Voters turn out in record numbers in France’s high-stakes snap election

Today is the second round.

The turnout rate at 12pm was 26,63%. In 2022 at the same hour it was 18,99%.

GR4EEh-WUAAdRIC.jpg

The turn out is pretty high for a French election. I wonder if this will have a negative impact on Le Pen's party.

First estimates

New popular front (union of leftist parties) : 180 to 215 seats
Together (Macron's party) : 150 to 180 seats
National Rally and allies : 120 to 150 seats
The Republicans : 60 to 65 seats
Miscellaneous left : 10 seats
Miscellaneous right : 5 to 6 seats

289 seats need to be secured for a majority.

Capture d'écran 2024-07-07 200337.png

nerviously waiting for the outcome of this !!!
Left Coalition is projected to win this election.....

With Marcon centrist party second

Le Pen Far right 3rd

Looks like the right wont get the majority they were looking for.

Good luck trying to form a government with that.

GR58TvNWAAATBgS.jpg

Macron will surely try to form a government or get the Republican's support as well as the moderate wing of the New Popular Front. For me the NPF will one day or another explode as there are/will be too muchdisagreements between them.

And I don't see Macron forming a government with the Unbowed France of Mélenchon. Quite a mess as I see. Time will tell.

I have problems understanding the French. Why did Macron receive so much support?

Good luck trying to form a government with that.

View attachment 53939

Macron will surely try to form a government or get the Republican's support as well as the moderate wing of the New Popular Front. For me the NPF will one day or another explode as there are/will be too muchdisagreements between them.

And I don't see Macron forming a government with the Unbowed France of Mélenchon. Quite a mess as I see. Time will tell.

UK politics is heading towards the same mess that the multi-party system that France has with its coalition bedhopping required to form a goverment.

I was hoping to see the "end" of Macron - but looks like that is not so clear cut.

I have problems understanding the French. Why did Macron receive so much support?

Could be centrist leaning voters who want status quo to continue and like Macrons EU friendly foreign policies..

The end of the EU is nearing. The Turkish state and folks are enjoying every bit of it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back