After PL-15 Now PL-10 HOBS Also Deployed By PAF !

PL15 is not for sale; The PL15E is the export version.

Is the PL15E of PAF consistent with PL15 of PLA? Will China's future exports of PL15E to other countries be consistent with PAF's PL15E? We don't know!

The real data of PAF's PL15E is known only to the relevant personnel in China and Pakistan!

Oh! No! The enemy who was hit by these PL15E in the future will also know!

I think the PL-17 and PL-21 are not yet for sale, but the PL-15 (with the non watered down version) isn't that sensitive anymore.

Any A2A missile that is under 200 km will not be that competitive in the weapon market nowadays.

I think the PL-17 and PL-21 are not yet for sale, but the PL-15 (with the non watered down version) isn't that sensitive anymore.

Any A2A missile that is under 200 km will not be that competitive in the weapon market nowadays.
Are you sure you are Chinese?

Why would you misunderstand such simple Chinese humor?

If you are a Chinese who has been living in Canada, then I can understand you.

Would just love to see an export cleared version of the PL-17 (China’s answer to the Aim-260) in place of those two drop tanks and the latest jamming pod / decoy system on the centerline.
Let's not talk about the export of PL-17 (China does not have many restrictions on the export of weapons to Pakistan, it depends on whether Pakistan itself can afford it).

The PL-17 is positioned to attack high-value targets (AWACS) behind enemy fighter formations, not to attack enemy fighters, that is the work of the PL-15/PL-10. This positioning determined that the PL-17 would not be a large number in service.

This combat mode is an offensive combat mode that leaves the homeland. This mode of battle is used only after leaving the range of one's own territorial air defense system. Within the range of its own territorial air defense system, the PL-17 is not as safe, convenient and effective as other methods.

Theoretically, after the PAF obtains FC31, it is possible for J10C to carry PL-17 (there is currently no news in PLA about J10C carrying PL-17), and FC31 to guide the attack. However, the practical application value is not high. The FC31+PL-15 is already enough to deal with any problems with the PAF for a long time to come.

In my opinion, it is more realistic for the PAF to seek large-scale localization of existing air-to-air missiles. PL-17 can try to contact first, but not buy. When war comes, Urgent purchases.

J10C+PL15, both have a two-way data link (A shooting, B guidance), PAF can use this combination to train pilots and develop tactics, or directly go to China to experience the PL17 live-fire design effect.

Last edited:
Let's not talk about the export of PL-17 (China does not have many restrictions on the export of weapons to Pakistan, it depends on whether Pakistan itself can afford it).

Hi,

You are missing it again ---.

Pakistan just does not buy weapons because they are new---they buy because it would be a stair step above of what they had prior and that is what they need---.

Secondly---pak military just does not change old toys for shiny new toys on a whim---.

PL17 is not the need of the hour---integration of the PL15 is---.

Last edited:
You are missing it again ---.

Pakistan just does not buy weapons because they are new---they buy because it would be a stair step above of what they had prior and that is what they need---.

Secondly---pak military just does not change old toys for shiny new toys---.

PL17 is not the need of the hour---integration of the PL15 is---.
It's not like I'm missing it...........

It's my response to @FuturePAF........

The PL-17 is positioned to attack high-value targets (AWACS) behind enemy fighter formations, not to attack enemy fighters, that is the work of the PL-15/PL-10. This positioning determined that the PL-17 would not be a large number in service.

This combat mode is an offensive combat mode that leaves the homeland. This mode of battle is used only after leaving the range of one's own territorial air defense system. Within the range of its own territorial air defense system, the PL-17 is not as safe, convenient and effective as other methods.

Theoretically, after the PAF obtains FC31, it is possible for J10C to carry PL-17 (there is currently no news in PLA about J10C carrying PL-17), and FC31 to guide the attack. However, the practical application value is not high. The FC31+PL-15 is already enough to deal with any problems with the PAF for a long time to come.

In my opinion, it is more realistic for the PAF to seek large-scale localization of existing air-to-air missiles. PL-17 can try to contact first, but not buy. When war comes, Urgent purchases.

J10C+PL15, both have a two-way data link (A shooting, B guidance), PAF can use this combination to train pilots and develop tactics, or directly go to China to experience the PL17 live-fire design effect.
True, getting more PL-15E in the inventory and integrated with most of the fighters in the fleet (JF-17 and J-10s) is the top priority, I was looking down the line to obtaining the capability to engage those force multipliers.

The J-10 may also have a naval mission, and force protection from slow moving and less maneuverable enemy MPAs and AWACS would be important to maintain an adequate defense of the coastline and the waters of the EEZ.

A limited number of PL-17E, after the PL-15Es are localized and in the inventory in large numbers, is just the next logical step, IMHO. Not because they are new or shiny, but because they give the fleet a capability, that won’t fit inside the J-31s.

Just once before I die, I want to see an actual PL-15 on a JF 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back