Anniversary: Three Decades of Continuous Challenges

The legendary Tadao Baba, responsible for the creation of the original game-changing 1992 Fireblade, reflects on 30 years of Fireblade history and philosophy with three of his successors as Chief Engineer in charge of our much-loved super sports flagship.
Man, this got me emotional. I can't imagine how proud Baba-san must be to have seen his vision evolve so beautifully over 30 years. Long live CBR-1000RR-R!

Its only competition in India and globally is the Royal Enfield Interceptor, which is a parallel twin.

It is just 2 bhp lower, with a cylinder less. And makes 3 Nm more torque but more importantly at more than a thousand rpm lower down than the RE. A proper true blue single pot big thumper.

It is also more than 5+ kilos lighter, in spite of being liquid cooled to the air cooled RE.

To my mind everything depends on Mahindra in terms of support for service and spares and warranty. If they get that right, this bike will sell itself.

Let's see. As a Bullet 500 rider (owned three in fact, having kept only one) I am really looking forward to swinging a leg over one and riding it properly.

Cheers, Doc

And I look forward to your impressions when you do get a ride on it. Ridden properly, of course. :D

2.99 lakhs ex showroom.

Cheers, Doc
well i find RE interceptor much much better neo retro than this BSA it looks and feels way too plastic and impracticle

well i find RE interceptor much much better neo retro than this BSA it looks and feels way too plastic and impracticle

Still. Its a big single. The most rarerst of rare bike out there today.

You know I have been riding for 36 years now, and I have never ever owned a multi cylinder bike. 🙂 Ridden yes. Owned never.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Great to see you in green bhai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back