US Politics

Texas This Week: U.S. Senate candidate Mark Gonzalez aiming to face Ted Cruz​

'Don't Try To Snow The American People': Chip Roy Blasts GOP Colleagues Over New Tax Bill Provisions​

GOP criticizes US retaliatory strikes in Iraq and Syria | NewsNation Prime​

Gen. Jack Keane: This is what Biden needs to do​

The New NBC News Poll Is a Train Wreck for Joe Biden​

Joe-Biden-Ice-Cream.jpg
President Joe Biden eats an ice cream during a stop at an ice cream shop in Portland, Oregon, October 15, 2022. (Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

By RICH LOWRY
February 4, 2024 12:44 PM

Biden is losing to Trump by five points in the new NBC poll. Biden is getting smoked in almost every category, including having the necessary mental and physical health to be president, not, one assumes, an incidental matter when you are seeking to be president again.

These numbers represent such a debacle, I understand why so many smart people assume that Democrats will switch out Biden — because he represents an insane bet for their party. I don’t think that’s going to happen, though. They’ve got to, as I mentioned the other day, hope the economy keeps improving and that they can disqualify Trump, including through the lawfare campaign against him.
Lawfare is the bright spot for Biden in this poll, by the way, since he pulls ahead in the hypothetical matchup if Trump is convicted. But we don’t know how voters will really react if that conviction comes, especially if it is in the ridiculous Alvin Bragg case that looks like it’s going to go first and easily could be the only one to go to trial this year.

Speaker Mike Johnson: Trump ‘is not calling the shots. I am calling the shots for the House.’​

Mike Johnson signals bipartisan immigration deal won't pass​

Trump and MAGA Allies Sabotage Border Deal, Sparking GOP Backlash, Infighting: A Closer Look​

Noem: This is an extreme remaking of America​

'Absolutely Devastating For Our Workforce And Economy': Kevin Kiley Hammers Biden Labor Dept Rules​

Col Douglas Macgregor tells TRUTH about Texas Border Crisis! Send Troops To Texas border NOW!​

Elon Musk claims Biden allowing migrant surge to pack Dem voter rolls​

Why George Santos partially agrees with Mazi Pilip, candidate running for his former seat​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back