• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

UK Elections 2024: Labour Wins

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Just wondering do any of you really think voting in this election will change the British government stance regarding Gaza or Muslim in general?

While I do understand different people have different preference and priority, but I think this is really naive to think this vote (or any given vote in the next decade) would matter. This is not going to change the direction because this is probably a minority problem for the Brits, everyday folks vote in this election probably will care about how much a dozen of eggs is going to cost tomorrow or can I make an NHS appointment than worrying about people in Gaza.

Especially now with labour ended up in majority anyway, you can't even swing the independent into the mix to get policy done......

I read this as don't engage the process, don't organise.

Why not say what you mean, soldier.

If your conscious moves you then you lift a finger to do what you can.

Politics is about the heart after all

agidest

Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You obviously havn't heard the severe Islamaphobic remarks about Pakistanis and Muslims by uk indians. Just ask suella braverman. If it's okay for them, it's certainly okay for us. Some home-truths need to be said.
As opposed to the Hindu phobic Lord Nazir?

agidest

Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Its not a home truth, it's not accurate in the way you suggest.

Braverman is not ethnically your standard UK Indian, she is quite a mix tbh and rare in the UK Indian landscape, I don't think you can really call her Indian.

Even preeteyyy putel is Ugandan Indian, a sub group.

The real point you are missing is they are useful actors in the stage set by others, trust me if not them someone else.

The individuals themselves are kind of irrelevant, someone will do the role and script.

The common denominator on the individual is simply they are unscrupulous unprincipled deceptive opportunists.

You think nus ghani in her shalwar kameez is what exactly 🤣

These women have all married into power and influence, I don't know why everyone is making a grand theory on commenting on it, weird tbh

Braverman can say what she does because it's on script, it's useful at the time it's said and she faces no organized opposition.
It's just Pakistanis being bitter about a general loss of influence in the UK relative to Indians. British Indians are beating them across the board economically, educationally, and professionally.

India and Indians will continue on, Pakistanis will continue with their finger pointing at 'saazishes'.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I read this as don't engage the process, don't organise.

Why not say what you mean, soldier.

If your conscious moves you then you lift a finger to do what you can.

Politics is about the heart after all
I thought I said it out pretty loud.

Politics is about pleasing, but it never about pleasing the minority, Political Science 101, you can't please everybody in politics, which mean whatever politician do is for his/her own political survival. And I would venture further and say majority of people in Britain care about issue that hit closer to home than a foreign policy issue that far away. I mean it's one thing you want the priority change, but it's another thing to have that expectation that things WILL change.

That's why I don't ever vote anywhere since 2012 (Except in Oz because they force you to) , I can vote in this General Election in the UK, but I didn't bothered. Because if everyone has the same issue, then those issue shouldn't exist to begin with, as they would have already been fixed because everyone will demand it to be fixed. Election is nothing but a game for the riches

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I thought I said it out pretty loud.

Politics is about pleasing, but it never about pleasing the minority, Political Science 101, you can't please everybody in politics, which mean whatever politician do is for his/her own political survival. And I would venture further and say majority of people in Britain care about issue that hit closer to home than a foreign policy issue that far away. I mean it's one thing you want the priority change, but it's another thing to have that expectation that things WILL change.

That's why I don't ever vote anywhere since 2012 (Except in Oz because they force you to) , I can vote in this General Election in the UK, but I didn't bothered. Because if everyone has the same issue, then those issue shouldn't exist to begin with, as they would have already been fixed because everyone will demand it to be fixed. Election is nothing but a game for the riches
Politics is not rational.

You are right in some ways, but you basically said don't engage.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Politics is not rational.

You are right in some ways, but you basically said don't engage.
Well, I'll engage, just not in this way.

As I said, if you are mainstream, then regardless of who you vote for, they will get that done for you, because everybody want it to be done, not just you, which make whatever you vote didn't matter. If you are a minority, they probably will just be humouring you and then paying lip service and have you go your way, because they won't get quad if they don't listen to what you have to say.

In a close election, however, this is going to be a bit different, because politician would need to make deal with the minority to stay in power. That's when you get what you wanted. But this election is never going to be close anyway.

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It's just Pakistanis being bitter about a general loss of influence in the UK relative to Indians. British Indians are beating them across the board economically, educationally, and professionally.

India and Indians will continue on, Pakistanis will continue with their finger pointing at 'saazishes'.

I must have missed sunaks incredible success, oh wait, he was a wet weak disaster, a historical disaster.

Outside your internal echo chamber people don't really respect or admire or indeed follow petty opportunists

This is a conversation you have in your WhatsApp groups, where it's safe.

313Ghazi

Elite Member
Mar 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Pakistan is a lost cause.
I will be surprised if it lasts another 75 years.
At best it will be like Afghanistan or Somalia.

Our future is in the West.
Maybe, but the potential is there. 250 million people, plenty of natural resources, plenty of educated people.

If utilised in 15-20 years we'd be talking about a different country.

r3alist

Aug 17, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well, I'll engage, just not in this way.

As I said, if you are mainstream, then regardless of who you vote for, they will get that done for you, because everybody want it to be done, not just you, which make whatever you vote didn't matter. If you are a minority, they probably will just be humouring you and then paying lip service and have you go your way, because they won't get quad if they don't listen to what you have to say.

In a close election, however, this is going to be a bit different, because politician would need to make deal with the minority to stay in power. That's when you get what you wanted. But this election is never going to be close anyway.
You have to learn to optimise and maximise if you are a minority.

Apparently the Muslims and Arabs could make a huge difference in the us elections in key swing states, as fate would have it.

Your effectiveness is based on your determination to be effective

313Ghazi

Elite Member
Mar 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Just wondering do any of you really think voting in this election will change the British government stance regarding Gaza or Muslim in general?

While I do understand different people have different preference and priority, but I think this is really naive to think this vote (or any given vote in the next decade) would matter. This is not going to change the direction because this is probably a minority problem for the Brits, everyday folks vote in this election probably will care about how much a dozen of eggs is going to cost tomorrow or can I make an NHS appointment than worrying about people in Gaza.

Especially now with labour ended up in majority anyway, you can't even swing the independent into the mix to get policy done......
Not at all. I voted for an independent for my own conscience.

I've resigned to knowing that mainstream political parties serve the interests of those who bankroll them and thier own social class.

I hope to be proven wrong.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You have to learn to optimise and maximise if you are a minority.

Apparently the Muslims and Arabs could make a huge difference in the us elections in key swing states, as fate would have it.

Your effectiveness is based on your determination to be effective
Seriously, you think US election is revelent?

On one hand you have an old man who can't even form word sentences and remember which country he was talking about. On the other you have a guy who hell bend on being a dictator and the Supreme Court of the United State had just entertained that idea and grant President, present and future immunity.

Which way should you swing??

PAKISTANFOREVER

Apr 10, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
As opposed to the Hindu phobic Lord Nazir?

Or the Islamaphobic Keith vaz who pays men for sex even whilst married:

• Haha
Reactions: Waz

PAKISTANFOREVER

Apr 10, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Its not a home truth, it's not accurate in the way you suggest.

Braverman is not ethnically your standard UK Indian, she is quite a mix tbh and rare in the UK Indian landscape, I don't think you can really call her Indian.

Even preeteyyy putel is Ugandan Indian, a sub group.

The real point you are missing is they are useful actors in the stage set by others, trust me if not them someone else.

The individuals themselves are kind of irrelevant, someone will do the role and script.

The common denominator on the individual is simply they are unscrupulous unprincipled deceptive opportunists.

You think nus ghani in her shalwar kameez is what exactly 🤣

These women have all married into power and influence, I don't know why everyone is making a grand theory on commenting on it, weird tbh

Braverman can say what she does because it's on script, it's useful at the time it's said and she faces no organized opposition.

Braverman is NOT mixed race. She is 100% racially indian/dravidian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts