• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

US Army to procure 870 PAC-3 MSE missiles in $4.5B contract

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If you can make a mach 12 missile for less than 1 mil, yes, there are other option first.

Just in case you don't understand why I said that. If a missile cost that little, it's either ship or air launch, to which the first line of defence is to expel that threat beyond their engagement distant. The more cost effective way to handle that threat is to send up aircraft to engage the air/naval platform that lunch the missile. You don't expect you can just go and sit in range inside your enemy and launch missile all day undisputed. You aren't talking about Russia fighting Ukraine, you are talking about the US.

If the object gets closed enough and launch that missile, then you can talk about missile defence system. But there are several layer before that, Detection-Suppression-Interception is the basic of Air Defence Doctrine, as I said, you don't just go launch missile everytime....

That is Iranian ballistic missiles launched from ground.

I think you need to do a little more reasearch about this area.

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No as Iranian missile launchers and launch sites would be virtually impossible to hit.

Entity with all US tech and weapons cannot even take out Hamas rocket sites and launchers in Gaza and so it is absurd to think that USA can do it in a country the size of Iran.

It wasn't very absurd when US fucked up massive Iraqi army within months. It seems you and I almost live in different realities.

If you bother to watch the Iron Beam video I posted, it is actually shooting down a rocket out of sky in a live test, US army will field 3x more powerful system to efficiently knock out Ballistic missiles and cruise missiles out of sky.

We saw in the recent limited Iranian missile strike on the entity that Iran can hit ANY target in Palestine that it chooses and neither the entity or US can do anything about it.

I don't know what you saw, but everyone saw Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones and apperantly only 9(?) of them got through.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I don't know what you saw, but everyone saw Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones and apperantly only 9(?) of them got through.

Dude, I am only going to reply to you on this one as you other answer is not worth a reply as you seem incapable of understanding basic differences here.

Forget the drones and cruise missiles(which were launched as distractions and actually expected to all be intercepted by multiple nations like USA/UK/Jordan etc before they even reached the entity) but focus on the more advanced ballistics.

How many did Iran launch and did they hit the two targets multiple times which were the Zionist air bases in southern occupied Palestine?

Last edited:

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Dude, I am only going to reply to you on this one as you other answer is not worth a reply as you seem incapable of understanding basic differences here.

Forget the drones and cruise missiles(which were launched as distractions and actually expected to all be intercepted by multiple nations like USA/UK/Jordan etc before they even reached the entity) but focus on the more advanced ballistics.

How many did Iran launch and did they hit the two targets multiple times which were the Zionist air bases in southern occupied Palestine?

50 in the most conservative estimate. Could be more. And they did not hit two targets multiple times, lol. On average a single airbase has more than 40 targets to hit to effectively neutralize it. They manage to hit 1 target where a Hercules was slightly damage, other 6 landed randomly in the Nevatim air base.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
50 in the most conservative estimate. Could be more. And they did not hit two targets multiple times, lol. On average a single airbase has more than 40 targets to hit to effectively neutralize it. They manage to hit 1 target where a Hercules was slightly damage, other 6 landed randomly in the Nevatim air base.

That exactly proves my point.

There is no definite answer and it could have been as little as 20-30 and a lot of the ballistic missiles fired were not the most advanced in the Iranian inventory. It seems pretty much all the modern ones hit their targets.

It matters little whether Iran neutralised the targets as this was a demonstration of capability and not of actually trying to neutralising targets.

Now you are free to think that US is some galactic power but there are plenty that are not that impressed with it and think that it could lose a war to Iran in ME, let alone China in the Far East.

LOL @ 5 million US dollars for a single Patriot interceptor. Russia buys a S-400 interceptor for a million US dollars each.

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That exactly proves my point.

There is no definite answer and it could have been as little as 20-30 and a lot of the ballistic missiles fired were not the most advanced in the Iranian inventory. It seems pretty much all the modern ones hit their targets.

It matters little whether Iran neutralised the targets as this was a demonstration of capability and not of actually trying to neutralising targets.

Now you are free to think that US is some galactic power but there are plenty that are not that impressed with it and think that it could lose a war to Iran in ME, let alone China in the Far East.

US isn't Galactic power. But Iran will end up same as Iraq if it chooses a full scale war.

LOL @ 5 million US dollars for a single Patriot interceptor. Russia buys a S-400 interceptor for a million US dollars each.

Right, except they can't do what Patriot PAC-3 or even PAC-2 can. Physically limited and fundamentally different.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That is Iranian ballistic missiles launched from ground.

I think you need to do a little more reasearch about this area.
It changes nothing, that's a TEL type missile, it still requires a delivery platform. You aren't talking about a PGS type weapon

If it was depends on a delivery platform, then you can hunt it down and destroy it.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
It changes nothing, that's a TEL type missile, it still requires a delivery platform. You aren't talking about a PGS type weapon

If it was depends on a delivery platform, then you can hunt it down and destroy it.

USA is not going to be able to hunt them down in the massive areas of Iran that includes mountains.

Let's move on as you seem not to have looked at the experience of how difficult it was to do the same in Iraq in 1991 which was much easier task.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Russia would use Pantsir to down a Ukrainian propeller driven drone. It would probably not even waste a missile but use the gun to down these slow and relatively low flying drones.
Yeah,that's why they've destroyed so many Pantsir :p

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
USA is not going to be able to hunt them down in the massive areas of Iran that includes mountains.

Let's move on as you seem not to have looked at the experience of how difficult it was to do the same in Iraq in 1991 which was much easier task.
lol, you are saying the world most leading intelligence apparatus that's leading, by a long mile in SIGINT, IMGINT, EMINT with the most comprehensive air force in the world cannot hunt these basically "giant bleep of emission signature" down. And Iran has super-duper technology to hide this from both drone and satellite looking for them? I worked for US Military intelligence for over 5 years and subsequent work for them as a contractor and involved in numerous intelligence operation, I wouldn't say it was a possibility, may I ask what your military and intelligence experience is to tell me this does exist.

Do you even know how or why Israel manage to defeat 85% + of Iranian missile? Because they know where they were launched, and because of that, they know where they are hitting. Because they can't hit them if they were blindsided and don't know where these missiles come from. So you are telling me, the US wouldn't know where Iran position their missile?

Sure, no need to say anything, I believe you

Last edited:

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
lol, you are saying the world most leading intelligence apparatus that's leading, by a long mile in SIGINT, IMGINT, EMINT with the most comprehensive air force in the world cannot hunt these basically "giant bleep of emission signature" down. And Iran has super-duper technology to hide this from both drone and satellite looking for them? I worked for US Military intelligence for over 5 years and subsequent work for them as a contractor and involved in numerous intelligence operation, I wouldn't say it was a possibility, may I ask what your military and intelligence experience is to tell me this does exist.

Do you even know how or why Israel manage to defeat 85% + of Iranian missile? Because they know where they were launched, and because of that, they know where they are hitting. Because they can't hit them if they were blindsided and don't know where these missiles come from. So you are telling me, the US wouldn't know where Iran position their missile?

Sure, I believe you

This is the thing and shows you don't really know what you are talking about.

It was not just the entity but US/UK/Jordan also involved and nearly all the shot down missiles were cruise missiles that had to overflow 2 other countries before they even reached their targest. The more advanced Iranian ballistic missiles generally found their targets.

I am not really interested in SIGINT, IMGINT, EMINT etc as Iran was able to land its advanced ballistic missiles at the two targets it was aiming for in occupied Palestine, and there was nothing the US could do to stop them.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

It was not just the entity but US/UK/Jordan also involved and nearly all the shot down missiles were cruise missiles that had to overflow 2 other countries before they even reached their targest. The more advanced Iranian ballistic missiles generally found their targets.

I am not really interested in SIGINT, IMGINT, EMINT etc as Iran was able to land its advanced ballistic missiles at the two targets it was aiming for in occupied Palestine, and there was nothing the US could do to stop them.
Yes, I don't know what I am talking about...........lol

Do you know how much emission involved in a missile launching like this? We aren't just going to look every inch of Iran to find one of those TEL. You will have radio communication, wireless communication, heat signature, radiative signature from any antenna, and if Satellite is involved, you have both handshake and communication to care about. Even a person is standing next to the missile talking on his cellphone, we can trap that call and knows what he is talking about. You have zero idea how things like this work..

But yes, according to you, you are not going to interested in all that, because you have your super-duper Iranian tech and it either don't emit shit or be able to defeat all that......

So yes, I don't know what I am talking about............

KingQamaR

Sep 14, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Guys
That's not how cost works. As long as the cost of the interceptor missile is less than the cost of the damages the incoming target would have caused (which it almost always is, Patriots only protect important things), then you have a positive cost/benefit situation. Also, even if it's negative, war is not economics. Dollar values don't represent strategic importance. And even beyond that, the US military is so well funded that it can afford to make many actual negative cost exchanges with no consequence..

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes, I don't know what I am talking about...........lol

Do you know how much emission involved in a missile launching like this? We aren't just going to look every inch of Iran to find one of those TEL. You will have radio communication, wireless communication, heat signature, radiative signature from any antenna, and if Satellite is involved, you have both handshake and communication to care about. Even a person is standing next to the missile talking on his cellphone, we can trap that call and knows what he is talking about. You have zero idea how things like this work..

But yes, according to you, you are not going to interested in all that, because you have your super-duper Iranian tech and it either don't emit shit or be able to defeat all that......

So yes, I don't know what I am talking about............

He does not have technical understanding of what you are talking about. It's fruitless.

LeGenD

RETIRED MOD
Aug 28, 2006

The US have developed a huge count of various types of missiles and a massive surveillance network to help identify targets and engage them in hostile space. Hundreds of targets at a time.

Do you think that American surveillance network is stuck in 1991? Please read following articles:

A military professional who has served in intelligence does not know what he is talking about. Solid judgement. (y) You ignored all that was said about J-20 in another thread also. Again, US shot down many Iranian missiles and drones and blunted the impact of Iranian strike on Israel. The missiles that landed somewhere in Israel did not achieve much. Israeli defenses ignore those missiles that are deemed less threatening and engage those missiles that are deemed as most threatening to preserve ammo. The US does the same.

I don't want to talk about the US and Israel very much but when I see some posts in this forum, I am like facepalm.

Is that why Iran-backed militias stopped attacking American troops?

The US showed its strength in 1991 and will show it again when it feels the need to. But do you want to see another war that leads to destruction of yet another country? Two things that Allah Almighty dislike the most is corruption and arrogance. Don't be arrogant.

Muslims really need to study Holy Quran and become better in everything they do and don't boast unnecessarily. Something that I see in this forum all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread