I respect your responses to this Hindu c*mstain on a Lindu. I enjoy your posts as we’ve had good discussion in the past.
I am one of those ethnic Pakistanis who are also Seyyid. Think
@Cookie Monster might have put it more effectively on another post about Seyyids in Pakistan.
Due to the civil strife after Karbala, many Seyyids (not all) did migrate towards Iran/Afghanistan/Pakistan/India. But not everyone who claims to be Seyyid is actually one. It’s also used as a name and honorific title. Not to deviate from this good discussion, but the truth is not as simple.
I said this many years ago on the previous forum while explaining this to another brain dead Indian Hindu, they think we claim To be Arab, Turk, and Persian because we follow Islam very closely. Reading the Quran in Arabic, praying 5x day, observing the Islamic holidays. To an extremist Hindu (regardless of their education), they view this as SA Muslims trying to be something that they are not.
Whenever I’ve come across Muslims in other countries in the Middle East, I can’t emphasis enough that there is a deep connection between on the mere account of being Muslims. It’s like meeting your brothers after years of separation. Not a single time a religious discussion was had. There was no need for one. From Algerians to Jordanians to Egyptians to Qataris to Saudis to Iranians. This while myself being Shia, there was not a single issue between us (knowing that some of them were “Sunni.” Just putting it in perspective for others.
Additionally, to these extremist Hindus, so many Muslims in lands they mistakenly believe belongs to Pagans and Hindus, were worse than invaders, were traitor for giving up our previous pagan religions.
My dad side is Seyyid (and genetically it shows), whereas my mom is more local background (also shows somewhat).