Vietnam Airlines considers buying Chinese C919 passenger jets

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
VJ wants to buy 200 airplanes from Boeing. I think the company wants to buy some to test chinese planes.
Made in China cars or planes or anything China is a hot potato. people in Vietnam keep low profile.
Well, they don't have to buy Chinese cars or airplanes, only a very small number of Chinese cars sell in Vietnam anyway, people can keep buying things Japanese and American. Anybody still wants to buy Boeing esp 737 Max, asking for troubles, lol.

Last edited:

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
actually not needed whether or not approved by US or EU authority. In theory the plane just needs approval from VN aviation authority. Honestly I don’t know. Vietnam Airlines probably just wants to play safe. From what I see the only made in China in the aviation sector is the landing bridge in airports.
Airline need "Airworthiness Certificate Liability" (Or whatever it was call now) to rent a hanger from a country outside yours to conduct business, basically it's an insurance that insure both your company (The Airline) and the fleet so if one of them crash in that country, it made sure there are someone who will pay for it.

Most insurance body only accept FAA or EASA COA. You can't get a liability on a Chinese COA when I own a Piper. I would say unless you use it for domestic route (like from Hanoi to Saigon) or You use it for route between Vietnam to China, you probably will need to get a FAA/EASA certification for any airline to get the insurance, and you can't operate without a liability insurance

Yellow is Okay

Dec 14, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well, they don't have to buy Chinese cars or airplanes, only a very small number of Chinese cars sell in Vietnam anyway, people can keep buying things Japanese and American. Anybody still wants to buy Boeing esp 737 Max, asking for troubles, lol.

Chinese gasoline cars don’t enjoy a positive image in Vietnam, that's true, but the same holds true in other SEA countries. Surprisingly, Korean cars sell exceptionally well here, even though their sales aren’t good in the rest of the SEA markets. Personally, I wouldn’t claim that we completely dismiss Chinese brands or avoid their products due to any “anti-China” sentiment. Nor do we stubbornly choose products solely because they’re from Japan or the US.

Screenshot-2024-06-05-at-14-47-23.png

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Chinese gasoline cars don’t enjoy a positive image in Vietnam, that's true, but the same holds true in other SEA countries. Surprisingly, Korean cars sell exceptionally well here, even though their sales aren’t good in the rest of the SEA markets. Personally, I wouldn’t claim that we completely dismiss Chinese brands or avoid their products due to any “anti-China” sentiment. Nor do we stubbornly choose products solely because they’re from Japan or the US.

Screenshot-2024-06-05-at-14-47-23.png
Chinese gasoline cars are generally behind such as German, Japanese and Korean cars, EVs are the future.

ety

Dec 11, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Chinese gasoline cars are generally behind such as German, Japanese and Korean cars, EVs are the future.
Actually Chinese gasoline cars have pretty much caught up with the world in past few years, they are pretty much in par with German, American, Japanese and Korean cars now. China exported the most cars last year, many as 66% are gasoline powered, surpassing Japan and Germany. Chinese EVs are leading in the world, the future. Some countries for some reasons don't like Chinese cars, that's their choice.

Last edited:

Viet

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Airline need "Airworthiness Certificate Liability" (Or whatever it was call now) to rent a hanger from a country outside yours to conduct business, basically it's an insurance that insure both your company (The Airline) and the fleet so if one of them crash in that country, it made sure there are someone who will pay for it.

Most insurance body only accept FAA or EASA COA. You can't get a liability on a Chinese COA when I own a Piper. I would say unless you use it for domestic route (like from Hanoi to Saigon) or You use it for route between Vietnam to China, you probably will need to get a FAA/EASA certification for any airline to get the insurance, and you can't operate without a liability insurance
yes insurance is a must. There are chinese insurance companies. Should not be a problem. they do insurance for domestic airliners, certainly they can do for Vietnam airliners as well, if we decide to buy chinese planes.

Vietnam urgently needs more aircraft but Airbus, Boeing can’t deliver. Turning to the Chinese shows how desperate the situation is.

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
yes insurance is a must. There are chinese insurance companies. Should not be a problem. they do insurance for domestic airliners, certainly they can do for Vietnam airliners as well, if we decide to buy chinese planes.

Vietnam urgently needs more aircraft but Airbus, Boeing can’t deliver. Turning to the Chinese shows how desperate the situation is.
Chinese insurance only cover China. It won't work if you are in Singapore or Malaysia, you need to get local liability. Internationally you have ICAO or LLoyd of London that cover in-flight operation.

In short, unless things changes since the last time I am getting one of them, Chinese COA won't get you any insurance outside China.

Viet

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Chinese insurance only cover China. It won't work if you are in Singapore or Malaysia, you need to get local liability. Internationally you have ICAO or LLoyd of London that cover in-flight operation.

In short, unless things changes since the last time I am getting one of them, Chinese COA won't get you any insurance outside China.
I don’t know. I think if chinese insurance companies get a VN license then certainly they can cover VN market?

j_hungary

Professional
Oct 24, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I don’t know. I think if chinese insurance companies get a VN license then certainly they can cover VN market?
That's depends on whether or not VN licensee took Chinese COA, if they do, it does, it they do not, it doesn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts