WMD: a strategic deterrence perspective for Bangladesh

Bangladesh cannot get away by supporting Terror attacks inside India

India will retaliate, no matter what

Let us see whether you Wish to Climb the Escalation Ladder
You people just can't help yourselves, wannabe bullies. You know what bullies get? They get punched in their face.

You people just can't help yourselves, wannabe bullies. You know what bullies get? They get punched in their face.

Isn't it amazing that Those people who have Not fought Any war in 53 years are straight away talking of WMDs

We have NOT even Started Any Mobilisation and you guys are talking of WMDs

So this means that you know that you cannot control your Radicals and they will unwittingly lead us to War

But that won't happen, nukes would come from India most probably in any case, if they fired nukes of hundreds of Kilotons, they would be shooting themselves in the foot, the radiation and fallout would ravage them too. It would probably be Tactical nukes, which still would kill hundreds of thousands. And equivalent numbers would survive too, the reason I mentioned "post-conflict recovery". Using Biological weapons would F up that.

There won't be any fallout to India with a hundred kiloton nuclear strike on Dhaka. There are scientific model that provides good understanding.

Anyway, this was a complete waste of time. Because I already very explicitly stated the scope of the proposition. It is only relevant to the scenario where BD faced with annihilation.

Not necessarily true. You would be blown away by how many wild secrets are successful kept. The advantage of biological WMD development is its very small footprint. It can literally be developed in a lab as big as my apartment. With only a dozen or so scientists.

And it won't disclosed to the enemy unless faced with credible existential threat.

In the past - yes, many NBC programs across different countries were kept secrets for decades, like South Africa or Israel.

But in today's information age - it's not that easy unless you have North Korea level state surveillance in place. It is significantly easier to document and transmit data for a whistleblower than what it used to be before.

Isn't it amazing that Those people who have Not fought Any war in 53 years are straight away talking of WMDs
Last time your forces faced action, didn't your plane got shot? Pilot beaten to pulp and captured? Helicopter shot by your own forces in panic? Get your house in order first.
We have NOT even Started Any Mobilisation and you guys are talking of WMDs
BD people here are talking about their self defence, Incase of any eventuality, which they have every right to do so, why are your panties on fire?

Anyway, this was a complete waste of time. Because I already very explicitly stated the scope of the proposition. It is only relevant to the scenario where BD faced with annihilation.
Well this isn't Minecraft, complete annihilation of BD won't happen. But yes imaginary scenarios are welcome.

In the past - yes, many NBC programs across different countries were kept secrets for decades, like South Africa or Israel.

But in today's information age - it's not that easy unless you have North Korea level state surveillance in place. It is significantly easier to document and transmit data for a whistleblower than what it used to be before.

It is very much doable. Anything at that level can't be risk free. Doesn't state shouldn't do it.

There won't be any fallout to India with a hundred kiloton nuclear strike on Dhaka
See the wind patterns over BD and NE India, the fallout and debris would reach West Bengal in India if such a huge nuke struck Dhaka.

Chemical and biological weapons are messy. But good info nonetheless.

I think it is best for now that Bangladesh gets its national security in place with civil defense, military and intelligence working in full unison coupled with state of the art weaponry and recon systems. Everything must be accounted for.

I believe the question of deterrence can addressed at a later stage if conventional methods are proven ineffective to keep an unruly neighbor in check as far as safeguarding our sovereignty goes.

What's more, there is China, Pakistan and to some extent the U.S. to keep the regional balance which I believe are more than sufficient. I doubt they would dare cross the limits (or I may be wrong).

So this means that you know that you cannot control your Radicals and they will unwittingly lead us to War

Change your mindset. You will be happier.

Seems like a ambitious goal , even Nuclear pact with Pakistan would be a good solution

this was in pre-internet, pre-social media era

Great idea.

Also a division or two to give some stiffening to their backbone, perhaps? And help maintain law and order?
Sorry, those divisions are currently committed to sitting behind desks and descending into the battlefield of social media which just like COIN initially they have no idea about and are being massacred.

What a bunch of jokers!

View attachment 65336
Not necessarily - you take the Israel stance of deniability but everyone knows you have it and you convey their existence only via secret diplomatic cables in euphemisms.

However, for this specific scenario I don’t see BD having a need for a “samson” option in terms of a WMD because it’s primary threat has a much stronger preference for using political assets to assert control rather than any military adventures because those will backfire in many ways.

However, Im more averse to biological WMDs simply because I remember the past 5 years and will remind everyone that while you can control where a nuclear or chemical weapon detonates and its fallout - you can launch a virus or similar biological component but you have NO WAY to control its yield and fallout.

So your deterrence is no longer against once state you’re essentially saying to the entire world “touch us and we’ll commit hara kiri for the entire human race”.

Fine if you want to be the DPRK - not fine if you want to be a progressive economic power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back