800+km range BrahMos missile successfully test fired by Indian Navy

Why not MTCR not applied? This is not totally home made but joint production of Yakont anti ship missile.
MTCR is pure BS. Most countries don't follow this rule in real. USA breaks it so does China and Russia. If you have enough power and influence, you can break it easily.

Now this is the greatest news of this month..... 800 kms brahmos or maybe higher but kept as secret?

Whatever this is serious addition to offensive power..... thanks @DDG-80 for such a lovely news.....
The Oniks-M was developed by the Russians back in 2019 with the same range so it was natural to see it come to the Brahmos. It was no secret.

The Oniks-M was developed by the Russians back in 2019 with the same range so it was natural to see it come to the Brahmos. It was no secret.
Thanks wasn't aware of this....

Brahmos has improved guidance and CEP within 1m, using their G30M triple satellite system - GPS, GLONASS, GAGAN, along with active radar.

So i guess, Indians will now champion it as an indigenous achievement.
It’s a joint missile so they can claim what they want - also a good loophole for them to basically get top notch weapons without worrying about MTCR.

India’a focus has been on creating a hypersonic Brahmos but not sure what came of that.

My question is
What happens to the 600 odd Brahmos missiles already in stock with Army and Navy
Will they be upgraded to 800km range or remain stuck at 450-500km

Coz in my opinion , India had extracted the maximum range by way of Software updates and additional Solid fuel

Last year Indian Navy ordered 200 Brahmos Missiles for its upcoming Nilgiri and updated Talwar class frigates
can we expect them to get the 800km range Brahmos or will the longer range variants be limited to the Destroyers only

It’s a joint missile so they can claim what they want - also a good loophole for them to basically get top notch weapons without worrying about MTCR.

India’a focus has been on creating a hypersonic Brahmos but not sure what came of that.
I am not sure but it might have to do with cost of production ultimately, which will put this hypersonic variant away by at least a decade if not more (The CEO of Brahmos is saying this, so there must be a reason).

In recent years there have been multiple Brahmos tests, and one of these tests has recorded data, where magnetic anomaly detection test has shown the missile reaching near hypersonic speed. Not sure if the ramjet fired for longer time, or some other change was made. However the data does show the speed being achieved, for only limited time in its flight time.

Some independent researcher from University of Colorado, did this study. The most recent statement from CEO of Brahmos aerospace says, the missile might be away by six to seven years. However he is a CEO, so he will surely be giving optimistic timelines. Leaving sources for both below

My question is
What happens to the 600 odd Brahmos missiles already in stock with Army and Navy
Will they be upgraded to 800km range or remain stuck at 450-500km

Coz in my opinion , India had extracted the maximum range by way of Software updates and additional Solid fuel

Last year Indian Navy ordered 200 Brahmos Missiles for its upcoming Nilgiri and updated Talwar class frigates
can we expect them to get the 800km range Brahmos or will the longer range variants be limited to the Destroyers only
Oniks has two variants of 600 km and 800 Km range

Brahmos 1 came with 290 KM due to MTCR regulations, and back then India wasn't a member. The Brahmos ER has 450 t0 500 Km range, and it was tested from all three platforms in last year October.

So it will take time to upgrade, and there is no data available as of now on upgrade of already inducted Brahmos.

Now the missile has too many variants going for it, Brahmos NG to make it lighter to load on Tejas, Brahmos 2 for Hypersonic, then there is the attempt to extend the range to 1500 Kms.

It will depend ultimately on the requirement I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back