United States elections 2024

New Hampshire primary results updates: Trump defeats Republican rival Hale

By Jillian Kestler-D'Amours and Allison Griner
Published On 23 Jan 202423 Jan 2024

1706085260568.png
Former President Donald Trump blasted rival Nikki Haley in his primary-night victory speech in Nashua, New Hampshire [Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP]
  • New Hampshire hosted the first primary of the 2024 US presidential election season after Republicans voted in the Iowa caucus last week.
  • The Associated Press declared former President Donald Trump the primary winner within minutes of the final polls closing, saying he trounced former United Nations envoy Nikki Haley by an “insurmountable margin”.
  • Though she admitted defeat, Haley used her concession speech to question Trump’s electability and reaffirm her desire to continue campaigning, setting her sights on South Carolina’s upcoming primary.
  • President Joe Biden was not on his party’s primary ballot after a scheduling spat between state Democrats and the Democratic National Committee, but he nevertheless won the party’s primary race, thanks to a write-in campaign.
  • Experts see the Biden and Trump victories in New Hampshire as setting up a rematch of the 2020 presidential election.

Haley faces a tough path ahead, particularly in her home state of South Carolina next month.

Haley faces a tough path ahead, particularly in her home state of South Carolina next month.
I wonder how many hillbilly republican supporters know that Nikki Haley is Indian lol.

Good go on trump win it!

I wonder how many hillbilly republican supporters know that Nikki Haley is Indian lol.
Don't be so prejudiced and racist. Nikki Haley is not an "Indian". She was born in Bamberg, South Carolina. She is just as much an American as I am, someone with German-Scottish great grandparents.

Don't be so prejudiced and racist. Nikki Haley is not an "Indian". She was born in Bamberg, South Carolina. She is just as much an American as I am, someone with German-Scottish great grandparents.
You missed my point. I am not the one who has any issues with Nikki's ethnicity. It is the Trump-loving white supremacists who judge people on the basis of race. Do you think these white supremacists will accept Nikki after finding out about her ethnic background? I have heard so many stories from my Indian and Pakistani friends who practice medicine in the US about these white supremacists refusing to get treated by them, especially during COVID-19, simply due to their skin colour even if they urgently require treatment.

Also, I am not saying that all Trump supporters are white supremacists but a good chunk of them are.

Also, congrats to all the Republican supporters. Your 170 years old party has been turned into a Trump Cult. Props to Trump for pulling this off. Even Reagan couldn't turn the Republican Party into a Reagan Cult.

You missed my point. I am not the one who has any issues with Nikki's ethnicity. It is the Trump-loving white supremacists who judge people on the basis of race. Do you think these white supremacists will accept Nikki after finding out about her ethnic background? I have heard so many stories from my Indian and Pakistani friends who practice medicine in the US about these white supremacists refusing to get treated by them, especially during COVID-19, simply due to their skin colour even if they urgently require treatment.

Also, I am not saying that all Trump supporters are white supremacists but a good chunk of them are.

Also, congrats to all the Republican supporters. Your 170 years old party has been turned into a Trump Cult. Props to Trump for pulling this off. Even Reagan couldn't turn the Republican Party into a Reagan Cult.
Both are dumb but at least Trump is not that easy to be arm-twisted. Trump also has a record/precedent like ending Afghan war, urging NATO to spend on defence which makes them less likely to interfere in wars like in Libya etc, not enticing Putin, etc. However, he was as harsh on China as Biden.

I find it amusing how some Pakistanis are excited about her and Vivek being South Asian. I find that to be racist.

Some Pakistanis are idiots who get all indignant and SJW against the evil white American supposed racists -- in support of an anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistan neocon who wouldn't bat an eyelid if some Muslim or Pakistani was facing bigotry. But, then again, Pakistanis excel in stupid emotionalism.

I find it amusing how some Pakistanis are excited about her and Vivek being South Asian. I find that to be racist.

Some Pakistanis are idiots who get all indignant and SJW against the evil white American supposed racists -- in support of an anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistan neocon who wouldn't bat an eyelid if some Muslim or Pakistani was facing bigotry. But, then again, Pakistanis excel in stupid emotionalism.
Any Pakistani who believes that is extremely naive. Irrespective of ethnic background, American politicians will always serve America as they should. Supporting a person based on his/her caste, creed or religion is one of the dumbest things a person can do.

These two are even worse than the white supremacists. In order to get accepted, they take even harder stances than the white supremacists. Some of Nikki Hailey's talking points straight up make her sound like a KKK member.

GHQ on purpose delayed elections to 2024 to align with one of the biggest democratic nations on earth.

Ever since Trump burst into national politics in 2015, academics, journalists and political professionals have devoted extraordinary efforts to understanding the economic, ideological, emotional and patriotic motivations of his ultra-loyal “Make America Great Again” followers. But there is a strong case that it will be the more diverse groups of voters who chose Biden in 2020 who hold the key to November’s election, depending on their level of enthusiasm and shifting political priorities.

Democratic political operatives admit Biden faces a tough mission.

President Joe Biden speaks to United Auto Workers members at the UAW's Community Action Program legislative conference in Washington, DC, on January 24.

The former president’s supporters are enthusiastic and up for the fight, and he’s sporting a far more formidable political operation than he did in either 2016 or 2020, which he will use to try to expand his pool of tens of millions of Republican voters.

Local Republican officials are predicting that Biden’s hopes will be complicated by the return of many Republicans who were repulsed by the ex-president’s conduct in 2020, but who now view his presidency more warmly and have been repelled by what they see as the current president’s march to the left.

Trump’s ascent — which is remarkable given his quagmire of legal threats and his assault on democracy in 2021 — is coinciding with rising concern among Democrats about the durability of the support base that carried Biden to the White House three years ago.

This time, Biden faces the complications of incumbency, when he will be judged on his own record – unlike in 2020 when he exploited the chaotic pandemic leadership of a president who mused on camera whether injecting disinfectant could cure Covid-19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts

Back